2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Reaper Problems! Help!
Sensible Jones
Mar 22 2010, 05:49 PM
GMC:er
OK Tony, here we go!
I can't say whether there are any ghosts as when I opened that Ghost Scan it asks me which Program I want to open the file with and I have no idea as I presumed it was a Self-contained program file!

I followed those M-Audio instructions and so the FT is not installed and I removed anything to do with it.
Audacity wouldn't work with it before either.
Maybe the FT is bust and not doing what it should? unsure.gif

I tried the Safe Mode bit but, get this...... I can't even get the PC to open in Safe Mode at all!!!! Don't ask me why!! mad.gif

Hammer Time is getting closer by the hour!!! biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
I'd rather have a full Bottle in front of me than a full Frontal Lobotomy!!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Saoirse O'Shea
Mar 22 2010, 05:53 PM
Moderator - low level high stakes
Any chance that you can try installing the FT and Reaper on a different pc SJ?

Oh and the ghost app is a DOS executable so double click it and it should just run...

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Get your music professionally mastered by anl AES registered Mastering Engineer. Contact me for Audio Mastering Services and Advice and visit our website www.miromastering.com

Be friends on facebook with us here.

We use professional, mastering grade hardware in our mastering studo. Our hardware includes:
Cranesong Avocet II Monitor Controller, Dangerous Music Liasion Insert Hardware Router, ATC SCM Pro Monitors, Lavry Black DA11, Prism Orpheus ADC/DAC, Gyratec Gyraf XIV Parallel Passive Mastering EQ, Great River MAQ 2NV Mastering EQ, Kush Clariphonic Parallel EQ Shelf, Maselec MLA-2 Mastering Compressor, API 2500 Mastering Compressor, Eventide Eclipse Reverb/Echo.

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
Mar 23 2010, 01:47 PM
QUOTE (tonymiro @ Mar 22 2010, 04:53 PM) *
Any chance that you can try installing the FT and Reaper on a different pc SJ?

Oh and the ghost app is a DOS executable so double click it and it should just run...

That's the main problem I had Tony, my Interwebs PC is only an old 486 and so couldn't run Reaper! I then got the 1MHz PC and that's the one that has reaper and HAD the FT loaded on it!

To bring it all up to date:-
The FT is totally uninstalled.
I left a post on the Reaper Forums and got a Reply saying:-
Is this happening when you load a New Project or a Dry Project or both?
I say:- I can't even get that far!
The Reply:-
It might be a Reaper.ini file(?) have you tried to 'Restore Factory Settings'.
How do I do that I ask....
The Reply..
Start->Reaper->Restore Factory Settings. Simple! wink.gif

So, I did, it was, it works!
Although that's with the Guitar running into the Mic Line.

Please don't shout at me too loudly for wasting so much of your time! biggrin.gif

I may try to re-install the FT again and see what happens!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Saoirse O'Shea
Mar 23 2010, 02:04 PM
Moderator - low level high stakes
NP SJ - glad you got it sorted as well smile.gif

Check on a corrupt .ini file was our next check btw (honest). From above:

Crash - there's a corrupt Reaper.ini file (we'll come to that is necessary.)

--------------------
Get your music professionally mastered by anl AES registered Mastering Engineer. Contact me for Audio Mastering Services and Advice and visit our website www.miromastering.com

Be friends on facebook with us here.

We use professional, mastering grade hardware in our mastering studo. Our hardware includes:
Cranesong Avocet II Monitor Controller, Dangerous Music Liasion Insert Hardware Router, ATC SCM Pro Monitors, Lavry Black DA11, Prism Orpheus ADC/DAC, Gyratec Gyraf XIV Parallel Passive Mastering EQ, Great River MAQ 2NV Mastering EQ, Kush Clariphonic Parallel EQ Shelf, Maselec MLA-2 Mastering Compressor, API 2500 Mastering Compressor, Eventide Eclipse Reverb/Echo.

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
Mar 23 2010, 04:40 PM
Thanks Tony! I really do appreciate all the time you took to help out mate!
I own you a Stout or three!!
biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 02:06 PM