So I've Been Going Threw All The Beginner Lessons..., Need some advice on lessons to practice.
Nick_GibsonLP
May 11 2007, 12:04 AM
GMC:er
I wouldn't say i'm a beginner, but i've been playing for about 1 1/2 years, which have roughly all been just learning songs, and i've been going through all the beginners lessons learning some stuff (I'm already pretty decent with scales, power chords, palm muting, and other things), but what I want to know is which lessons are the best for me to really spend time learning and improving on? In the next couple of months i'd really like to start working on soloing and speeding up my picking speed, so what does everyone suggest I start spending serious time on?

*through*

Sorry about the typo in the topic title, i've been sick all day and my heads not in the right place right now.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Gear:

Gibson Les Paul Studio Faded
Roland Cube 30X
Line 6 Guitar Port
Digitech RP250 Pedal

IPB Image
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 4)
Nick_GibsonLP
May 13 2007, 02:59 AM
Alright 59 views and no replies? dry.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Gear:

Gibson Les Paul Studio Faded
Roland Cube 30X
Line 6 Guitar Port
Digitech RP250 Pedal

IPB Image

+Quote Post
Speedeh
May 13 2007, 07:34 AM
QUOTE (Nick_GibsonLP @ May 13 2007, 02:59 AM) *
Alright 59 views and no replies? dry.gif

I hear practicing the Speed Picking lessons helps improve your picking speed smile.gif It's a slow process and takes hundreds of hours before you can get some scary (dare I say, Pavel-esque?)speed. I've also found that just doing lessons that seem fun are the best way to improve. If you get bored with just doing one type of lesson you're getting bored with guitar and that's the worst way to keep your motivation.

+Quote Post
Suib
May 13 2007, 03:34 PM
QUOTE (Nick_GibsonLP @ May 10 2007, 07:04 PM) *
I wouldn't say i'm a beginner, but i've been playing for about 1 1/2 years, which have roughly all been just learning songs, and i've been going through all the beginners lessons learning some stuff (I'm already pretty decent with scales, power chords, palm muting, and other things), but what I want to know is which lessons are the best for me to really spend time learning and improving on? In the next couple of months i'd really like to start working on soloing and speeding up my picking speed, so what does everyone suggest I start spending serious time on?

This is an intresting topic. I was in the same situation you were when i came to this site back in March. I did all the beginer lessons and didn't know what to do next. I looked over all of the video's here and found what intrested me. I started to do the 101 lessons but started to loose intrest really fast. So whenever i lost intrest i learned a new song or a solo here from the riffs and licks section. Then went back to 101. Just doing this for 2 months i have already noticed a great deal of improvment (not to say there isn't a lot to still improve on) but i am happier with my playing and improvment. Also, some fun stuff to do is look at the in the style of lessons because if you see a guitarist you really like. (for me the slash lesson was awesome) In a couple of hours i tried the Sweet Child o Mine solo and BOOM. I nailed it only with about 20 errors as opposed to maybe 50 or 60 rolleyes.gif Still an improvment.

Hope this helps smile.gif

This post has been edited by Suib: May 13 2007, 03:48 PM

--------------------
"THAT ONE GUITAR!!!" - Foriegner

+Quote Post
kerupt
May 13 2007, 07:48 PM
If you go into the beginners lessons section back a few theres a lesson on "how to practice". Basically a great way to set up a practice routine thats fun and keeps you motivated. Helped me alot!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 12:42 PM