Something Spooky Is Going On Here...
Staffy
Oct 23 2009, 10:01 AM
Learning Tone Master
In my research in the music history, I have came across some interesting facts.
Since I always have been interested in numbers I discovered the following:

Both Jimi Hendrix, Robert Johnson, Brian Jones and Jim Morrison as well as the great Swedish
piano player Jan Johansson died at an age of 27. Why ???

The same goes for SRV and Charlie Parker, though I haven't done any research of musicians who died
too early at the age of 35.

Isn't it spooky ? Anyone else has others ???

//Staffay

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

Guitars: Ibanez AM-200, Ibanez GB-10, Fender Stratocaster Classic Player, Warmouth Custom Built, Suhr Classic Strat, Gibson Les Paul Standard 2003, Ibanez steel-string
Amps: Fender Hot Rod Deluxe, Marshall JMP 2103, AER 60
Effects: BOSS DD-20, Danelectro Trans. Overdrive, TC-Electronics G-Major, Dunlop Wah-wah, Original SansAmp, BOSS DD-2
Music by Staffy can be found at: Staffay at MySpace
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 13)
chmilew
Oct 23 2009, 12:09 PM
GMC:er
Janis Joplin also died at the age of 27.
I must admit that it's a weird thing huh.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Rated Htr
Oct 23 2009, 12:18 PM
Experienced Rock Star
Well, that must mean I'll be in music history if I died at the age of 27 laugh.gif

But yeah, it is kinda spooky

--------------------
Currently Practicing

Rhythm: Finnish Power Metal III: Nightwish
Legato: Ben's Land Of Legato
Alternate Picking: Alternate Picking Workout #5
Chords: Chord Melody Technique

+Quote Post
Joruus
Oct 23 2009, 12:27 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
We had a topic about this before but i can't find it :/
I think there was an even bigger list in there though!
Really weird thing.

--------------------
Gear:
Guitars: Ibanez Jem 7vwh, Ibanez RG 350 DX, Gibson Les Paul Studio
Effects: Line 6 PODxt + FBV MKII Express pedal
Amp: Line6 SpiderIII 15

+Quote Post
audiopaal
Oct 23 2009, 01:11 PM
Competitions Coordinator - Up the Irons
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/27_Club smile.gif

Kinda spooky smile.gif

+Quote Post
Artemus
Oct 23 2009, 01:40 PM
Learning Tone Seeker - CHALLENGE STAR!
*looks in pocket and finds a white lighter*

Ah well, I'm past my prime anyway

--------------------
My Myspace site here
My YouTube channel here

+Quote Post
Bluesberry
Oct 23 2009, 02:05 PM
Learning Roadie
Let us not forget to wear tin foil hats every time we give a thought on these kinds of things. wink.gif

I believe that it's just coincidence. The world is filled with great musicians and geniuses, and there are even more not so famous musicians. Everyone dies, and a sad fact is that, especially in the sixties, seventies and eighties, drugs and such things have been a solid part of rock'n roll life. So as life expectancy goes down, the possibility to die at the same age increases.

If asked how many great musicians have died at the age of 27, I answer: "How many great musicians haven't?"

But don't forget the tin foil hats! biggrin.gif

-Kristian.

This post has been edited by Kristian Hyvärinen: Oct 23 2009, 02:08 PM

+Quote Post
Staffy
Oct 23 2009, 02:23 PM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (audiopaal @ Oct 23 2009, 02:11 PM) *

Yeah, it is indeed! But luckily I passed that opportunity years ago, but in fact I have been brain-dead since 27, which actually was when I met my ex. girlfriend, but I managed to wake up again a couple of years ago.... and btw. I guess I did'nt pass the test in Heaven for beeing a great musician etither... laugh.gif

//Staffay

--------------------

Guitars: Ibanez AM-200, Ibanez GB-10, Fender Stratocaster Classic Player, Warmouth Custom Built, Suhr Classic Strat, Gibson Les Paul Standard 2003, Ibanez steel-string
Effects: BOSS DD-20, Danelectro Trans. Overdrive, TC-Electronics G-Major, Dunlop Wah-wah, Original SansAmp, BOSS DD-2

+Quote Post
Jesse
Oct 23 2009, 02:43 PM
GMC:er
Stevie died 36 days before his 36 birthday, he had a nightmare that night before the fatal day... he was watching his own funeral.

--------------------
Don't just play it. Feel it!

+Quote Post
Staffy
Oct 23 2009, 02:59 PM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (Jesse @ Oct 23 2009, 03:43 PM) *
Stevie died 36 days before his 36 birthday, he had a nightmare that night before the fatal day... he was watching his own funeral.

Hmmm, here we have a co-efficient 9 actually. If You divide the others one's with three You get nine, if You divide Stevies with 4 You also got 9. Maybe it has something to do with 9 ??? So then must we try to look-up who died when 45, 54, 63,72.... and not to forget 18....

//Staffay

--------------------

+Quote Post
Bluesberry
Oct 23 2009, 04:29 PM
Learning Roadie
I watched the movie 23 once. I thought it was kind of lame, but I was fascinated by the way the characters were absorbed into the "mystery" at hand. So I made a little test of my own:

There were 23 buckets of flowers in my front yard. There were 46 (23+23) leaves in a tree branch. There were total of 23 elderly people I saw during my trip to shop. And so on.

There were also 18 children I saw. The road's pavement was dividable by 18. There were 3 x 6 (=18) windows in nearby apartment complexes. If I recall, 18 houses like that have been built in this area.

It's possible to see patterns everywhere. The question is whether we see an actual pattern or make the pattern up ourselves.

I definitely do not want to spoil the fun you guys are having, I think these kinds of things are fun, too. smile.gif Just thought to bring up a different view to broaden the conversation.

+Quote Post
Fran
Oct 23 2009, 04:37 PM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
Yes that's spooky for sure.

Good thing I'm almost 32. I guess I'm safe for at least 3 years more laugh.gif

Oh wait, I'm not a rockstar anyway! I'm safe for much longer laugh.gif laugh.gif

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post
Staffy
Oct 23 2009, 04:54 PM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (Fran @ Oct 23 2009, 05:37 PM) *
Yes that's spooky for sure.

Good thing I'm almost 32. I guess I'm safe for at least 3 years more laugh.gif

Oh wait, I'm not a rockstar anyway! I'm safe for much longer laugh.gif laugh.gif

In Sweden we use to say: "He didn't swear, He didn't smoke, He didn't drank, He didn't struggle with women, but the day he got 50 - he'd been ran over by a bus!!!"
Since I'm abusing both cigarettes and swears on occasion, I guess Im safe as well..... laugh.gif

//Staffay

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Oct 23 2009, 10:04 PM
Instructor
Well, the thing with the white lighter is indeed spooky unsure.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 08:27 PM