> IS THAT YOUR MAMA?

Nope didn't think so either. We all know parents don't get this.

I can show you how to be the virtuoso your folks could only dream about, but I first need your help:

* Pm me and I will show you where to start. I am online every day and I will help you out directly!

* Join my mentoring program. I will customize your learning experience in a way you haven't experienced before. We will have regular contact so that you can remain inspired every day and eventually reach a new level.

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Oh and did you know that to become a killer guitarist you just need to focus on one thing? Everything
else is secondary. Pm me and I will explain.

18 Pages V  « < 15 16 17 18 >  
Mad's Mad Rhythm Corner
mad
Oct 14 2013, 10:20 AM
Accomplished Rock Star
Haha - no way, I'll do another one later today biggrin.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Oct 15 2013, 08:14 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (mad @ Oct 14 2013, 09:20 AM) *
Haha - no way, I'll do another one later today biggrin.gif

Marc smile.gif I meant what I said wink.gif Be confident, aye?

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
mad
Nov 5 2013, 09:47 AM
Accomplished Rock Star
Hey Cos - just wanted to say that I'm still around and practicing my fingers off tongue.gif

1. I'm still on that tapping section for the Muris lesson (Lydian)
2. Trying to make my way with improvising using lydian mode
3. Ear-training: yes, still that song by Lindsey Sterling (Crystallize) - I have a hard time with that first "double note-run" @ 1:07, but I think I'm getting it down soon smile.gif

Cheers,
Marc

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Nov 5 2013, 09:59 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (mad @ Nov 5 2013, 08:47 AM) *
Hey Cos - just wanted to say that I'm still around and practicing my fingers off tongue.gif

1. I'm still on that tapping section for the Muris lesson (Lydian)
2. Trying to make my way with improvising using lydian mode
3. Ear-training: yes, still that song by Lindsey Sterling (Crystallize) - I have a hard time with that first "double note-run" @ 1:07, but I think I'm getting it down soon smile.gif

Cheers,
Marc

Hey bro! Great to hear you're on the right track biggrin.gif Show me some recordings and we'll take it from there!

+Quote Post
mad
Nov 6 2013, 09:44 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
OK, here you got the first one:

Still far from perfect.. it's very hard for me to get all those articulations played in a decent way...

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Nov 7 2013, 07:57 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (mad @ Nov 6 2013, 08:44 PM) *
OK, here you got the first one:

Still far from perfect.. it's very hard for me to get all those articulations played in a decent way...

Hey Marc wink.gif

Things sound pretty much good - but there are these two bends around 0:12 and the last one at 0:47 which are not out of pitch but a bit weak. You need more strength behind them smile.gif Maybe grabbing the neck with the thumb a bit harder and pushing with the wrist harder - as a result of the thumb grabbing would help? Have you experimented with this?

+Quote Post
mad
Nov 7 2013, 11:52 AM
Accomplished Rock Star
Yes, I have tongue.gif

Here's todays try..

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Nov 7 2013, 02:10 PM
Instructor
Hmmmm, mate I must admit, I liked the previous one better - the vibrato in this one is a bit shaky.. Focus on shape in both bending and vibrato try to play alongside Muris' recording and emulate his feel - that's always a good way of doing things wink.gif

+Quote Post
mad
Nov 15 2013, 11:26 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
Hey Cos!

Here's another Lydian solo recording:

Attached File  3rdFullTake.mp3 ( 1.98MB ) Number of downloads: 69

biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Nov 16 2013, 09:07 AM
Instructor
Hey mate! It's great in terms of timing and clean playing, the bends could be stronger tho smile.gif This will definitely come in time! I am certain of it wink.gif

What say you if we changed the scenery a bit and if you tackled this nice Mixolydian one? We would finish with the major modes in this way and then we could delve into the minor modes!

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/solo-guit...loing-beginner/

+Quote Post
mad
Nov 16 2013, 09:29 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
Yes... time..... biggrin.gif
So let's finish the major modes then!

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Nov 17 2013, 04:21 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (mad @ Nov 16 2013, 08:29 PM) *
Yes... time..... biggrin.gif
So let's finish the major modes then!

So, you like the Mixolydian one, eh? biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
mad
Nov 20 2013, 08:10 AM
Accomplished Rock Star
Indeed tongue.gif will do a recording for you soon!

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Nov 20 2013, 10:07 AM
Instructor
Most excellent wink.gif I am looking forward to that!

+Quote Post
mad
Nov 22 2013, 11:58 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
Here you go biggrin.gif

still some things to work on..

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Nov 23 2013, 09:18 AM
Instructor
Hello mate!

This ain't bad at all! Technically, you got everything sounding right, but it feels a little bit rigid - try to interpret it a bit more, but first listen to the original take and see what you can 'steal' from it in order to make yours sound more organic wink.gif

+Quote Post
mad
May 24 2014, 07:52 AM
Accomplished Rock Star
Hi Cosmin biggrin.gif

Let's continue with theory - I have to stay in shape with those things. Expect another recording for the mixolydian part soon wink.gif
I definately have to work more on articulation and on applying theory in my overall playing/improvising. I'm working on these lessons, too:

Improvisation_High_Low_Contrast
Improvisation-Slow-Fast-Contrast
Improvisation-Breathing

Technically doable, but articulation-wise it's like a level 10 to me tongue.gif

Cheers,
Marc

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
May 24 2014, 12:39 PM
Instructor
Heeey Marc! Wow dude - I wanted to ask you, have you been laid off from work, or something? biggrin.gif You seem to have exploded with takes biggrin.gif

Which is a great thing, don't get me wrong biggrin.gif Well, let's see the mixolydian recording and we'll take it from there. The lessons you chose are great, because you need to develop your phrasing and articulation indeed. You are already a good rhythm player!

+Quote Post
mad
May 24 2014, 01:06 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ May 24 2014, 12:39 PM) *
Heeey Marc! Wow dude - I wanted to ask you, have you been laid off from work, or something? biggrin.gif You seem to have exploded with takes biggrin.gif

Ha - no, but I have found a good balance between family, work and playing guitar!

Which is a great thing, don't get me wrong biggrin.gif Well, let's see the mixolydian recording and we'll take it from there. The lessons you chose are great, because you need to develop your phrasing and articulation indeed. You are already a good rhythm player!

Thanks to you mate! If you remember how this thread originally started from biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
May 25 2014, 07:23 PM
Instructor
Thank you sir! You are far too kind!

I am glad to hear that you found BALANCE biggrin.gif Such an important word!

I'm here to assist wink.gif

+Quote Post

18 Pages V  « < 15 16 17 18 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 01:22 AM