2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Too Much Delay On Reaper
gl0ry
Aug 6 2014, 04:51 PM
Learning Rock Star
What audio interface are you using? From my experience it makes a big difference.

I'm using a Line 6 Toneport UX2 and have little to no delay. It shows as 11ms and everything is pretty much in real time with high quality. For example when I try to use the Rocksmith guitar to usb cable, the latency goes up to 50.

Setting the buffer size in the hardware control is also something that directly affects the latency. Depending on your computer configuration, you may be able to drop that. If it's too low for your computer to handle you get a bunch of pop or crack sounds though.

Either way a good audio interface is what makes the difference for me.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Mertay
Aug 6 2014, 06:25 PM
GMC:er
QUOTE (OsbourneOzzyFan @ Aug 6 2014, 03:23 PM) *
I have set the block size to "2", and I hear no crackles nor anything, and the latency is so little that it doesn't have to be improved.
But I have another problem. No matter what my block size is, I always hear a little noise. It's mostly when I'm using a lot of gain, but it's always there even when I use a clean amp.

Try moving around or sitting in different angles, screen facing the guitar can cause this or anything else in the room (including computer fan...). Oh and a little noise is normal as you aren't using a hiz input or preamps, I understand cleans can be a problem but try not caring about it atleast till you decide to invest in a dedicated soundcard for recording.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 11:29 AM