> IS THAT YOUR MAMA?

Nope didn't think so either. We all know parents don't get this.

I can show you how to be the virtuoso your folks could only dream about, but I first need your help:

* Pm me and I will show you where to start. I am online every day and I will help you out directly!

* Join my mentoring program. I will customize your learning experience in a way you haven't experienced before. We will have regular contact so that you can remain inspired every day and eventually reach a new level.

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Oh and did you know that to become a killer guitarist you just need to focus on one thing? Everything
else is secondary. Pm me and I will explain.

18 Pages V  « < 11 12 13 14 15 > »   
Bleez's Mentoring Thread
Cosmin Lupu
Jan 13 2014, 01:51 PM
Instructor
Hey mate smile.gif Sounds like you are pretty busy! I would love to see some recordings of the more technical stuff you are working on, deal?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
bleez
Jan 13 2014, 01:53 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Jan 13 2014, 12:51 PM) *
Hey mate smile.gif Sounds like you are pretty busy! I would love to see some recordings of the more technical stuff you are working on, deal?

No problem dude, I'll record some stuff tonight. I still have my Les Paul tonight at least... didnt have time to take it in to the shop rolleyes.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

You say 'minor pentatonic ' like it's a bad thing

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jan 14 2014, 08:16 AM
Instructor
Cool biggrin.gif

Let's see some bleez style guitar playing!

+Quote Post
bleez
Jan 15 2014, 09:26 AM
Experienced Tone Seeker
hey boss, I took a quick recording of the main practice stuff at the moment. I usually spend 30-40 minutes on these patterns and I just start off slow and gradually increase the speed until I get really sloppy. Ive recorded them at a reasonable fast speed ( for me ) I could probably go a little faster.
I got these patterns off youtube vids, Im sure they are quite common. Here's the alt picking ones and the legato ones. I get a bit messy with the legato but.... y'know, fatigue was beginning to set in!

I am still trying to be more economical with my fingers, I know Im still lifting them too far from the strings.

Here's a quick run through of the two picking lessons Im currently trying. The first is at full speed and the second ( the iron maiden style one ) is about 10 bpm off full speed.
I still go over the hand sync lesson you suggested but its quite a bit off being recorded at the moment.

as well as the above, I also follow todds shred lessons which is more alt picking with the metronome. I tend to do todds stuff one day and the youtube pattens the next day.

Its a slloooww process rolleyes.gif I constantly think I should be making faster progress but I suppose everyone feels that!

if you have any thoughts or suggestions ect they would be most welcome smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jan 16 2014, 10:32 AM
Instructor
Hey mate! This is very good!

Indeed, the process is slow but I am noticing very important improvements:

- your intention in playing is very strong and that makes you sound resolute and defined - this is crucial, as it's better to play slower and transmitting a message rather than playing fast and not transmitting anything.

- you sound tight when you play and as I said in the collab takes, you have a great tone and touch.

Now, the speed will come in time once you become conscious of two things:

- you have to move less smile.gif especially with the left hand - the less distance between the fingertips and fretboard, the more efficient you will become!

- I noticed some tension in the right hand - relax and get the speed down if you feel tension, try to obtain the right balance between tension and relaxation. Ben and Todd have been talking about this - I bet Todd already told this in his video chat sessions smile.gif

Now, our big fault - and I mean ALL of us - is the lack of patience that rules us sometimes smile.gif Overcome it and you will prevail.

Post here more often - I like to see your progress!

+Quote Post
bleez
Jan 17 2014, 10:32 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
thanks dude smile.gif
youre right, I do tense up my hand a bit when doing these patterns, I'll be more conscious of it and ease it back.
I'll post up some stuff more often, I dont think Im too far away from getting that first alt picking lesson to a rec take level but I'll run it past you first.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jan 19 2014, 08:57 AM
Instructor
Good choice wink.gif Please focus on the things I mentioned and remember to post here more often and send me your takes so that I can help you to be more prepared for the REC biggrin.gif Yes indeed, that one is close, close, close! Shall we focus on preparing that one?

+Quote Post
bleez
Jan 19 2014, 02:51 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Jan 19 2014, 07:57 AM) *
Shall we focus on preparing that one?

indeed smile.gif that would be cool.
Ive been working on that one for quite a long time. It really took me an age to get it to the stage I could justifiably practice it at full tempo.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jan 19 2014, 04:08 PM
Instructor
Mate, the more tracks you finish with great results, the better you will really become - the good habits are being passed down from situation to situation and can be applied in many cases. Just have patience - what do you have to lose?

+Quote Post
bleez
Feb 3 2014, 11:17 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
hi mate, still working on that alt picking lesson, I'll probably be able to get another recording this week for you to check over, Im starting to get through it without any obvious mistakes so hopefully Its a bit closer to the mark.
In the meantime I was hoping you would cast your ears over this soundcloud file. Basically I was just mucking around with a bass and came up with a riff similar to a really cool song by 'Unida', anyways I thought I'd just add to it and try to come up with something in their style, just for the hell of it cool.gif

Its just a short riff, maybe an intro type of thing, but it posed a few questions for me.

I assumed the bass line is a D or D minor progression, so with the guitar which comes in at 0.36 I just played notes from a D chord, I wanted to be a bit more interesting but I dont know which chords or notes I can play over the progression. It turns out I dont really know any interesting chords at all!

How would you go about writing this type of piece, would you look at all the possible chords which go with the progression and then pick out notes or do you know straight away which notes you can play over any given progression?

should I be looking at triads or just basic chord theory huh.gif

https://soundcloud.com/bleez666/unida-ish

ps, this is the Unida track which I was using as inspiration, if you fancy a listen - Last Day

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Feb 4 2014, 09:30 AM
Instructor
Don't over think it mate biggrin.gif I think you did a very good job here - it sounds like Tool or APC to me, which is pretty darn good biggrin.gif

When I write something, I NEVER think in terms of theory - the process goes like this:

- play what you hear in your head
- record
- develop by using other already existing parts which you can adapt to the context or, by playing something else that you hear in your head
- polish, by using theory - what goes well with what you have? What can you use, change, add to spice things up?

That's pretty much what I do smile.gif What do you hear in your head next, for this one?

QUOTE (bleez @ Feb 3 2014, 10:17 PM) *
hi mate, still working on that alt picking lesson, I'll probably be able to get another recording this week for you to check over, Im starting to get through it without any obvious mistakes so hopefully Its a bit closer to the mark.
In the meantime I was hoping you would cast your ears over this soundcloud file. Basically I was just mucking around with a bass and came up with a riff similar to a really cool song by 'Unida', anyways I thought I'd just add to it and try to come up with something in their style, just for the hell of it cool.gif

Its just a short riff, maybe an intro type of thing, but it posed a few questions for me.

I assumed the bass line is a D or D minor progression, so with the guitar which comes in at 0.36 I just played notes from a D chord, I wanted to be a bit more interesting but I dont know which chords or notes I can play over the progression. It turns out I dont really know any interesting chords at all!

How would you go about writing this type of piece, would you look at all the possible chords which go with the progression and then pick out notes or do you know straight away which notes you can play over any given progression?

should I be looking at triads or just basic chord theory huh.gif

https://soundcloud.com/bleez666/unida-ish

ps, this is the Unida track which I was using as inspiration, if you fancy a listen - Last Day

+Quote Post
bleez
Feb 4 2014, 10:23 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Feb 4 2014, 08:30 AM) *
When I write something, I NEVER think in terms of theory - the process goes like this:

- play what you hear in your head
- record
- develop by using other already existing parts which you can adapt to the context or, by playing something else that you hear in your head
- polish, by using theory - what goes well with what you have? What can you use, change, add to spice things up?

Nice smile.gif I took that approach tonight and stopped thinking about my lack of theory, just played it through and tried to go with the flow cool.gif

I altered the notey bit and added a simple melody part, what do reckon to it?

https://soundcloud.com/bleez666/unida-ish-2

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Feb 5 2014, 09:44 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (bleez @ Feb 4 2014, 09:23 PM) *
Nice smile.gif I took that approach tonight and stopped thinking about my lack of theory, just played it through and tried to go with the flow cool.gif

I altered the notey bit and added a simple melody part, what do reckon to it?

https://soundcloud.com/bleez666/unida-ish-2

The wah theme needs a delay effect over it to add spaciness biggrin.gif and if you place an inspired vocal line - you got an awesome premise for a good tune! biggrin.gif What say you?

+Quote Post
bleez
Feb 5 2014, 02:03 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Feb 5 2014, 08:44 AM) *
The wah theme needs a delay effect over it to add spaciness biggrin.gif and if you place an inspired vocal line - you got an awesome premise for a good tune! biggrin.gif What say you?

good call smile.gif I picked a couple of the notes a bit too hard and 'twangy' so I'll re-do that part and add some delay. cheers.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Feb 6 2014, 08:25 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (bleez @ Feb 5 2014, 01:03 PM) *
good call smile.gif I picked a couple of the notes a bit too hard and 'twangy' so I'll re-do that part and add some delay. cheers.

Ah, well, I didn't want to go THAT far as in re-recording - just the delay would've done the trick for me wink.gif

Can you sing, mate?

+Quote Post
bleez
Feb 6 2014, 09:24 AM
Experienced Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Feb 6 2014, 07:25 AM) *
Can you sing, mate?

hmmm its debatable! I try sing a bit, Theres a couple of acoustic biffy clyro songs which I practice, sometimes it sounds ok-ish mellow.gif but I wouldnt go as far as saying I could sing!

I played around with the track last night, put in that delay and added a little bit, got a new riff / melody at the end.
https://soundcloud.com/bleez666/u4

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Feb 6 2014, 10:18 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (bleez @ Feb 6 2014, 08:24 AM) *
hmmm its debatable! I try sing a bit, Theres a couple of acoustic biffy clyro songs which I practice, sometimes it sounds ok-ish mellow.gif but I wouldnt go as far as saying I could sing!

I played around with the track last night, put in that delay and added a little bit, got a new riff / melody at the end.
https://soundcloud.com/bleez666/u4

Hehe - why not try some vocal ideas man? I think that instrumentally it's good enough at this point to lay down some vocals on it smile.gif

+Quote Post
bleez
Feb 6 2014, 09:33 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Feb 6 2014, 09:18 AM) *
Hehe - why not try some vocal ideas man? I think that instrumentally it's good enough at this point to lay down some vocals on it smile.gif

biggrin.gif I'll give it a go! thanks dude.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Feb 7 2014, 09:46 AM
Instructor
Looking forward to hear your ideas - you can record them with the guitar if you feel uncomfy with your voice in the first instance smile.gif But don't shy away from doing it - I am hereto assist wink.gif

+Quote Post
bleez
Apr 2 2014, 04:53 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
hey Cos smile.gif

I done a little recording today, wondered if you'd check it out. here's where Im at with that Alt picking lesson

Also, the Gary Moore collab, a bit simple maybe but the more complicated stuff I tried didn't pan out at all! what do you think?

Ive been working on a ton of stuff these last few months. Im trying a couple lessons which are probably a bit fast for me but even playing them slow sounds pretty cool! Im also re-visiting some older lessons which I either stopped playing or never quite nailed, usually because of bending issues rolleyes.gif
Also still working on learning some solos, I finally got comfortably numb learned and can play through it, you won't confuse it for Gilmour but that was never the immediate goal smile.gif

A new solo Ive been working on is Alive. I tried a few years ago to play it but never managed so it was kinda cool to get through it now. I tried to keep as close to the album version as I could. The bit in the middle where the vocals come back in I found really difficult to make out the guitar and everyone on youtube seems to play something different in that bit, so I just done my own thing but the rest is as close as I can get.
here's the outcome so far -

cheers dude.

--------------------

+Quote Post

18 Pages V  « < 11 12 13 14 15 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 09:26 AM