8 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > »   
Misterm's Bootcamp, Prepare to walk knee deep in blood of your enemy!!!
Todd Simpson
Nov 27 2019, 06:14 AM
GMC:er
Well Fought Soldier!! This is honestly one of the hardest things so far in Bootcamp. Some folks get stumped right here. Not you!!! You fought through it and played it all the way up and down. Nice!
Let's Debrief!!
MEDALS OF HONOR

*Left hand POWER! First thing I want to see if hand power. It will not work without it. You are doing well with your left hand here! Keep at this and it will get better each time!
*Pacing Second thing I need to see is smooth pace. This is a very tough one to keep evenly paced, you did very well on keeping it nice and smooth!! Not rushing or dragging.
*Mute Lastly, Solid Muting on this one. If you let your mute slip, it's a noise fest but not here! Quiet as Death.

As for your REC TAKE, NICE!! I'd say that one is ready to go! Clean, smooth, precise. Awesome! In short, you just ... LEVELED UP!
Attached Image
Sarge
QUOTE (MisterM @ Nov 26 2019, 06:30 AM) *
Hi Sarge

I tried new
it's not perfect but I don't like this exercise tongue.gif

New take 140 BPM Modal madness - 2 string patterns

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Nov 27 2019, 06:15 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Manu RASSE
Mar 30 2020, 06:29 PM
Veteran Tone Master
Hi Todd

I decided to work on this lesson every day.
I think I’ve made some progress with my right hand.
I feel less rigid, what do you think about it ?

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by MisterM: Mar 30 2020, 06:29 PM

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Mar 31 2020, 05:12 AM
DUDE! That's amazing honestly. This is a very hard piece and there is no room to miss any notes. It's got wads of technique to get right and wads of notes to memorize. Your playing is looking far less stiff, more natural and more relaxed. This is a great thing to see. Super congrats on your progress!!
Todd

QUOTE (MisterM @ Mar 30 2020, 01:29 PM) *
Hi Todd

I decided to work on this lesson every day.
I think I’ve made some progress with my right hand.
I feel less rigid, what do you think about it ?

+Quote Post
Manu RASSE
Mar 31 2020, 10:44 AM
Veteran Tone Master
Thank you Todd smile.gif

+Quote Post
Manu RASSE
Jun 25 2020, 03:09 PM
Veteran Tone Master
Hi Todd

As I told you in an MP, I temporarily stop the BOOTCAMP because the work of the house takes a long time.

I focus on 1 or 2 lessons. Right now I’m trying to gain some speed with : "STRING SKIPPING ETUDE by Piotr KACZOR"
I reached 140 BPM but there are section that give me difficulties.
I’ll work slower to improve them.

This post has been edited by MisterM: Jun 25 2020, 03:10 PM

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jun 25 2020, 07:44 PM
WOW!! Dude!! This is crazy good. Very impressive. Look at how smooth and effortless your playing is!!!!! I gotta say it's great to see you playing so well.

Todd

QUOTE (MisterM @ Jun 25 2020, 10:09 AM) *
Hi Todd

As I told you in an MP, I temporarily stop the BOOTCAMP because the work of the house takes a long time.

I focus on 1 or 2 lessons. Right now I’m trying to gain some speed with : "STRING SKIPPING ETUDE by Piotr KACZOR"
I reached 140 BPM but there are section that give me difficulties.
I’ll work slower to improve them.

+Quote Post
Manu RASSE
Jun 26 2020, 08:26 AM
Veteran Tone Master
Thank you Todd

Objectif 180BPM as original..... "Hope is what make us live" biggrin.gif

I strated to work mission 23.... I should make a REC in a few days

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jun 26 2020, 09:11 AM
Looking forward to it!!! smile.gif Remember, no points in bootcamp for speed. I know that sounds odd as it's SHRED BOOTCAMP! But precision always comes first. Speed is just a byproduct.

Todd

QUOTE (MisterM @ Jun 26 2020, 03:26 AM) *
Thank you Todd

Objectif 180BPM as original..... "Hope is what make us live" biggrin.gif

I strated to work mission 23.... I should make a REC in a few days

+Quote Post
Manu RASSE
Jul 19 2020, 08:49 AM
Veteran Tone Master
Hi Todd

Here Mission 23 smile.gif
I wait your opinion

This post has been edited by MisterM: Jul 19 2020, 03:00 PM

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jul 20 2020, 04:32 AM
That bit you added at the end was really clever. Creative stuff! it makes the lick feel more complete as well. NICE! This one is all about leading up with the PINKY. Part of running scales/licks up the neck is being able to lead with the weakest finger, the pinky. You really impressed me with your ability to run it like a pro and not miss a beat. Let's Debrief!

MEDALS OF HONOR

PINKY TRAVEL leading up the fretboard with the weakest finger (the pinky) is something that takes real work. It takes repetition and practice. You gotta earn it. There are no shortcuts. You clearly have embraced this and worked your fingers quite a bit to get this level of control. Impressive.

PACING This lick, like many of these, is built so that any rushing or lagging would be very easy to hear. This helps the player develop a sense of consistent timing. Your timing is spot on I must say. Nice!

MUTING I know I'm always banging on about palm muting. It's only because it's crucially important. It's not easy to pick and mute at the same time. it's why you see so many players using fret wraps at the first fret.

You did really well on this one Soldier. You just..

LEVELED UP!!!!!

Great to see you back in the fight!!

Attached Image
Attached Image

Sarge

QUOTE (MisterM @ Jul 19 2020, 03:49 AM) *
Hi Todd

Here Mission 23 smile.gif
I wait your opinion

+Quote Post
Manu RASSE
Jul 20 2020, 11:44 AM
Veteran Tone Master
Thank you Todd
I should look Mission 24 soon

This post has been edited by MisterM: Jul 20 2020, 11:44 AM

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jul 21 2020, 02:44 AM
I'm sure you will KRUSH it!!!

Onward Soldier!!

Sarge

QUOTE (MisterM @ Jul 20 2020, 06:44 AM) *
Thank you Todd
I should look Mission 24 soon

+Quote Post
Manu RASSE
Aug 20 2020, 10:22 AM
Veteran Tone Master
Hi Tood

Here Mission 24

This post has been edited by MisterM: Aug 20 2020, 10:23 AM

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Aug 20 2020, 08:34 PM
Impressive work Soldier! This is not an easy bit to play. It requires not stop string traverse and there are no gaps, per usual, so there is no recovery time. Also, you have to run it all the way down after running it all the way up. It's an endurance test more than anything. i am shocked that you can play this as precise and fast as this. I didn't realize you have made this kind of progress in your playing. It's a great thing to see. If you can sort this out at this speed, I think you may be able to burn all the way through these. Your playing is smooth, brisk and always under control. Your synch is tight and your speed is consistent. It's everything I hope to see on this drill. Let's Debrief!!

MEDALS OF HONOR

PICK AND HAMMER ON: The "Pick and Hammer On" is a crucial technique for speed. It lets you play a top speed without having to pick every single note. You are doing it perfectly. This can be applied to any scale!! You can play three notes per string scales and strike only the first note ascending and descending. Try this during your next solo. It's a great way to add bursts of speed without having to pick every note.

MUTE OF DEATH: Very solid palm muting on this one. Your mute keeps getting better each time so keep it up! On a lick like this, muting is extra important as it can trick the ear of the listener in to hearing pick strikes even when they are not there.
A timid mute won't achieve this. But a strong firm mute can trick the ear. It also requires good fretting hand power as well as you are hammering on two notes without picking them. So if your fretting hand is weak, this just wont work. The good news is your fretting hand is very strong!

TIMING: Very tight and very evenly played. This is a long lick so it's got plenty of rope for you to hang yourself if you get off pace. You don't miss a single note. This type of lick where you go back and forth in a scale makes it sound like you are playing far more notes than you actually are. It works for any scale. Try this in a solo as well. Run a scale in this way and you can trick the listeners ear in to thinking there is a lot more going on.

In short this is just amazing work Soldier. You are playing with precision and doing it at top speed. your practice is paying off. This is just perfect I look forward to see how you do on Mission 25! You are heading in to the deep end of the swimming pool but you are ready Soldier!

Attached Image
Attached Image

Onward Soldier!!
Sarge

[
quote name='MisterM' date='Aug 20 2020, 05:22 AM' post='779667']
Hi Tood

Here Mission 24

[/quote]

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Aug 20 2020, 08:37 PM

+Quote Post
Manu RASSE
Aug 21 2020, 04:53 AM
Veteran Tone Master
Thank you Sarge

I am happy with this exercise
It wasn’t easy the first few days to play fast.
I tried to relax and not focus on the notes.

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Aug 21 2020, 09:28 PM
Relaxing really is the key! It seems counter intuitive to be sure. The body wants to tense up when playing fast. The bad news about that is that tensing up actually reduces ones ability to play fast. Also, staying tense for long periods can actually end up causing pain and even injury!

So it's crucial to train the hands and the body to stay somewhat loose. Keeping from tensing up will allow you to break through barriers and become the player you were meant to be. This drill is a great example of overcoming the urge to "tense up". Your playing is fluid and smooth and quite brisk! Super congratulations Soldier! keep this in mind when you attack the next Mission. It will serve you well!

Sarge

QUOTE (MisterM @ Aug 20 2020, 11:53 PM) *
Thank you Sarge

I am happy with this exercise
It wasn’t easy the first few days to play fast.
I tried to relax and not focus on the notes.

+Quote Post
Manu RASSE
Sep 20 2020, 07:44 AM
Veteran Tone Master
Hi Todd

Soon I should work mission 25

What do you think about may work about STRING SKIPPING ETUDE

This post has been edited by MisterM: Sep 20 2020, 07:44 AM

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Sep 21 2020, 04:36 AM
WOW!! This is impressive work Soldier. Is this a rec you are going to put up? Shoot me the link when you do. It's darn good. String skipping is not easy. You've got very good and clean pick and finger articulation going here and no string noise. NICE!!!

QUOTE (MisterM @ Sep 20 2020, 02:44 AM) *
Hi Todd

Soon I should work mission 25

What do you think about may work about STRING SKIPPING ETUDE

+Quote Post
Manu RASSE
Sep 27 2020, 09:46 AM
Veteran Tone Master
Hi Sarge

Thank you smile.gif ,
I've a lot aof work before submit to REC section.
legato part is hard, I need to relax my playing again.
Work 170 bpm is on a right way.
I take my time and I try to apply your picking advices

This post has been edited by MisterM: Sep 27 2020, 09:47 AM

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Sep 30 2020, 01:30 AM
It looks pretty darn good to me. I came back and watched again and it's very impressive. I appreciate that you want it to be as good as possible. This is a noble impulse and I support your efforts. Play on!!!

QUOTE (MisterM @ Sep 27 2020, 04:46 AM) *
Hi Sarge

Thank you smile.gif ,
I've a lot aof work before submit to REC section.
legato part is hard, I need to relax my playing again.
Work 170 bpm is on a right way.
I take my time and I try to apply your picking advices

+Quote Post

8 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 10:48 PM