I Dreamed there was no War
Somebody
Frail Grasp of the Big Picture
Last Good Time in Town
I love to Watch a Woman Dance
Business as Usual
Center of the Universe
It's Your World Now

Sound: 9 Just what you would expect from a band with as much experience as the Eagles have. Guitar work by Joe Walsh is great. Vocals by Walsh, Frey, Schmit & Henley are spot on. Everything meshes together perfectly.

Lyrics: 7 The Lyrics are good but nothing really jumps out at me like so many of their songs of the past have.

Overall Impression: 6 This is where the new album loses me. I can see they tried really hard to recapture their sound from the Witchy Woman, Desperado, Tequila Sunrise days but to me the album is too slow and comes across more as an easy listening CD than it does a rock album. Out of the 20 cuts on the album more than 12 of them are slow, tear jerker type of songs(please don't get me wrong I think "I can't tell you why" is one of the best Eagles songs) I was really expecting more out of them then what they delivered.

From a group that created Hotel California and Those Shoes this one is a disappointment. I almost feel like they were trying to make a statement with too many of the cuts on this CD and it turned into the pile of crap it is(no wonder they had to record, mix and produce the entire CD themselve's, no one else would! I'm going to force myself to listen to this one a few more times before I use it as a coaster, but as of right now it's headed for the "too bad I wasted my money on it" pile.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
You wish.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Nov 21 2007, 04:17 AM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
Hmmm, although its no Hotel California, i still thought it was a pretty decent album, sure not there best, still pretty cool though smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by The Uncreator: Nov 26 2007, 07:56 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 08:13 PM