What Should I Play?
Jaymz
Mar 5 2009, 04:27 AM
GMC:er
Well I've been playing for about a year and a half now and I really have no idea of what I could play to keep me motivated. I've never really liked hard rock that much so I would get kind of bored with it. I would say that my technique is pretty good and I do have good knowledge of theory. But whenever I learn a lesson like Pavel's alternate picking halfway through and can play it at 60 bpm cleanly I just get bored of it. What are some slower but not necessarily simplistic metal riffs a guitarist like me should try to learn?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Outlaw2112
Mar 5 2009, 04:30 AM
theres 17 pages of riffs and growing in this thread... If youre looking for some riff ideas to learn
look in here https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...t=0&start=0

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
besip
Mar 5 2009, 05:15 AM
i'm know how you feell man i'm also play more like year now..and i'm also get bored somethime when i'm trying to get down some lesson on 100%
i'm know you keep playing same lesson over and over again and thats made you crazy

Actualy you can learn what ever you want..every guy here is diferent!!! i'm find cool when i'm practising 2 lesson and get bored from that 2 lesson just switch this bored lesson for another 2 lessons form here..You will find something what you really like and thats can be anything..i'm start seriously learn few month ago Pavel heavy metal 3 lesson and then David Minor Pentatonic lesson....but i'm never can made some licks on david lesson right so i'm switch the lesson to something for me more easy-slowly-good sounding and now i'm have fun cool.gif again{Trond slow soling}
actualy not now becouse i'm injured almost 2 month now with my right hand...but there can be another recomendations..if you are bored from playing guitar..put your guitar away for few days and you will se how hungry you will be dry.gif to play again the bored lesson

GL man

This post has been edited by besip: Mar 5 2009, 05:17 AM

--------------------
[
MY Gear
Jackson Sl2h
Digitech DF-7
PodXt

+Quote Post
SensE
Mar 5 2009, 05:42 AM
QUOTE (besip @ Mar 4 2009, 10:15 PM) *
i'm injured almost 2 month now with my right hand...

GL man

Hey, man. I hope your are fine and soon pick up your axe again.

Regarding to motivation. I have a good suggestion. Just browse youtube for the style of music you like or the band you like (has to be guitar oriented, otherwise is pointless) , funk, blues, jazz, fusion or whatever and watching how's those guitar hero playing LIVE, studio, interview, lesson, etc. I think this will generate a feeling that you want to play like him and learn that particular technique and style.

I gain motivation in this way. I hope this help

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Mar 5 2009, 07:13 PM
Instructor
Have you tried using the advanced search option for video lessons? You can insert some parameters like level of the lesson, type of music etc. This can give you some ideas where to start.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Mar 5 2009, 10:50 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
I would suggest watching some DVD concerts or maybe going to local gigs to get the motivation boost...You should play music you like listening to..Something in that style..GMC offers coverage on all styles so it shouldn't be a big problem finding suitable lesson.Maybe you want to develop particular technique, input it in the "video lessons search tab" and see what comes up...Generally you want to play style of music you enjoy listening to (and which keeps you interested)..If its rock if its country doesn't matter...Once you find your favorite style , search for lessons in it.

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
ZakkWylde
Mar 5 2009, 10:53 PM
Learning Tone Master
Learn some actual songs and rock out to them!

--------------------

Gear:
- Jackson USA Select KV2 King V with EMG 81/85
- Gibson Les Paul Custom Arctic White with EMG 81/85
- Ibanez Rg 8527 J Custom 7-String with DiMarzio Evolution and Air Norton

- Peavey 6505+ head with Marshall 1960AV 4x12 cab
- Peavey Vypyr 30 Practice Amp
- Dunlop Crybaby From Hell, Maxon OD808, Boss TU-2, MXR CarbonCopy, ISP Decimator, MXR Custom Audio Electronics Booster

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 02:49 AM