Hi Gmc
emps
Aug 14 2010, 10:46 PM
GMC:er
Hello,

I am 20 and just started to play again after a long break from guitar. I decided to start from the basics and develop good technique from the get-go and learn about some new guitarists. I found that I like Eric Johnson alot, and wonder why I never listened to him before. His playing is awesome. I have an old crappy amp and a gibson epiphone (no tremolo bridge sad.gif) that I use to practice on.

My goal is to be able to play all of my favorite Ozzy and Van Halen songs, as well as write some of my own. I like Eric Johnson's live version of Cliffs of Dover from 1990, especially the clean intro. I'd like to play like that, very soft and clean. I'm a big fan of 80's style rock, so maybe I can incorporate the two somehow.

I am in the process of building my own electric guitar, so we will see how that goes. I am excited to have a guitar I can say it is the only one like it. So that will be neat. I am also working on building an amplifier for said guitar, so I can tweak any and every attribute of what my guitar sounds like. In short, I like building stuff myself smile.gif

Thanks for listening.

-Brian

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
MickeM
Aug 14 2010, 10:50 PM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
If you're willing to practice hard this place is full of lessons and opportunities. Welcome! smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Azzaboi
Aug 14 2010, 11:53 PM
Welcome,

Your'll go far practicing over the basic again, seriously no matter how beginner or professional guitarist you are, the basics are the corner stone. Take it in slowly and develop good habits, iron out any bad. It takes a lot longer to get rid of a bad habit than it does getting a good one. Everyone should go back to the basic, I'm glad I did (I had some bad habits). Also remember to throw in practicing something which you struggle with each day rather than just playing everything you already know, don't spead ages on one exercise but come back to it every now and then - that's how you develop.

All the best with your practicing!

Sounds awesome your building my own electric guitar!

This post has been edited by Azzaboi: Aug 14 2010, 11:54 PM

--------------------

Play Games Arcade
Take a break, Play Games! Play the best free online flash games at Aaron's Game Zone like Bloons Tower Defense 4!

+Quote Post
K1R
Aug 15 2010, 12:14 AM
Learning Rock Star
Welcome dude. That sounds really cool that you are building your gear by yourself. I hope you will apload some photos and recordings of it smile.gif Good luck with studying!

--------------------

Guitar Altamira M01D, Samick Royale 3, Musima Lead Star 1
Effects Boss ME-25
Amp Stagg 40 GA DSP
DAW SONAR LE

YouTube | Facebook | Last.fm
“One day you pick up the guitar and you feel like a great master, and the next day you feel like a fool. It’s because we’re different every day, but the guitar is always the same…beautiful.” ~ Tommy Emmanuel
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"You have a whole collection of musical ideas and thoughts that you’ve accumulated through your musical history plus all the musical history of the whole world and it’s all in your subconscious and you draw upon it when you play” ~ Joe Pass

+Quote Post
Santiago Diaz Ga...
Aug 15 2010, 01:00 AM
Welcome man! With practice and study, you'll get what you want, don't worry. Take care!

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Aug 15 2010, 02:05 AM
Welcome back smile.gif Best of luck as you head back towards the instrument. I'm sure you will love it. Stop by the video chat lessons each saturday.

Todd

+Quote Post
maharzan
Aug 15 2010, 06:33 AM
Veteran Guitar Lord
Welcome mate. Its all bout practice! smile.gif

--------------------
Checkout my YouTube & my band Nissim's YouTube channels.

+Quote Post
Mudbone
Aug 15 2010, 07:07 AM
Learning Apprentice Player
Welcome dude, you will definitely enjoy your stay here. Remember, perseverance and consistency are key here. You will get frustrated sometimes, thats guaranteed. But just take it slow, consistently practice, and you WILL get better. Theres only one way to go, and thats up. Remember, speed is a product of efficiency, not of actual speed per se, if that makes any sense smile.gif

--------------------

He who laughs last thinks slowest.

"That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence." - Christopher Hitchens

Gear:

Guitars: Uncle Rufus' Twanger Classic
Amps: Mississippi Boom Box
Mojo: Hammer of Odin and a pair of Ox gonads
Inspiration: Samuel Adams Boston Lager

Zero to Hero: 1,387/10,000

+Quote Post
Vaidya
Aug 15 2010, 08:18 AM
Learning Roadie
Hi man
Welcome to GMC and practice hard.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Stephane Lucarel...
Aug 15 2010, 02:00 PM
Instructor
Welcome Brian !

--------------------

+Quote Post
Jerry Arcidiacon...
Aug 15 2010, 07:43 PM
Instructor
Welcome to GMC Brian! smile.gif

--------------------

::: Main Gear :::

Guitars: Washburn N4 Vintage | Washburn N2 | Washburn WI67Pro | Washburn WG-587 | Washburn EA20B
Amps: Laney GH50L (head) | Laney GS410 & GS212IE (cabinets) | Rocktron PROGAP Ultra (rack preamp) | Rocktron Velocity 150 (power amp) | Marshall VS230 (combo)
FXs: Rocktron Intellifex + custom pedalboard (check my video demo)
Other: Shredneck | Intellitouch PT10 tuner
Picks: Esseti Picks

Software & Recording Gear: Cubase 4 | Overloud TH1 | Mackie Onyx 400F | EZdrummer | Korg Pandora PX4D

-------------------------------------------------------

myspace.com/jerryarcidiacono

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

+Quote Post
thefireball
Aug 15 2010, 08:36 PM
Learning Roadie
welcome! good luck on the building!

This post has been edited by thefireball: Aug 15 2010, 08:37 PM

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Aug 15 2010, 09:48 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
Welcome to GMC Brian ! You gonna have fun learning with us. You could maybe write some topics in the forum about your building experiences- that would be interesting smile.gif

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Gitarrero
Aug 16 2010, 06:01 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
Welcome to GMC!

--------------------
Check my band project with fellow GMCer VilleFIN
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Aug 21 2010, 12:24 PM
Instructor
Welcome aboard man! smile.gif It's great that you are doing DIY projects, very interesting. If you need any help, let us know! smile.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Vasilije Vukmiro...
Aug 22 2010, 01:15 PM
Jazz Instructor
Welcome to GMC! smile.gif

+Quote Post
Daniel Realpe
Sep 11 2010, 04:34 PM
Instructor
man, Ilove Eric Johnson,

He's like the king of pentatonics to me, and tone!

Welcome!

--------------------
Visit my:
INSTRUCTOR PROFILE

"If a composer could say what he had to say in words he would not bother trying to say it in music."
Gustav Mahler

Subscribe to my Youtube Channel here

+Quote Post
Lian Gerbino
Sep 11 2010, 05:08 PM
Instructor
welcome to the site man, enjoy your stay!

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Sep 28 2010, 11:52 PM
Instructor
Welcome aboard man. Let us know if we can help you in your journey smile.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 02:49 AM