2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Does God Really Hate Metal?
Headbanger
Aug 9 2013, 12:22 PM
GMC:er
Just found this on the internet: If it offends anyone, I apologise ... laugh.gif

Attached Image

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
bleez
Aug 9 2013, 12:41 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
LOL! Im with the dude on the right biggrin.gif

kinda reminds me of this one -

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

You say 'minor pentatonic ' like it's a bad thing

+Quote Post
Headbanger
Aug 9 2013, 12:47 PM
QUOTE (bleez @ Aug 9 2013, 01:41 PM) *
LOL! Im with the dude on the right biggrin.gif

kinda reminds me of this one -

I'm with the right hand guy too...I speak his language.

Lol,that Guy with the poster looks positively envious of the guy eating.

Hey Bleez...Thats twice in two days you've sent me something with an image of a KFC bucket in it. Was this part of your Buckethead Shrine maybe? laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Dieterle
Aug 9 2013, 12:48 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
Depend`s on which God he actually means huh.gif

This post has been edited by Dieterle: Aug 9 2013, 12:49 PM

+Quote Post
Slavenko Erazer
Aug 9 2013, 12:56 PM
QUOTE (Dieterle @ Aug 9 2013, 01:48 PM) *

On everybody's god biggrin.gif

Don't know does god hates metal, but it's vice versa definitely cool.gif

This post has been edited by Slavenko Erazer: Aug 9 2013, 01:21 PM

+Quote Post
bleez
Aug 9 2013, 01:02 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Headbanger @ Aug 9 2013, 12:47 PM) *
Hey Bleez...Thats twice in two days you've sent me something with an image of a KFC bucket in it. Was this part of your Buckethead Shrine maybe? laugh.gif

LOL! yup, and as yet despite my offerings to the shrine with kfc related paraphernalia I have still yet to be bestowed with the power of talent!

QUOTE (Dieterle @ Aug 9 2013, 12:48 PM) *

I like your thinking d-man! Surely the god of thunder would love the metal

--------------------

You say 'minor pentatonic ' like it's a bad thing

+Quote Post
Headbanger
Aug 9 2013, 01:06 PM
QUOTE (bleez @ Aug 9 2013, 02:02 PM) *
LOL! yup, and as yet despite my offerings to the shrine with kfc related paraphernalia I have still yet to be bestowed with the power of talent!

laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Dieterle
Aug 9 2013, 01:08 PM
QUOTE (bleez @ Aug 9 2013, 02:02 PM) *

I like your thinking d-man! Surely the god of thunder would love the metal

smile.gif Yes, he does and kicking asses to make Them wake up !

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Aug 9 2013, 01:41 PM
Instructor
I don't think so! there are many metal bands that write about him... he should like some metal stuff. biggrin.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Headbanger
Aug 9 2013, 01:48 PM
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Aug 9 2013, 02:41 PM) *
I don't think so! there are many metal bands that write about him... he should like some metal stuff. biggrin.gif

True Gab...I think God made that guy on the right, write his sign. laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Aug 9 2013, 04:20 PM
Instructor
Of course he doesn't hate it.. he loves it. He would absolutely have to love something so awesome smile.gif

+Quote Post
PosterBoy
Aug 9 2013, 04:53 PM
Learning Roadie
Stryper are still going and Michael Sweet still has awesome pipes aged 50, so I think God loves Metal

--------------------
My SoundCloud

Gear
Tyler Burning Water 2K
Burny RLG90 with BK Emeralds
Fender US Tele with BK Piledrivers
Epiphone 335 with Suhr Thornbuckers
PRS SE Custom 24-08
Ax8

Fessenden SD10 PSG
Quilter TT15

+Quote Post
jstcrsn
Aug 9 2013, 08:17 PM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (bleez @ Aug 9 2013, 01:02 PM) *
LOL! yup, and as yet despite my offerings to the shrine with kfc related paraphernalia I have still yet to be bestowed with the power of talent

you need to send me the offering before you will receive your guitar virtuoso be-stowage

this is also along the lines of this

Attached image(s)
Attached Image

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Aug 9 2013, 11:00 PM
great pic wink.gif Hmm. Well, I doubt that God even hates Black Metal to honest. It all serves it's purpose in the greater scheme somehow or it probably wouldn't be here doing it's thing smile.gif I"m still waiting for the sub genre "Black/Christian Metal" to come out just so it can be a living contradiction of itself smile.gif

Todd

+Quote Post
Dieterle
Aug 10 2013, 07:31 AM
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Aug 10 2013, 12:00 AM) *
great pic wink.gif Hmm. Well, I doubt that God even hates Black Metal to honest. It all serves it's purpose in the greater scheme somehow or it probably wouldn't be here doing it's thing smile.gif I"m still waiting for the sub genre "Black/Christian Metal" to come out just so it can be a living contradiction of itself smile.gif

Todd

Christianity and all religion is Made by Mankind .

Just a noter reason to make a different ( Like Nationality Color Politic ...Sex) between people to get a better

control over theme.... and often misused !

Direct responsibility surrounded with respect outgoing from a a Loving Heart - should be a Great Job for Everyone to BE ,

Music is a wonderful way to go on THAT WAY smile.gif BLACK/LOVING HEART METAL .

So for God ,( - its a often abused Name - there been many Gods on our planet - ), IT is all over them !

With respect , Dieter

+Quote Post
sammetal92
Aug 10 2013, 07:52 AM
Actually, I've done a lot of research and given quite a few presentations at a few places about metal music. Metal was actually used by Pagans or anti-religion people to torture the religious ones tongue.gif

I'm a firm believer in God, and I think God likes Metal very much biggrin.gif

--------------------

Download my free guitar and Floyd Rose setup guide: http://www.samsguitars.tk/

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Aug 10 2013, 11:06 AM
Instructor
I for one consider myself as a spiritual person but, I do not believe in the church and I dislike the idea of waving your religion as a flag for everyone to see, so that they may know how religious and what a true believer you are. Belief and spirituality are very intimate things which should be held close to your soul smile.gif

I don't think God would hate metal - God doesn't hate anyone or anything, if we study what's written in the Bible smile.gif

+Quote Post
Ulrik
Aug 11 2013, 04:10 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Aug 10 2013, 12:06 PM) *
God doesn't hate anyone or anything, if we study what's written in the Bible smile.gif

Sorry I do not agree, if you read the old testament you will see "he" is quite hateful towards tribes and people (that you would imagine "he" created but you are not really sure, because that story does not add up). Compared to our views today there is a lot of hate and vengance.

By the way, I am possibly the least religious person in the world smile.gif

To make metal powerful you just need to bring in religion often the satanic side (if you do not sing about mass murder, political injustice or dragons). My narrow minded answer is: Christians hate metal. But of course I know it is not completely true as christian metal excists, but those bands are never really great right?

This post has been edited by Ulrik: Aug 11 2013, 04:11 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Slavenko Erazer
Aug 11 2013, 06:50 PM
QUOTE (Ulrik @ Aug 11 2013, 05:10 PM) *
My narrow minded answer is: Christians hate metal. But of course I know it is not completely true as christian metal excists, but those bands are never really great right?

I\m with you Ulrich.

Offcourse that there's a lot of hate and vengeance in today's life, and best way to express yourself is- Guess where - music, let's pick up most extreme music - Metal , mostly Death and thrash.

Not that they hate metal, just that they don't have enough sophisticated story to cover their Christian devotion in metal. Some metal bands are just too preachy when it comes to incorporating their faith in their music. And no one wants to go to a metal show where the frontman is basically reading the bible to the audience.That is why non-Christian image in metal fits way better in such extreme music , and people can way more recognize in it. And to mentionj that Europe has always been more radical in this subject.

I myself think it's quite lame to bring religion and associate it with metal music.

This post has been edited by Slavenko Erazer: Aug 11 2013, 06:48 PM

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Aug 12 2013, 07:08 AM
Instructor
I for one would rather not dissect the subject that much smile.gif

Everyone has the right to believe and feel in their own way, so as long as we are tolerant towards each other, it doesn't really matter what sort of music we like or who/what we believe in smile.gif The problems come out when some people are trying to force other people into thinking that their ways are the best and they should adopt them without a question.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 11:09 AM