For Those About To Rock., Cover.
Gilmore
Jan 9 2009, 05:01 PM
GMC:er
Hi

I just did a cover of my favourite ACDC song, For those about to rock. It took me alot of time, ACDC is not as easy as it may sound. Most work was of course in the drums, I did it with EZ drummer as usual.

Vocals is badly needed, if anyone wants to record vocal over this it would be great. smile.gif

[attachment=12370:For_Thos..._To_Rock.mp3]

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Electric Guitars: Gibson SG 61´ Reissue, Gibson Les Paul Classic, Fender Standard American Stratocaster (2008 OW RW) , Fender Standard American Stratocaster (2003 2TSB MPL), Ibanez Prestige RG2570E, Warmoth Telecaster (BlueBurst), Warmoth Custom (CherryBurst).
Accoustic Guitars: Ovation Custom Legend, Ovation Legend (12 string), Martin 000-15M.
Classical Guitars: Jose Ramirez 125 Ano (Cedar), Manuel Rodriguez Model D (Spruce).
Bass: Ibanez SRX500.
Keyboard: M-Audio Keystation 88es.
Recording interface: Focusrite Saffire Pro 24 DPS.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Jesse
Jan 9 2009, 05:10 PM
Im the biggest ac/dc fan you'll find. Great intro... sounds amazing... great tone too:DOnly thing, in the verse.. we rock and roll tonight to the guitar fire etc. Maybe you could attack the strings more and harder. Other than that, I'm jealous of this. Haha, Sounds amazing!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Don't just play it. Feel it!

+Quote Post
jer
Jan 9 2009, 05:16 PM
Wow, you have NAILED THAT TONE!!!!

Is that the JCM2000?

I agree on the "attacking" comment.

This is all done very well, but I too think that if you put just a bit more "stank" on it it would sound even better.

I think 99% of the time Malcolm and Angus are playing with more attitude than most humans are born with. So its tough to truly capture that feel.

I've noticed that some of my covers I'll record come out a bit on the tame side. And I discovered its because when I recorded it I was sitting down, or I was in a situation where I couldnt play as loud as I wanted...

edited for language/skennington

This post has been edited by skennington: Jan 9 2009, 06:15 PM

--------------------
My Gear

Jackson SL-1 USA Soloist
Jackson DK2M
ESP LTD MH-400
ESP LTD EC-1000
Ibanez Custom S-Series
Martin 001 Acoustic

Handmade Marshall JCM800 50watt head (with mods)
Carvin 50x2 Stereo Tube Amp
Boss GT-10 Preamp/Effects Processor
Digitech GSP-1101 Preamp/Effects Processor
Behringer FCB1010 Midi Controlled Floorboard
Behringer Dualfex EX2200
Behinger Stereo EQ
Line 6 POD with 2.3 upgrade
Line 6 Floor Board
Line 6 Spider III Practice Amp
Nady UHF Wireless

"Who will eat the decay, when the worms have lost their sight?"

+Quote Post
David Wallimann
Jan 9 2009, 05:16 PM
Instructor
Man, that sounds goooood!!!
Very clean mix and great playing!
I wish I could sing this! Congrats! :-)

--------------------
www.youtube.com/Wallimann
www.davidwallimann.com

+Quote Post
skennington
Jan 9 2009, 06:17 PM
Learning Roadie - Never Give Up - Moderator
Man, It sounds really good! Great job indeed! smile.gif Fire!!!... laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Gilmore
Jan 9 2009, 10:52 PM
Thanks guys. smile.gif

Mabye this track would have sounded like this for ACDC if Mutt Lange had not worked on it. Early ACDC albums were poorly produced, and sometimes they didn´t even bother to tune the instruments. Most of the songs were written in the studio, then recorded quickly and be done with it. Highway To Hell was the first album that was proparly produced by the master Mutt Lange. First then they got really famous.

jer: I´m not using my Marshalls, just Guitar Rig 3. You can get a good classic tone with the Citrus amp. But with my SG and JCM2000 I can get a perfect ACDC tone. smile.gif

One thing about GR3 is the standalone and VST plugin sound slightly different. The standalone much more clear, but the same preset sounds a little muddy in the VST version, a little frustrating, I got the perfect ACDC tone with the standalone, but I record with VST so my tone wasn´t as good as it should be. :/

About the picking attack in the verse is probably true. I didn´t practice the song much before recording, I was learning it and recording at the same time. I learned the bass line and then recorded it and then the guitars and so on, i just learned the solos this morning, and I think I spent about 2 hours on those solos, recording and learning, they are not 100% accurate, but pretty close. smile.gif Mabye I just record the rythm guitars again, thanks for the tips guys. smile.gif

One other thing, I think it´s a must to get a cool Cannon sound effect, to add in the mix, I try to see what I can do about that. ACDC recorded a real cannon for the track. I could record a sound from a shotgun, It will have to do. hahaha.

--------------------
Electric Guitars: Gibson SG 61´ Reissue, Gibson Les Paul Classic, Fender Standard American Stratocaster (2008 OW RW) , Fender Standard American Stratocaster (2003 2TSB MPL), Ibanez Prestige RG2570E, Warmoth Telecaster (BlueBurst), Warmoth Custom (CherryBurst).
Accoustic Guitars: Ovation Custom Legend, Ovation Legend (12 string), Martin 000-15M.
Classical Guitars: Jose Ramirez 125 Ano (Cedar), Manuel Rodriguez Model D (Spruce).

+Quote Post
audiopaal
Jan 9 2009, 11:43 PM
Competitions Coordinator - Up the Irons
Wow, this sounded reaaally good biggrin.gif
If no one else puts vocals on this the next week, I will smile.gif
I don't have time next week but after that I'm good to go smile.gif

Good job man!!

+Quote Post
UncleSkillet
Jan 10 2009, 12:28 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
Great job with this! smile.gif Mixing and tone are spot on Gilmore. wink.gif

Very, very cool cool.gif

--------------------
"Think of a guitar solo as a paragraph. You need a clear beginning, a middle, and an end. Look at musical phrases like sentences, and make sure you break them up using punctuation—or space. You pause naturally when conversing, right? If you don't, you'll bore the listener. The same thing will happen with your audience if your solo is one dimensional. You'll wear them out and lose their attention." —Tom Principato

+Quote Post
Outlaw2112
Jan 10 2009, 03:07 AM
awesome job dude... I know it takes alot more time than you'd think.... sounds very very nice... and you nailed the solo

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gilmore
Jan 10 2009, 04:10 PM
Thank you all...very kind. smile.gif

audiopal: I´m looking forward to hear your vocals, do you have some Johnson in you. wink.gif Can you send me a vocal only file like we do in the collabs, so I can put it in the mix?

--------------------

+Quote Post
audiopaal
Jan 10 2009, 04:41 PM
Competitions Coordinator - Up the Irons
QUOTE (Gilmore @ Jan 10 2009, 04:10 PM) *
Thank you all...very kind. smile.gif

audiopal: I´m looking forward to hear your vocals, do you have some Johnson in you. wink.gif Can you send me a vocal only file like we do in the collabs, so I can put it in the mix?

Well, I'll let you decide that, but I think I'll be able to do it some justice smile.gif
Yeah sure, I'll send you a vocal only file as well smile.gif

+Quote Post
Patrik Jezierski
Jan 10 2009, 04:57 PM
really great cover!
the solo is spot on! great job smile.gif

+Quote Post
Vasilije Vukmiro...
Jan 18 2009, 11:45 PM
Jazz Instructor
Great playing, keep on recording.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 10:41 AM