2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Do You Have A Band That You Think Should Be "bigger"?
Praetorian
Aug 15 2008, 04:48 AM
Learning Apprentice Player & Challenge Star
What I mean is, do you have a favorite band that may be well known, but you just don't understand why they aren't a huge headliner? For me that band is Sevendust. They are a successful band...but when I listen to them I am amazed that they aren't one of the most popular and successful bands out there! Do you guys have a band you think the same thing about?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Ben

Fender American Standard Stratocaster
Ibanez RG4EXQM1
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
RIP Dime
Aug 15 2008, 05:15 AM
GMC:er
I don't think so, many of my favorite bands aren't that popular, but I'm fine with that, as long as they keep making amazing music and tour with it, I'm happy, I don't care how many people buy their stuff. Anyways, I hate seeing huge shows in huge places, concerts in clubs are the best IMO, they sound better and you can get closer to the band. smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
sigma7
Aug 15 2008, 05:32 AM
Definitely Sonata Arctica...they have greats songs and are great live

--------------------

+Quote Post
Déjà vu
Aug 15 2008, 05:53 AM
If you asked somebody like me I would say. Cacophony, or Racer x smile.gif. But, not many people like instrumental music (even though they do have singers). I feel I know a lot of bands that are widely known for only one hit song. I also think most of those bands' other material usually sooo much better. A few examples of this case are The Scorpions, Extreme, Warrant (yes, I like Hair Metal), etc. etc. The list could almost go on forever. wink.gif

+Quote Post
Trond Vold
Aug 15 2008, 06:46 AM
Instructor
Devin Townsend! That man is absolutely brilliant and i dont think i've ever heard a bad song from him. Some of his songs, like "Life", should have been a huge hit if you ask me smile.gif

--------------------
Guitars: Schecter Stiletto Classic, Jackson SLSMG, Ibanez RG-380 Japan, Gibson Les Paul Studio

Amp: Marshall JMP-1 -> Rocktron Velocity 100 -> Marshall JCM-900 Lead 4x12

FX and stomps: T.C Electronics G-Sharp, Korg SDD-1200, Emma Transmorgrifier, BYOC Tribooster, GGG Green Ringer, Dinosaur Overdrive, Voodoo Lab SuperFuzz, Sovtek Bassballs, Line6 Tap Tremolo, EHX Screaming Bird.

My Instructor Board!

My Myspace!

+Quote Post
Rated Htr
Aug 15 2008, 08:02 AM
Experienced Rock Star
Sonata Arctica for me aswell...

--------------------
Currently Practicing

Rhythm: Finnish Power Metal III: Nightwish
Legato: Ben's Land Of Legato
Alternate Picking: Alternate Picking Workout #5
Chords: Chord Melody Technique

+Quote Post
Fsgdjv
Aug 15 2008, 08:22 AM
Katatonia. They are quite famous, yes. But they should be able to get so much further with their music, at least to a major record label or something.

EDIT: Rated Htr can you make that signature any bigger?

This post has been edited by Fsgdjv: Aug 15 2008, 08:22 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
VinceG
Aug 15 2008, 08:23 AM
I'm fine where my favorite band is in at the moment. There popular in there own way. I'm sure if they want popularity, then they would have achieved it, but I think they want to keep certain exclusivity when it comes to there music, especially in Death and Black Metal.

Bands like Judas Iscariot are astounding for what they did in USBM, but there music is very exclusive.

--------------------
METAL SUCKS

My Last.fm account. View it for all the terrible music I play on a daily basis

+Quote Post
Iluha
Aug 15 2008, 10:01 AM
King's X and Extreme, they both make very good songs which can come through as mainstream.. but except for More Than Words they never really gotten big.

--------------------

My Latest Upload: Here!

My Practice Agenda/Blog: Here!

+Quote Post
RIP Dime
Aug 15 2008, 10:18 AM
QUOTE (Trond Vold @ Aug 15 2008, 06:46 AM) *
Devin Townsend! That man is absolutely brilliant and i dont think i've ever heard a bad song from him. Some of his songs, like "Life", should have been a huge hit if you ask me smile.gif

YEA!!! His songs are definitely incredible and catchy! biggrin.gif

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
Nemanja Filipovi...
Aug 15 2008, 12:46 PM
Singing Instructor
Tenacius D smile.gif

--------------------
Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

Participate im my new Crazy Blues Collaboration

+Quote Post
Toni Suominen
Aug 15 2008, 01:29 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Trond Vold @ Aug 15 2008, 06:46 AM) *

I agree, he's songs are great, and some even have a huge commercial potential I think, like "Life" as you said or "Storm". But even though he doesn't sell billions of records, he is still regarded as a true musical genious, so he still gets the respect that he deserves smile.gif

--------------------
Gear:
-PRS Custom 22
-Edwards Les Paul
-PodXT
-Ibanez Acoustic

Check out my lessons and my instructor profile!

My Youtube channel

My Last.FM

+Quote Post
Ian Bushell
Aug 17 2008, 02:58 PM
Instructor
Alter Bridge!! Awesome band!! They should be way bigger!!

This post has been edited by Ian Bushell: Aug 17 2008, 02:58 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
IDontWantMyUsern...
Aug 17 2008, 03:16 PM
That would definitely be Sanctity. KMC Metal should also get bigger, I think they have the potential tongue.gif biggrin.gif

--------------------
My stuff:

Ibanez S320
Marshall MG100HDFX half stack
Line6 PODxt
Digidesign Mbox Pro

Songs I'm writing down/learning at the moment:

Children of Bodom - Downfall

+Quote Post
Ian Bushell
Aug 17 2008, 03:27 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (IDontWantMyUsername @ Aug 17 2008, 04:16 PM) *
That would definitely be Sanctity. KMC Metal should also get bigger, I think they have the potential tongue.gif biggrin.gif

How could everyone forget KMC!!:P Nice one!

--------------------

+Quote Post
g-forcelover
Aug 17 2008, 03:28 PM
QUOTE (Nemanja Filipovic @ Aug 15 2008, 07:46 AM) *
Tenacius D smile.gif

+100!

--------------------

i tripped and broke my guitar's neck. :(

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Aug 17 2008, 04:20 PM
Instructor
Well not really, I think bands are fine on what positions they are for me anyway smile.gif

My only regret is that often jazz and blues musicians are heavily underrated and left aside in small clubs instead of going worldwide and spread their great music.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
IDontWantMyUsern...
Aug 17 2008, 04:37 PM
QUOTE (Ivan Milenkovic @ Aug 17 2008, 05:20 PM) *
Well not really, I think bands are fine on what positions they are for me anyway smile.gif

My only regret is that often jazz and blues musicians are heavily underrated and left aside in small clubs instead of going worldwide and spread their great music.

That's true dry.gif

--------------------
My stuff:

Ibanez S320
Marshall MG100HDFX half stack
Line6 PODxt
Digidesign Mbox Pro

Songs I'm writing down/learning at the moment:

Children of Bodom - Downfall

+Quote Post
Barenaked Ninja
Aug 19 2008, 02:22 AM
I'd have to say Queensryche. Their sound is so polished and thorough. Great vocals and epic solos that cut like razors. They got popular there for a while in the late 80's and early 90's, but I still think they should've been more appreciated.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Juan M. Valero
Aug 19 2008, 01:19 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Trond Vold @ Aug 15 2008, 07:46 AM) *

I share your opinion, this guy is great !!!! love his songs, i need to buy the album I don't have 'cos all stuff that I have is top class !!!! wink.gif

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 12:37 AM