> Rules

Here is where the magic happens: the REC board turns bedroom guitarists into real pros. Remember - it doesn't matter if you fail or pass, as long as you keep posting REC takes you will progress.

The entries will be graded by a number of instructors. After grading, members will be accredited with the appropriate points if they pass, and adjustments will be made to their REC level.
Passing grade is 6 or higher.

* Submit your REC take!
* More info
* Score board
* Recording tutorial

Beginner Right Hand Strumming, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F3IDNxGCmFg
GRADE
Beginner's Corner 11: Right Hand Rhythm
1. [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
2. [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
3. [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
4. [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
5. [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
6. [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
7. [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
8. [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
9. [ 3 ] ** [100.00%]
10. [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Total Votes: 3

gitarcitolga
Jul 10 2011, 12:53 PM
Learning Chord Basher
Hello everybody,

This is my final rec for beginner's corner lessons. I chose this lesson so I can prove myself that I'm perfectly parallel with background rhtyhm and understood the basic timings such as whole notes,quarter,eighth notes and so on with correct strumming. I am practising on legato and basic metal rhythm lately. Though it takes time for me to jump from beginner level. So hopefully my next videos will be from those topics. Only thing I'm not comfortable with is the artifacts on my youtube video. My original video on my desktop is perfect, HD quality, no problem at all. So I know there's no problem with my cam and my rec. But it happens after I put it onto youtube. I put it on youtube, check the video, there you go, the damn artifacts and sound explotions at some random areas. I don't get it, please let me know if you had any experience with that. Thanks for watching, and commenting, see you all around!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F3IDNxGCmFg

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by skennington: Jul 18 2011, 04:10 PM

--------------------
Cheers,
Tolga

-Life is beautiful-
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Jul 10 2011, 02:18 PM
Instructor
Original lesson for instructors: https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Beginners-Corner-11/

This is a great take ! biggrin.gif

Your timing is really good and everything was really clean. Your up strokes weren't quite as even and controlled as your down strokes but that's a normal thing that us guitarists find at the beginning anyway, because strumming up isn't as natural as down. You should be really pleased with your performances as you've clearly put a lot of time and effort in. smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jul 10 2011, 08:37 PM
Instructor
Hey Tolga! Good take mate, as Ben said, you should work on evening out the attack of your pick when striking upwards, but that comes with time smile.gif otherwise, very good work!

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jul 10 2011, 11:25 PM
Instructor
This was played very nicely. It needs to be a bit more convincing tho, but you are getting there with those upstrokes. It's just a matter of balancing the weight of the had itself and keeping it relaxed (using the weight for movement too).

About the video - perhaps you could render to another codec? AVC is usually what works best.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jul 11 2011, 01:42 AM
Instructor
It's a very good take! As the other instructors said, you have to improve the upstrokes a bit to make them sound with the same intention than the donwstrokes. Keep on the great job!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
skennington
Jul 13 2011, 01:38 PM
Learning Roadie - Never Give Up - Moderator
Very good man, 9 on this one!

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 10:45 PM