10 Pages V  « < 6 7 8 9 10 >  
Dicussion And Uploads, Leedbreak,Crazy Fret,OC,Jesse,Paiva,Utak3r
Paiva
Feb 1 2009, 11:44 PM
GMC:er
QUOTE (OrganisedConfusion @ Feb 1 2009, 11:22 AM) *
Hey all. I am in today if anyone wants a chat later. I like that idea of harmonisation crazy. Could work really well.

What are other people doing in the song. Where are paiva and jesse? Have you guys lost interest. We havent heard from you both in ages.

Hey OC sorry for that I don't know witch part to choose from the song lol any recomendations? tongue.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
GEAR:

Guitars:
PRS SE Custom
Epiphone SG Special
Antonio Pinto de Carvalho Classical Guitar
Fender 12 strings
[/color]

Amp:
Epiphone Studio 10s combo
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe!!!!!!!!!!

Pedals:
Kork AX5G
Boss RC-2

2nd song :) Please go check it and post something ;) (again link below)

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
leedbreak
Feb 2 2009, 03:40 AM
I say pick a section, like I did. Claim that part so others know not to pick it and.....

either learn the tab

or make up something to go with it using the notes from the tab

or make up something to replace the tab, using the notes from the tab

This is not an easy challenge. But a serious opportunity to learn what being in a band really means. If you can't play what is being played you have to make it sound better. However, if yours is cool then the band must make it sound better.

This is not going to be easy as I am having trouble with the one I picked. I will play it slightly different than oc but I am not OC, I am in the same band as him. wink.gif

With the tab in hand we are getting to where we are going. We have a tempo, key and notes to play in that key. Most of all you have the feel of each section. Play anything that you think keeps the feel and key.

Ok, now what? huh.gif

That being said I do plan and getting the part I clamed up in the next couple of days. I am close. It is tricky, if it was too hard I would replace it since I picked this section. Then I will pick another,,, I will continue this for 14 days. This will be my only goal on guitar for these days. As I said I need it. I will be learning some rhythms here that I needed to know. I have not given the time to this area of play in some time and it shows.

But this is all a part of being an active GMC member. I will get most of what I need if I keep doing a lesson here and a collab here and now this VB song in my next lesson. It is the perfect environment to learn all we need to play guitar and be in a band.

So get busy fellers we got some playing to do in the next few days and even more learning to do, good luck!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by leedbreak: Feb 2 2009, 03:46 AM

--------------------
- leedbreak

Practice Makes Perfect, only when it is perfect practice :-)

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Feb 2 2009, 05:34 AM
I was leaving it for others to choose their parts first but I may just go ahead and choose soon. Of course you don't have to do exact as tab as it's about adding your own feel. If everybody in the band recorded this same tab for real then I guarentee you'd have a bunch of completely different takes.

I think this tab is going to end up as a good song that we can be proud of. Unfortunately I have sprained my hand by punching a wall lol biggrin.gif So I can't record for a day maybe. But if nobody replies with a prefered part by tomorrow I will just take a section.

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic
Amps:- Framus Ruby Riot 2x12" stack

+Quote Post
Jesse
Feb 2 2009, 09:16 AM
im here tho! ill just play my own part ofcourse:!

--------------------
Don't just play it. Feel it!

+Quote Post
utak3r
Feb 2 2009, 12:50 PM
Well, I can pick my axe up tomorrow.... huh.gif what a busy day....

--------------------
Machines don't bleed that easily...
utak3r.pl

+Quote Post
leedbreak
Feb 2 2009, 02:31 PM
QUOTE (OrganisedConfusion @ Feb 1 2009, 10:34 PM) *
I was leaving it for others to choose their parts first but I may just go ahead and choose soon. Of course you don't have to do exact as tab as it's about adding your own feel. If everybody in the band recorded this same tab for real then I guarentee you'd have a bunch of completely different takes.

I think this tab is going to end up as a good song that we can be proud of. Unfortunately I have sprained my hand by punching a wall lol biggrin.gif So I can't record for a day maybe. But if nobody replies with a prefered part by tomorrow I will just take a section.

Look forward to everyones takes now that we have time smile.gif

You could do the high guitar in 9-19 and be ready to mix with mine that I will post tonight, US time. Two different tones should be good here. cool.gif We could have it done in 24 hours. And both be ready to pick a new section.

This post has been edited by leedbreak: Feb 2 2009, 02:33 PM

--------------------
- leedbreak

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Feb 2 2009, 03:02 PM
QUOTE (leedbreak @ Feb 2 2009, 01:31 PM) *
Look forward to everyones takes now that we have time smile.gif

You could do the high guitar in 9-19 and be ready to mix with mine that I will post tonight, US time. Two different tones should be good here. cool.gif We could have it done in 24 hours. And both be ready to pick a new section.

That sounds like a plan. We'll do that smile.gif I might change what I played slightly as I'm positive some bits don't work. sad.gif

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic

+Quote Post
Jesse
Feb 2 2009, 03:22 PM
Section 74 till end, rythm and solo!

--------------------
Don't just play it. Feel it!

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Feb 2 2009, 03:23 PM
QUOTE (Jesse @ Feb 2 2009, 02:22 PM) *
Section 74 till end, rythm and solo!

Look forward to hearing it smile.gif

--------------------
Gear

+Quote Post
leedbreak
Feb 3 2009, 06:17 AM
Here is take 1. mellow.gif It is 9-18 as I stop so you can add the fill in 19 and the bar drop in. I will endup playing over your take instead of you playing over mine.

Attached File  9_19gtr1.mp3 ( 173.17K ) Number of downloads: 262

Attached File  9_19gtr1nbt.mp3 ( 173.17K ) Number of downloads: 267

This post has been edited by leedbreak: Feb 3 2009, 06:18 AM

--------------------
- leedbreak

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Feb 3 2009, 01:14 PM
QUOTE (leedbreak @ Feb 3 2009, 05:17 AM) *
Here is take 1. mellow.gif It is 9-18 as I stop so you can add the fill in 19 and the bar drop in. I will endup playing over your take instead of you playing over mine.

Attached File  9_19gtr1.mp3 ( 173.17K ) Number of downloads: 262

Attached File  9_19gtr1nbt.mp3 ( 173.17K ) Number of downloads: 267

I like the tone man. Much better than my tone for it. I have to say though obviously when we do final mix the drums need to be quieter and guiatar higher in mix.

--------------------
Gear

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Feb 3 2009, 02:41 PM
I can't get it to sound good sad.gif

Attached File(s)
Attached File  Pretty_Bad.mp3 ( 3.19MB ) Number of downloads: 181

--------------------
Gear

+Quote Post
Paiva
Feb 3 2009, 07:26 PM
I will try to do 29 to 39 Is that ok?

--------------------
GEAR:

Guitars:
PRS SE Custom
Epiphone SG Special
Antonio Pinto de Carvalho Classical Guitar
Fender 12 strings
[/color]

Amp:
Epiphone Studio 10s combo
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe!!!!!!!!!!

Pedals:
Kork AX5G
Boss RC-2

2nd song :) Please go check it and post something ;) (again link below)

+Quote Post
utak3r
Feb 3 2009, 07:45 PM
ok, I'm taking 49-57, and will see then, what next smile.gif

--------------------
utak3r.pl

+Quote Post
utak3r
Feb 3 2009, 09:02 PM
OK, here go bars 49-58. I recorded two rythm guitars smile.gif
Now I'm looking at the following section (58-61) so we could have this section completed.

Attached File(s)
Attached File  49_58_utak3r_bt.mp3 ( 390.74K ) Number of downloads: 159
Attached File  49_58_utak3r_nbt_git1.mp3 ( 260.53K ) Number of downloads: 149
Attached File  49_58_utak3r_nbt_git2.mp3 ( 260.53K ) Number of downloads: 159

--------------------
utak3r.pl

+Quote Post
leedbreak
Feb 4 2009, 01:58 AM
QUOTE (OrganisedConfusion @ Feb 3 2009, 07:41 AM) *
I can't get it to sound good sad.gif

I think it was pretty cool, really. The idea is top 40 in my book and the tones fit well. But maybe it is just a little young yet. Try to play the same part with out me and I will follow you and see what happens.

or you could just Play both parts as in your sample. I will look at other areas. As the leader, progrees is always key. Also as the leader, I can just write a solo and be happy.

up2 you Mate

Oh and I let the tab of just the bass and drums be my backing. Helps the drums make more since. I know the drums need some work as we go. I am no expert there either but I will say they are a tad hard to follow with out the bass a the time keeper too. I think the drums will work once all is recorded.

QUOTE (Paiva @ Feb 3 2009, 12:26 PM) *
I will try to do 29 to 39 Is that ok?

Cool

QUOTE (utak3r @ Feb 3 2009, 12:45 PM) *
ok, I'm taking 49-57, and will see then, what next smile.gif

Double cool.

QUOTE (OrganisedConfusion @ Feb 3 2009, 06:14 AM) *
I like the tone man. Much better than my tone for it. I have to say though obviously when we do final mix the drums need to be quieter and guiatar higher in mix.

Yeah I missed that one.

IMO

If you need help be sure to try it with the "bass and drums" file I posted earlier. the bass is just a midi file but it is never out of time. To me it really helps with the feel and attack while playing. And since we post it with out the backing anyway.

QUOTE (utak3r @ Feb 3 2009, 02:02 PM) *
OK, here go bars 49-58. I recorded two rythm guitars smile.gif
Now I'm looking at the following section (58-61) so we could have this section completed.

Not bad. What about making gtr 2 less distortion so the notes stand out a bit more. Gtr2 Might sound good an octive higher

This post has been edited by leedbreak: Feb 4 2009, 02:31 AM

--------------------
- leedbreak

+Quote Post
utak3r
Feb 4 2009, 02:07 AM
QUOTE (leedbreak @ Feb 4 2009, 01:58 AM) *
Not bad. What about making gtr 2 less distortion so the notes stand out a bit more. Gtr2 Might sound good an octive higher

hm, that's some idea. Will try it tomorrow smile.gif

--------------------
utak3r.pl

+Quote Post
leedbreak
Feb 4 2009, 02:30 AM
Bars picked and uder way

Bars to be picked

Bars Done

0-9 9-19 20-48 49-61 62-89

As post come up some other areas of the song are just repeats.

--------------------
- leedbreak

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Feb 4 2009, 02:34 AM
I'll take some of the bits that haven't been taken and try and get them to sound good. I can never seem to record anything that sounds good sad.gif

--------------------
Gear

+Quote Post
utak3r
Feb 4 2009, 09:47 AM
QUOTE (OrganisedConfusion @ Feb 4 2009, 02:34 AM) *
I can never seem to record anything that sounds good sad.gif

And when I'm turning recording on, suddenly I can't play well rolleyes.gif
It has to be that someone record me without notifying me, hehe....

--------------------
utak3r.pl

+Quote Post

10 Pages V  « < 6 7 8 9 10 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 01:06 PM