Adding Chorus Section To Momento Mori
Todd Simpson
Jul 3 2014, 10:52 PM
GMC:er
I've been working with JANICE HO who I met here on GMC! We are collabing on one of my tracks and she is doing some killer vocal work. She suggested I add a "Chorus" section to the song and I think she was right!! Here it is with a chorus section (BUT NOT VOCALS YET). What do you think?

https://soundcloud.com/techniqueswithtodd/memento-mori-updated-feat-janice-7314-538-pm

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Jul 3 2014, 10:53 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 4)
bleez
Jul 4 2014, 06:17 AM
Experienced Tone Seeker
that is sounding very tasty indeed cool.gif are you using overloud here? your tones are mega!
Looking forward to hearing more of this smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

You say 'minor pentatonic ' like it's a bad thing

+Quote Post
Monica Gheorghev...
Jul 4 2014, 08:07 AM
Learning Tone Master
I like how it sound!! It's very tasty!! I hardly wait to hear the final version smile.gif

+Quote Post
Spock
Jul 4 2014, 05:44 PM
Very nice tune Todd! Has a massive dose of "The Lady Wore Black" by Queensryche.

It's a great start, and depending on her vocal melodies the song is going to sound completely different, with guitar re-writes and such, plus adding emphasis with the drums, and a new drum line when it's done.

It shows great potential and is a great starting point point/canvas for a vocalist and melody writer!

Can't wait to hear the finished product.

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jul 4 2014, 09:05 PM
Believe it or not, it's all GARAGE BAND smile.gif my goal in producing this track was partly to serve as a demo for what was possible in GARAGE BAND, so I"m using only Garage Band based sounds/filters. There is something like TH2 built in to garage band though not intended for high gain. the acoustic guitar in the chorus is actually my game controller guitar through a 12 string midi patch in GARAGE BAND smile.gif

For what it is, especially for what it costs, GARAGE BAND is amazingly complete. It comes with everything you need to start doing recording/mixing without needing to buy plugins/upgrades.

Attached Image

QUOTE (bleez @ Jul 4 2014, 01:17 AM) *
that is sounding very tasty indeed cool.gif are you using overloud here? your tones are mega!
Looking forward to hearing more of this smile.gif

GOOD EAR!!!! I was heavily influenced by that tune in particular when I was coming up with this. I just love what they did on that tune smile.gif Good suggestions btw!!

QUOTE (Spock @ Jul 4 2014, 12:44 PM) *
Very nice tune Todd! Has a massive dose of "The Lady Wore Black" by Queensryche.

It's a great start, and depending on her vocal melodies the song is going to sound completely different, with guitar re-writes and such, plus adding emphasis with the drums, and a new drum line when it's done.

It shows great potential and is a great starting point point/canvas for a vocalist and melody writer!

Can't wait to hear the finished product.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 12:48 AM