What guitar do you have?
Guitar Master123
Jan 4 2007, 12:14 AM
GMC:er
What guitar do you have?
I don't know what I have. Some sort of Johnson Guitar. I didn't pick it out I got it for a birthday. It was my first Guitar.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Country
Rap
Hip-Hop
Altenative
Punk
Classical
Reggae
Gospel
Heavy Metal
BlueGrass
Rock N' Roll

Mahalo!
Merry X-Mas
And a Happy New Year!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
5 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Start new topic
Replies (1 - 19)
TheNung89
Jan 4 2007, 01:35 AM
Gibson SG Special (SD Jazz/JB combo for pickups, the guitar is being repaired right now because there was crack in the headstock. I really don't like playing any other guitars but this except for my Squier)

Some V (Says Charvel on the headstock, but I think it's a replacement neck. I hate this guitar)

Squier Strat (I am currently using this because of the state of my SG. I still love this guitar because it was my first)

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by TheNung89: Jan 4 2007, 01:36 AM

+Quote Post
Guitar Master123
Jan 4 2007, 01:39 AM
QUOTE (TheNung89 @ Jan 4 2007, 12:35 AM) *
Gibson SG Special (SD Jazz/JB combo for pickups, the guitar is being repaired right now because there was crack in the headstock. I really don't like playing any other guitars but this except for my Squier)

Some V (Says Charvel on the headstock, but I think it's a replacement neck. I hate this guitar)

Squier Strat (I am currently using this because of the state of my SG. I still love this guitar because it was my first)

I'm thinking about getting an SG. How is it working out for you? Does it break easily? cool.gif

--------------------
Country
Rap
Hip-Hop
Altenative
Punk
Classical
Reggae
Gospel
Heavy Metal
BlueGrass
Rock N' Roll

Mahalo!
Merry X-Mas
And a Happy New Year!

+Quote Post
Stevie-Ray-Vaugh...
Jan 4 2007, 02:41 AM
Learning Rock Star
I got a Gibson SG Deluxe (2003)
And a Fender Stratocaster (Japanese, '83)

--------------------

But still I want answers, what's the point, what does all this mean?

+Quote Post
Rob_g
Jan 4 2007, 07:06 PM
Gibson sg standard

Gibson Les Paul Studio in a limited edition blue

Jackson dinky DK2M

and a starter guitar

+Quote Post
Guitar Master123
Jan 5 2007, 05:10 AM
So everybody who has replied has an SG but me. Should I get one? I don't have much money. sad.gif

--------------------
Country
Rap
Hip-Hop
Altenative
Punk
Classical
Reggae
Gospel
Heavy Metal
BlueGrass
Rock N' Roll

Mahalo!
Merry X-Mas
And a Happy New Year!

+Quote Post
LoveJimboLove
Jan 5 2007, 06:24 PM
A Gibson Solid Guitar is undoubtably a great guitar, but people often buy them just for the prestige of having it, even though it probably isn't the best guitar for them...

Sure they are damn pretty, but ther are so many 'better' guitars out there without the stupid mark-up for the Gibson name.

Anywhoo....

I have at the moment -

2004 Jackson RR1 White w/Pinstripe EMG 81/85
2005 Jackson KE2 Crimson Swirl Seymour Duncan Jeff Buckley/ Jazz
2006 Gibson Explorer Mirror Stock Gibson Humbuckers

--------------------
www.myspace.com/idkillyouformyself

Guitars:
Jackson RR1 Snow w/ black pin stripes
-Duncan

Jackson KE2 Emerald Green
-Duncan

Jackson Soloist SL1 Lightning sky
-Duncan

ESP M-II Urban Camo
-EMG

Amps:

Practice
Marshall MS4 and Marshall AVTX 275

Gig
Marshall AVTX 112 412xA and 412xB

Pedals:
Marshall Guv'nor 2 and JH-1

+Quote Post
Shred Cat
Jan 5 2007, 10:33 PM
fender american deluxe strat. i did have an ibanez prestige RG, but i traded it for the strat. I fully regret that now...... sad.gif

+Quote Post
TheNung89
Jan 6 2007, 07:10 AM
QUOTE (Guitar Master123 @ Jan 4 2007, 11:10 PM) *
So everybody who has replied has an SG but me. Should I get one? I don't have much money. sad.gif

Shop around. Make sure you play the exact one you're going to buy because Gibson has had some iffy quality control. If you get a good one you'll be happy for a long time like I was (well, still am). Also, yeah, don't get one for the sake of getting a Gibson because more money goes toward having the name "Gibson" on the headstock than you would believe, but if you play one and you love it then there's no reason not to go for it. Dont get me wrong though, a good Gibson is a fantastic guitar, but their are other great guitars out there for the same price and a lot of times even cheaper.

But you said you were on a budget? Check out the Agiles at RondoMusic (they start at the bottom of page 4 of "electric guitars" I believe). If you get an Agile, I'd recommend staying away from getting anything with agathis wood, and a pickup change is recommended. In fact, if you like the Les Paul body stick to the AL-2500 or AL-3000 series. I know tons of guys who play and praise Agiles, and they're extremely affordable guitars so if you're lacking in the amp department you could put the money you saved on a guitar toward a new amp. Of course, you could always look into an Epiphone. Still great guitars for the money.

Edit: Also, for your information, when I took my SG to get it fixed they commented that cracks in the headstock are quite common with SG's. Although I'm not going to pretend that I babied my guitar, I wasn't mean to it or anything.

This post has been edited by TheNung89: Jan 6 2007, 07:12 AM

+Quote Post
Guitar Master123
Jan 6 2007, 06:47 PM
QUOTE (LoveJimboLove @ Jan 5 2007, 05:24 PM) *
2006 Gibson Explorer Mirror Stock Gibson Humbuckers

You have an explorer!
Do you buy anything not wildly shaped?

I don't know what guitar I should get. Here are some guitars that I might want to get:

Les Paul Standard (lack of wammy bar)
SG
G-400
Parker (Very Pricey
JEM7v (EXTREMELY Pricey)
Firebird-V (Very Picey, Lack of Wammy bar, I don't know any of the features but it looks really cool)

Any Suggestions?
I don't know if SGs and G-400s have wammy bars.

Edit: Parker Parker Fly Mojo ohmy.gif
JEM7v dry.gif
AXL FireAx cool.gif

This post has been edited by Guitar Master123: Jan 9 2007, 06:02 AM

--------------------
Country
Rap
Hip-Hop
Altenative
Punk
Classical
Reggae
Gospel
Heavy Metal
BlueGrass
Rock N' Roll

Mahalo!
Merry X-Mas
And a Happy New Year!

+Quote Post
Braymond
Jan 6 2007, 07:15 PM
Epiphone Goth Les Paul Studio Electric Guitar (couldnt justify a $1500 Gibson Les Paul Studio to the girlfriend so I went with the Epiphone which was only $300 and Im totally happy with it....so far)

Takamine G series acoustic/electric

--------------------
One day I will be as great as Kristofer Dahl.....MUHAHAHAHAHA

+Quote Post
LoveJimboLove
Jan 6 2007, 08:18 PM
QUOTE (Guitar Master123 @ Jan 6 2007, 05:47 PM) *
You have an explorer!

Err...yes i do.

What up with that?

A lot of the models you listed are total high end, as in, unless you are a recording artist/ very rich/ or highly skilled at guitar it would be illogical to purchase them.

--------------------

Guitars:
-Duncan

-Duncan

-Duncan

ESP M-II Urban Camo
-EMG

Amps:

Practice

Gig

Pedals:

+Quote Post
RIP Dime
Jan 6 2007, 10:08 PM
QUOTE (LoveJimboLove @ Jan 5 2007, 06:24 PM) *
2004 Jackson RR1 White w/Pinstripe EMG 81/85
2005 Jackson KE2 Crimson Swirl Seymour Duncan Jeff Buckley/ Jazz

You're the man! blink.gif

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
Stevie-Ray-Vaugh...
Jan 6 2007, 11:23 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Guitar Master123 @ Jan 6 2007, 05:47 PM) *
I don't know if SGs and G-400s have wammy bars.

I'm pretty sure u have to get the whammy bar built into the SG, not sure bout the G-400s

--------------------

But still I want answers, what's the point, what does all this mean?

+Quote Post
LoveJimboLove
Jan 6 2007, 11:28 PM
QUOTE (RIP Dime @ Jan 6 2007, 09:08 PM) *
You're the man! blink.gif

Haha, thanks mate.

Yea, I like my shapes...

...and at the moment I Kinda like them Jackson, although I have owned or heavily played a large number of brands and models.

The Gibson was won at a competition which was nice, could choose from 3 different guitars, with second and third place getting the other 2.

Although the KE2 is my main baby and the RR1 is my back up/ fancy a change guitar.

I'm the same with my amps, never bought anything other than Marshall. Dunno why?? I just feel an affinity with them and like their sound and their look...

Overall they serve me well.

--------------------

Guitars:
-Duncan

-Duncan

-Duncan

ESP M-II Urban Camo
-EMG

Amps:

Practice

Gig

Pedals:

+Quote Post
Guitar Master123
Jan 7 2007, 01:26 AM
QUOTE (Braymond @ Jan 6 2007, 06:15 PM) *
Epiphone Goth Les Paul Studio Electric Guitar (couldnt justify a $1500 Gibson Les Paul Studio to the girlfriend so I went with the Epiphone which was only $300 and Im totally happy with it....so far)

If the price is lower for epiphone than for gibson and its the same guitar why is the price different? Is it the quality?

--------------------
Country
Rap
Hip-Hop
Altenative
Punk
Classical
Reggae
Gospel
Heavy Metal
BlueGrass
Rock N' Roll

Mahalo!
Merry X-Mas
And a Happy New Year!

+Quote Post
LoveJimboLove
Jan 7 2007, 02:11 AM
QUOTE (Guitar Master123 @ Jan 7 2007, 12:26 AM) *
If the price is lower for epiphone than for gibson and its the same guitar why is the price different? Is it the quality?

...yes. The US made Gibson are usually handmade my the Gibson 'masters' and you can find out exactly who made yours by the serial number. Epiphone are made in Indonesia I think, usually cheaper woods and bolt on necks. Cheaper hardware and pick-ups, cheaper finish etc.

However Epiphone are still great guitars and nearly always offer great value in comparison to similarly priced guitars. Also there are some models that Gibson do not make anymore and are released under the Epiphone name for example the EB-3 SG Bass, which has recently been picked back up by Gibson.

Gibson have been known to have some iffy quality control and dont always offer good value for money, but you usually find you have purchased some extremely high quality workmanship, which of course comes at a premium...

--------------------

Guitars:
-Duncan

-Duncan

-Duncan

ESP M-II Urban Camo
-EMG

Amps:

Practice

Gig

Pedals:

+Quote Post
Guitar Master123
Jan 8 2007, 09:26 AM
I'm really good at telling the future. Therefor I can tell what guitar...oh ...RIP Dime has. I think he is the kind of guy who would have some sort of Dean Guitar. Am I right? cool.gif

--------------------
Country
Rap
Hip-Hop
Altenative
Punk
Classical
Reggae
Gospel
Heavy Metal
BlueGrass
Rock N' Roll

Mahalo!
Merry X-Mas
And a Happy New Year!

+Quote Post
Ikaros
Jan 8 2007, 07:08 PM
I play a Fender Standard Stratocaster electric guitar, with a 21 fret rosewood fingerboard and 3 single coil pickups. My guitar looks like this in a Midnight Blue (indigo) Satin finish:

--------------------
Webpage:
- http://www.myspace.com/yngwie100
Equipment:
- Fender Standard Stratocaster
- Dunlop Tortex 1.14mm picks
- Roland Cube-20X modeling amp
- Boss FS-6 Dual Footswitch
- DOD YJM308 Overdrive (optional)
- Boss DS-1 Distortion (optional)
- Marshall MG15CD amp (spare)

+Quote Post
VIRUS
Jan 8 2007, 09:41 PM
Ibanez RG42DX+EMG 81/85
Jackson Soloist? Dinky? (I bought it from a bassist who diden't know which model it was)

+Quote Post

5 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 03:04 PM