2 Pages V   1 2 >  
My 1000000$ smash hit video, That's right - "Collection of Sins" video
Kristofer Dahl
Jan 24 2007, 12:38 AM
GMC Founder
Collection of sins 1000000$ smash hit video

Just uploaded this one - recorded it today. I was inspired by Steelkonsum's (and Esox Lucious') request for a lesson on the whole song. I am going to start preparing for the lesson videos.

So what do you think about my Hollywood production? biggrin.gif As mentioned earlier we're in the US now! blink.gif biggrin.gif

Kris

Edit: For those of you who missed the mp3 get it here.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Tank
Jan 24 2007, 01:08 AM
GMC Veteran
Haha!! That's brilliant. Good rock and roll song.

Good singing too mate! smile.gif

/T

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Steelkonsum
Jan 24 2007, 02:20 AM
QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Jan 24 2007, 12:38 AM) *
Collection of sins 1000000$ smash hit video

Just uploaded this one - recorded it today. I was inspired by Steelkonsum's (and Esox Lucious') request for a lesson on the whole song. I am going to start preparing for the lesson videos.

So what do you think about my Hollywood production? biggrin.gif As mentioned earlier we're in the US now! blink.gif biggrin.gif

Kris

Edit: For those of you who missed the mp3 get it here.

Good to see you're workin on it!

And i must say I love the solo in it. In my opinion better than what I heard from your other band even though they were more technical. But thats me in a 'nötskal', simple(well, simpler) is better.

Seriously can't wait for this lesson to go live biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Why
Jan 24 2007, 06:03 AM
GMC:er
Kris, You're not satch tongue.gif Drop the sunglasses wink.gif Just kidding.

This post has been edited by Why: Jan 24 2007, 06:04 AM

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Jan 24 2007, 06:41 AM
GMC Founder
biggrin.gif hehe thanks for all the comments...this is pretty new to me so I'm pretty excited! biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Zee Deveel
Jan 24 2007, 06:55 AM
Hahaha, good shit man. You have a voice coach or working things out for yourself?

--------------------
Guitars - Epiphone Les Paul Custom (Seymour Duncan JB), Schecter Omen 6 Extreme FR, Squier Affinity Strat, Yamaha F-301 Acoustic

Pedals - Line 6 Uber Metal, Line 6 Echo Park, Jim Dunlop GCB95 Cry Baby, MXR Phase 90, Boss NS-2, Digitech WH-4, Boss TR-2, Boss TU-2, Behringer 7 Band EQ

Amps - Marshall AV50 Head + Cab, Marshall AVT100 112, Line 6 Spider 112, Fender Frontman

+Quote Post
Pavel
Jan 24 2007, 08:05 AM
Instructor
Hahahah i had a good laugh hahaha! The screaming is crazy! A real Holywood Clip! Keep 'em coming Kris!

--------------------
"It isn't how many years you have been playing, it's how many hours." -- Prashant Aswani

"PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE!" -- Michael Angelo Batio

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

+Quote Post
RIP Dime
Jan 24 2007, 01:35 PM
Nice one Kris! I think you're songwriting is good. biggrin.gif

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Jan 24 2007, 03:24 PM
GMC Founder
biggrin.gif Thank you thank you I am overwhelmed.... biggrin.gif

I haven't had any voice coach I have always liked to learn things on my own and over the internet...

--------------------

+Quote Post
Steelkonsum
Jan 24 2007, 05:23 PM
Dammit Kris I'm goin' around here on work singing your bloody tune!

And people are lookin' funny at me.

Oh and dear god I have spammed alot, this is my 100th post already. Maybe I should be playing more guitar and doing less forum trolling biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Jan 24 2007, 05:26 PM
GMC Founder
QUOTE (Steelkonsum @ Jan 24 2007, 05:23 PM) *

And people are lookin' funny at me.
Oh and dear god I have spammed alot, this is my 100th post already. Maybe I should be playing more guitar and doing less forum trolling biggrin.gif

I can't imgaine how they would stare at me then... blink.gif

And yes that's right. practice, practice, practice biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Zee Deveel
Jan 24 2007, 09:49 PM
QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Jan 24 2007, 02:24 PM) *
biggrin.gif Thank you thank you I am overwhelmed.... biggrin.gif

I haven't had any voice coach I have always liked to learn things on my own and over the internet...

(Warning: Rambling post, this is hard to explain!)

I'd recommend seeing one for at least 2-3 lessons, a good coach will have a lot of valuable information about how the voice works which you won't be able to find on the internet. I tried to learn to sing on my own using the internet (I've taught myself guitar like this), but it didn't work.

The voice is so complex, for example a lot of how you sound is down to psychology, mood, the area in your mouth you guide the sound to for it to resonate (this changes depending on what style you want to sing), the amount of air you exhale, the way you stand etc etc plus so many other factors I wouldn't have ever considered or could have found out by using the internet.

The things preventing you from having the singing voice you want are unique to you and only someone who's seen all the things holding you back first hand will be able to guide you in the right direction.

--------------------
Guitars - Epiphone Les Paul Custom (Seymour Duncan JB), Schecter Omen 6 Extreme FR, Squier Affinity Strat, Yamaha F-301 Acoustic

Pedals - Line 6 Uber Metal, Line 6 Echo Park, Jim Dunlop GCB95 Cry Baby, MXR Phase 90, Boss NS-2, Digitech WH-4, Boss TR-2, Boss TU-2, Behringer 7 Band EQ

Amps - Marshall AV50 Head + Cab, Marshall AVT100 112, Line 6 Spider 112, Fender Frontman

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Jan 24 2007, 11:46 PM
GMC Founder
QUOTE (Zee Deveel @ Jan 24 2007, 09:49 PM) *
(Warning: Rambling post, this is hard to explain!)

I'd recommend seeing one for at least 2-3 lessons, a good coach will have a lot of valuable information about how the voice works which you won't be able to find on the internet. I tried to learn to sing on my own using the internet (I've taught myself guitar like this), but it didn't work.

The voice is so complex, for example a lot of how you sound is down to psychology, mood, the area in your mouth you guide the sound to for it to resonate (this changes depending on what style you want to sing), the amount of air you exhale, the way you stand etc etc plus so many other factors I wouldn't have ever considered or could have found out by using the internet.

The things preventing you from having the singing voice you want are unique to you and only someone who's seen all the things holding you back first hand will be able to guide you in the right direction.

You have a good point. I guess I'll keep going on my oen until I feel unhappy with my results - right now the limiting factor is time... and this is usually a good sign.

--------------------

+Quote Post
MickeM
Jan 25 2007, 12:12 AM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
Real good song! I like the guitars a lot!

You could most likely sell this song to Danko Jones - it is very Danko Jones like, even your singing and that's a compliment - and get your $1000000 biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Jan 25 2007, 12:26 AM
GMC Founder
QUOTE (MickeM @ Jan 25 2007, 12:12 AM) *
Real good song! I like the guitars a lot!

You could most likely sell this song to Danko Jones - it is very Danko Jones like, even your singing and that's a compliment - and get your $1000000 biggrin.gif

I like Danko a lot - so thanks! biggrin.gif

However, he hardly ever sings a note - he just shouts! blink.gif So I guess that's where i am too!

--------------------

+Quote Post
MickeM
Jan 25 2007, 04:37 AM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Jan 25 2007, 12:26 AM) *
I like Danko a lot - so thanks! biggrin.gif

However, he hardly ever sings a note - he just shouts! blink.gif So I guess that's where i am too!

I'm not to be the judge of that tongue.gif all the singing I made (drunk on Cuba Libre and/or Gin and tonic) for an (equally drunk) audience was "You're my heart you're my soul". Pretty pathetic but lots of fun.

A friend of mine, whom I'm now so lucky to be forming a band with, who's been studying vocals at MIT or whatever it's called in Los Angeles told me once that one should not shout in the mike, keep it down, it's the mike that's supposed to make it loud. According to him it's a beginners mistake to scream so their throat is pretty messed up already after one song.
I never found any use fot his words, I'm not singing, right? Perhaps you can make something of it if you feel you're shouting?

Avoid coffe and tea, drink water! smile.gif (not from me eather, i'm just repeating things like a parrot)

hmmm... I wonder if he will force me to do backup vocals in the new band unsure.gif

This post has been edited by MickeM: Jan 25 2007, 04:38 AM

+Quote Post
RIP Dime
Jan 27 2007, 06:00 PM
QUOTE (Steelkonsum @ Jan 24 2007, 05:23 PM) *

Yes! A very catchy tune! biggrin.gif I really admire Kris' ability to write catchy vocal lines, it's a very good skill to have! I wish I had that skill, but I'm working on it.

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Jan 27 2007, 07:49 PM
GMC Founder
QUOTE (RIP Dime @ Jan 27 2007, 06:00 PM) *
Yes! A very catchy tune! biggrin.gif I really admire Kris' ability to write catchy vocal lines, it's a very good skill to have! I wish I had that skill, but I'm working on it.

Because I am constantly thinking about how I can improve this ability - I hope to be able to do some great lessons on it in a year or two... smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Pavel
Jan 27 2007, 08:32 PM
Instructor
The lessons on screaming?? biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by Pavel: Jan 27 2007, 08:32 PM

--------------------
"It isn't how many years you have been playing, it's how many hours." -- Prashant Aswani

"PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE!" -- Michael Angelo Batio

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

+Quote Post
ezravdb
Jan 29 2007, 12:09 AM
Kris that song made me think of welcome to the jungle:

na-na-na-na-na-knees-KNEES!!!

--------------------
The coolest new community: Lockerz Wanna join Lockerz?
Send me a PM with your mailadress.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 10:46 PM