Tone Help?
Ryan
Mar 5 2008, 07:32 PM
GMC:er
Alright im gonna show you what I got for my little setup, and am asking for some help with my tone. I can never get the settings right or anything to make it sound half way decent.

Here's my Amp:
http://www.themiddlec.com/catalog/rmsg80guitaramp.html

Here's my Distortion Pedal:
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Iba...edal?sku=150287

Here's my Guitar:
http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=htt...l%3Den%26sa%3DN

If there is anything you guys can do to help it would be greatly appreciated!
Also, Im looking for more of a deeper, metal sound, but anything you guys thing you can pull off with this, I would love to know!!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
“Obey the principles without being bound by them.”
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Marcus Siepen
Mar 5 2008, 10:43 PM
Instructor (Blind Guardian)
A guitar with a mahogany body is a good start, if you want to improve the sound of the guitar you could change the pickups for "real" EMG pickups, for great metal sounds I would recommend the EMG 81 pickups. I don't know your amp and the distortion pedal, so I can't say much about them, but a great distortion pedal is the Ibanez Tube screamer and about amps... well, the best thing would be to go to a music store and check out as many amps as possible, like this you can get an idea about different sound options and you might find what you are looking for.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Guitars: various Gibson Les Pauls / Gibson J 45
Amps: Mesa Boogie Tripple Rectifier / Triaxis / 2:90 Poweramp / Rectocabs
Effects: Rocktron Intellifex / Rocktron Xpression
Homepage: www.marcussiepen.com www.blind-guardian.com
Check out my video lessons!

+Quote Post
MickeM
Mar 5 2008, 11:03 PM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
Deeper metal... How about if you

* set the amp to clean it's channel

* keep the dist in the input, not the fx-loop

* Set the bass, mid, treble at noon. Then turn the mids to zero (leave the others for fine tuning later on)

* Set your dist pedals knobs at noon. Then turn the tone just a tad counter clock wise

Should work for rhythm. If you play lead, you got to have mids.

You could experiment with the mids, either scoop them on the amp or on the pedal.
Meaning - set the amps eq all to noon and the Ibanez tone know to zero.

Everything at noon is usualy a good start when experimenting with sound. Then of course it could be that the pedal, the amp or the guitar don't quite cut it.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 09:30 PM