Need Advice On Head Phones
Salivtomte
Jul 31 2007, 05:06 PM
GMC:er
Hi, im moving to a new apartment where i guess there will be less tolerance on nightly guitar-practice sessions then there where before. So in order to keep up the daily practicing a pair of decent phones are inquired. My budget runs between 60-85$(hope thats a fair translation of my currency).

So i´ve checked out a couple of brands and models so far and something that has occured to me is that there are "open" and "closed" phones, so wich one of theese are better for playing guitar?

Pls give me any tips if you have any experince on practicing with phones what so ever, and which models and brands are better, thank you

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Smikey2006
Jul 31 2007, 05:09 PM
The phones matter less if you have a good headphone amp. My headphones are Sony Studio Addition headphones but they are very expensive (200+).Between 60-75 i cannot guarantee you will find a great pair of headphones. Boss makes many good pairs but the highquality ones are all over 100$. Closed are probably what you want for guitar. A better sound will come from headphones with a better seal. If you are willing to chip out the money the Sony Studios are the best headphones i have ever used.. EVER smile.gif they even come with an amp output jack biggrin.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Schecter Exotic Star+ Peavey VK
Ibanez Xiphos 707 + Krank Revolution 100
Damien 7

Wishlist
Schecter Customshop
Schecter 2008 Blackjack
Damage Control Timeline Delay Pedal/Distortion
a laptop that runs protools :'(

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Jul 31 2007, 05:35 PM
Moderation Policy Director
closed are also a must for recording acoustically ... Not so important for recording electric guitars.

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile
Live long and prosper ...

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Acoustic Guitars : Taylor 816ce, Martin D-15, Line6 Variax Acoustic 300 Nylon
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post
AIB234
Jul 31 2007, 06:04 PM
Closed headphones = thumbs up

Also for guitar, I'd recommend a wireless pair if you can get some. When I rock out with my headphones on it's a major pain to have another chord there. Especially when I want to stand up or walk around while I play.

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Jul 31 2007, 07:00 PM
Moderation Policy Director
QUOTE (AIB234 @ Jul 31 2007, 01:04 PM) *
Closed headphones = thumbs up

Also for guitar, I'd recommend a wireless pair if you can get some. When I rock out with my headphones on it's a major pain to have another chord there. Especially when I want to stand up or walk around while I play.

But get a good pair - I had a nasty pair and the interference noise drove me crazy so I stopped using them.

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile
Live long and prosper ...

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Acoustic Guitars : Taylor 816ce, Martin D-15, Line6 Variax Acoustic 300 Nylon
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post
aerohit
Jul 31 2007, 07:31 PM
If you plan to buy a wireless one, do make sure that there is no delay in the signal. Nobody wants to hear something played half-a-second ago while practicing.

This post has been edited by aerohit: Jul 31 2007, 07:31 PM

--------------------
If you hear a voice within you say "you cannot paint," then by all means paint, and that voice will be silenced.

-Vincent Van Gogh

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th March 2024 - 06:43 AM