2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Randy Rhoads
Gerald
Nov 7 2007, 05:47 AM
GMC:er
Randy is one of my personal favs. I feel he did a lot in the two albums he did with Ozzy. His desire to keep learning more and more about guitar really impresses me. When he was on tour in every city he stoped in, he would crack open the phone book and look for classical guitar teachers. He could have taken the lazy/easy way out and been satisfied with his playing and success, but he didn't.

It's to bad we don't have any additional material from him; just imagine what he would have been like now!

The other thing that I feel really sets him a part from some other guitarists is that everyone that has interviewed about Randy said he was a really nice guy. Kinda reminds you of the Zakk Wylde article where Zack bought a kid a new guitar.

What I really enjoy about his playing is that he throws in these little solo parts all thoughout the song. He bends the neck of his gibson guitar, whammy on his flying V and just has an ability to get unique sounds from the guitar.

In my book, I give him 2 thumbs up! cool.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Maximus
Nov 7 2007, 06:04 AM
I just got out of my car and they were playing Crazy Train on the radio. I sat in my driveway until it was over. Then I came in the door and walked to my computer and the first thing I see is a RR post. I really still have a sense of sadness when I hear him play. I remember clearly where I was the day he died. A great talent gone too soon.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

Guitars: Gibson Les Paul Standard, Ibanez rg 750, Ibanez Mikro, Washburn Acoustic
Amps: Crate GX 1600 1/2 Stack, Line 6 Spider 2, Vintage Kustom Tube Head
Effects: Line 6 POD X3 Live, Line 6 PocketPod
Misc: Line 6 FBV Express Foot Switch/Volume/Wah-Wah Pedal

+Quote Post
FretDancer69
Nov 7 2007, 10:22 AM
i never really understood how he passed away.., can someone explain me please.? sad.gif

--------------------
Playing Guitar Since: December 2006

+Quote Post
ClifordACDC
Nov 7 2007, 10:29 AM
he was in a plane and him the piolt, and a hairdresser where flying low down to the tour bus ozzy was in to "Buzz" the bus as a joke. they did it3 times and the next time they went to low and the wing hit the bus and then crashed into a mansion. randy rhoads is definately one of my favorite guitarists. when i first heard him i was amazed but then i found out that he had died a long time ago and it made me realy sad sad.gif

This post has been edited by ClifordACDC: Nov 7 2007, 10:34 AM

--------------------
http://www.myspace.com/cliffordacdc

my gear: epiphone sg special, Marshall mg100dfx, digitech df-7 distortion factory

+Quote Post
Gerald
Nov 7 2007, 11:49 PM
How Randy died is really the huge bummer on whole thing; some guy piloting the plane was doing some stupid stuff which got them killed. If they would have not fooled around Randy would more than likely be here today. The thing is though from what I have read he probably would have quit Ozzy and gone on to get his Masters in music.

+Quote Post
Gerald
Nov 9 2007, 03:38 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-qjnzYwKqOo

A link to some classic Rhoads. smile.gif

+Quote Post
Spiderusalem
Nov 9 2007, 03:49 AM
QUOTE (Gerald @ Nov 8 2007, 06:38 PM) *
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-qjnzYwKqOo

A link to some classic Rhoads. smile.gif

lol this is one of my favorites.

also this one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gGdstwaxhcU

if you watch all the way to the end, you may notice ozzy looking back at randy and his drummer confused like he's going "oh my god, whats going on back there? what just happened? he's really playing that isn't he?"

--------------------
Equipment: Classical/Jazz hybrid guitar. blunt/black humor.

Success is the best revenge.

+Quote Post
Unleash-The-Shre...
Nov 9 2007, 03:56 AM
QUOTE (Gerald @ Nov 7 2007, 05:49 PM) *
How Randy died is really the huge bummer on whole thing; some guy piloting the plane was doing some stupid stuff which got them killed. If they would have not fooled around Randy would more than likely be here today. The thing is though from what I have read he probably would have quit Ozzy and gone on to get his Masters in music.

He was working on getting his masters at Berkley at the time of his death from what I understand. He was just on tour at the time with Ozzy, so he left school for a while. I believe he was planning on going back to finish after that.

+Quote Post
Gerald
Nov 9 2007, 03:56 AM
Oh yeah Mr Crowley is awesome. I like the crazy train one real well to; especially when he bends the neck of his gibson!

+Quote Post
lefty01
Nov 9 2007, 04:17 AM
If any instructors are listening...this would be a great time to do a "in-the-style-of" lesson of Randy. smile.gif

+Quote Post
Gerald
Nov 9 2007, 05:13 AM
QUOTE (lefty01 @ Nov 8 2007, 10:17 PM) *
If any instructors are listening...this would be a great time to do a "in-the-style-of" lesson of Randy. smile.gif

I concur!

+Quote Post
Spiderusalem
Nov 9 2007, 05:15 AM
QUOTE (Gerald @ Nov 8 2007, 08:13 PM) *
I concur!

+ 1

--------------------
Equipment: Classical/Jazz hybrid guitar. blunt/black humor.

Success is the best revenge.

+Quote Post
KRmachine
Nov 9 2007, 05:25 AM
Randy was amazing, he only recorded two albums with Ozzy but damn, those have some of the best metal guitar work ever recorded. He blew everyone out of the water and set a new standard for how metal guitar is supposed to be played, and noone has done the same since. Hats and buckets off to him.

+Quote Post
ClifordACDC
Nov 9 2007, 11:05 AM
you just had to add buckets didnt you. tongue.gif laugh.gif

--------------------
http://www.myspace.com/cliffordacdc

my gear: epiphone sg special, Marshall mg100dfx, digitech df-7 distortion factory

+Quote Post
Unleash-The-Shre...
Nov 9 2007, 02:04 PM
QUOTE (lefty01 @ Nov 8 2007, 10:17 PM) *

I requested one before. I believe it was to Marcus or Muris. Can you throw one together guys?? smile.gif

+Quote Post
spdalton
Nov 9 2007, 03:11 PM
Yeah a Randy lesson would be great!
It's so sad that he will never be able to continue his love of classical guitar as well.
The world might have had more songs like Dee sad.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
Ticking away the moments that make up a dull day. Fritter and waste the hours in an offhand way

http://www.myspace.com/cashnz

+Quote Post
KRmachine
Nov 9 2007, 05:55 PM
QUOTE (ClifordACDC @ Nov 9 2007, 11:05 AM) *
you just had to add buckets didnt you. tongue.gif laugh.gif

Haha yep, most sentences benefit from use of the word bucket.

+Quote Post
Gerald
Nov 9 2007, 09:59 PM
Does anyone know if there are any you tubes or recordings of his classical works?

+Quote Post
spdalton
Nov 10 2007, 05:28 AM
QUOTE (Gerald @ Nov 9 2007, 02:59 PM) *
Does anyone know if there are any you tubes or recordings of his classical works?

This isn't a live video, but as far as I know it is one of the very few, if not only (I'd gladly be proven wrong though), recordings of him playing his classical.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TjbyI_817F8

--------------------
IPB Image
Ticking away the moments that make up a dull day. Fritter and waste the hours in an offhand way

http://www.myspace.com/cashnz

+Quote Post
Animosity
Nov 10 2007, 08:50 AM
I don't understand why Rhoads isn't in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame...

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 06:08 AM