Gmc? Eh? ... Just Perfect!
Neurologi
Aug 31 2009, 12:19 AM
GMC:er
Greetings GMC:ers!

As things tend to do, I happened upon your remarkable resource dubbed GMC purely by coincidence.

For some reason, in a Google search I noticed a link to some exclusive In Flames lessons by the guys themselves. My initial excitement quickly wore off however when I realised they contained the usual suspects in regards to shortcomings in the execution and presentation. Yes. The material (ie. riffs and solos) itself was way cool but ... no tab, no real analytical breakdown etc. Sigh. I thought there just has to be something better than this. To be fair, this is an all too common affair. I have so many method books, videos and so forth in my possession but only a handful would I deem useful.

Not wanting to give up so easily, I tried another search and a link came to a lesson right here at GMC in the style of In Flames by Lian. Immediately, upon inspection, I recognised there is much potential here and decided quite quickly (for me at least who usually endlessly weighs up pros and cons) to sign up as a full member. The more I explore, the more I realise this is the best investment I have made in my playing in many a year. Everything here is geared to making the learning process so much more accessible. Allowing players of all levels to fully explore their desire to be all they can be. Bravo! Excellent stuff.

This little explanation may lead you to believe me a pure metal head. Well I am but have been in an ongoing love affair with Flamenco. I have only but in the last month or two resumed my studies in this vein after a lay-off of about four years. In my defence, in that time I emigrated from Australia back to my home country of Finland and in the meantime decided to undertake a Master's degree. Well now that that is pretty much winding to a close and am somewhat settled here I wish to reacquaint myself with my seven guitars! biggrin.gif

As such, I was blown away by finding such instructors here as Sergio Dorado (Flamenco) and Gerardo Siere (Classical). I have not had a flamenco guitar teacher since I left Australia and did not believe I would find one so easily ever again. My oh my!! GMC has answered my prayers for it provides the next best thing to direct one-on-one contact and maybe even better in some respects. To truly master these styles, or at least gain some proficiency in them, seeing the techniques performed is priceless.

I look forward to getting know my fellow music seekers in the community here over the course of our journey together.

Again. Bravo!

Yours in faith,
Ken

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My gear? Mesa Boogie Triaxis - TC Electronic G-Major - Marshall 9200 Dual MonoBloc (2x100W) - Fender Roc Pro 4x12 (300W) + a whole lot more!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Start new topic
Replies (1 - 19)
Sinisa Cekic
Aug 31 2009, 12:22 AM
Instructor
Great intro , welcome to GMC man! smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Jerry Arcidiacon...
Aug 31 2009, 12:25 AM
Instructor
Hi Ken, welcome to GMC smile.gif
Great to see you found your way!

--------------------

::: Main Gear :::

Guitars: Washburn N4 Vintage | Washburn N2 | Washburn WI67Pro | Washburn WG-587 | Washburn EA20B
Amps: Laney GH50L (head) | Laney GS410 & GS212IE (cabinets) | Rocktron PROGAP Ultra (rack preamp) | Rocktron Velocity 150 (power amp) | Marshall VS230 (combo)
FXs: Rocktron Intellifex + custom pedalboard (check my video demo)
Other: Shredneck | Intellitouch PT10 tuner
Picks: Esseti Picks

Software & Recording Gear: Cubase 4 | Overloud TH1 | Mackie Onyx 400F | EZdrummer | Korg Pandora PX4D

-------------------------------------------------------

myspace.com/jerryarcidiacono

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

+Quote Post
David Wallimann
Aug 31 2009, 12:27 AM
Instructor
Welcome!
That's kind of how I found GMC too! :-)

--------------------
www.youtube.com/Wallimann
www.davidwallimann.com

+Quote Post
UncleSkillet
Aug 31 2009, 12:29 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
Nice intro Ken. This is really a great community to learn from and I hope you enjoy your stay here with use. The more you post in the forums the quicker you will advance with your playing.

Welcome the GMC! smile.gif

--------------------
"Think of a guitar solo as a paragraph. You need a clear beginning, a middle, and an end. Look at musical phrases like sentences, and make sure you break them up using punctuation—or space. You pause naturally when conversing, right? If you don't, you'll bore the listener. The same thing will happen with your audience if your solo is one dimensional. You'll wear them out and lose their attention." —Tom Principato

+Quote Post
Neurologi
Aug 31 2009, 12:49 AM
Cheers, guys!

I hear ya, Uncle. The distinct impression I got very early on is the extremely supportive community here. In this case, I believe it to be (already) not just the usual word bandied around ad infinitum but actually one with some 'substance' to it.

--------------------
My gear? Mesa Boogie Triaxis - TC Electronic G-Major - Marshall 9200 Dual MonoBloc (2x100W) - Fender Roc Pro 4x12 (300W) + a whole lot more!

+Quote Post
UncleSkillet
Aug 31 2009, 12:53 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Neurologi @ Aug 30 2009, 07:49 PM) *
Cheers, guys!

I hear ya, Uncle. The distinct impression I got very early on is the extremely supportive community here. In this case, I believe it to be (already) not just the usual word bandied around ad infinitum but actually one with some 'substance' to it.

You got that right Bro! wink.gif I am not much of a classical type player, (more from the 80's) but if you have questions just post. There is always someone here that is willing to help.

Your money spent here was a great investment! smile.gif

--------------------
"Think of a guitar solo as a paragraph. You need a clear beginning, a middle, and an end. Look at musical phrases like sentences, and make sure you break them up using punctuation—or space. You pause naturally when conversing, right? If you don't, you'll bore the listener. The same thing will happen with your audience if your solo is one dimensional. You'll wear them out and lose their attention." —Tom Principato

+Quote Post
Neurologi
Aug 31 2009, 01:13 AM
QUOTE (UncleSkillet @ Aug 31 2009, 02:53 AM) *
You got that right Bro! wink.gif I am not much of a classical type player, (more from the 80's) but if you have questions just post. There is always someone here that is willing to help.

Your money spent here was a great investment! smile.gif

You are proving your point to me right there already wink.gif

The intention is though to devote equal time to both my plugged and unplugged alternate personalities in my practise. Since I am not presently playing in a band context (although that is bound to change now that I feel the bug again) the classical and flamenco resonates with me more but I always found that in some strange way the mix of modalities feed off of each other. At least for me. I do find playing an electric very much like a toy in comparison what with small scale length, thin neck ... tongue.gif As such, when switching back and forth I feel I get a boost in speed or something? Like someone just took the brakes off. Also too, I get a renewed sense of enthusiasm for whatever the particular instrument lends itself to ...

--------------------

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Aug 31 2009, 01:16 AM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
Cool introduction, welcome to GMC Ken! smile.gif

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Santiago Diaz Ga...
Aug 31 2009, 01:32 AM
Nice intro man!. Welcome to the site. Hope to see you around on a Collaboration so we can hear you wink.gif

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
Aug 31 2009, 02:12 AM
Instructor
That was a nice read. Welcome to the site smile.gif

--------------------
Check out my <a href="https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/instructor/Emir-Hot" target="_blank">Instructor profile</a>

www.emirhot.com
www.myspace.com/emirhotguitar
www.myspace.com/sevdahmetal

+Quote Post
kahall
Aug 31 2009, 02:27 AM
Learning Roadie
Good intro. Welcome to the site.

--------------------
Had a guitar hanging, just about waist high, and we are going to play these things until the day we die.

+Quote Post
NoSkill
Aug 31 2009, 02:31 AM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Nice intro man. I feel the same way. Welcome to GMC!

--------------------

Still looking for my soul mate, guitar.

+Quote Post
Neurologi
Aug 31 2009, 02:46 AM
QUOTE (Santiago Diaz Garces @ Aug 31 2009, 03:32 AM) *
Nice intro man!. Welcome to the site. Hope to see you around on a Collaboration so we can hear you wink.gif

Just been reading what all this Collaboration business is about and sure looks a treat! Ok. Retubing the Triaxis is on the priority list again .... cool.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Aug 31 2009, 02:57 AM
Instructor
Nice introduction! Welcome! Enjoy the site. smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
audiopaal
Aug 31 2009, 07:54 AM
Competitions Coordinator - Up the Irons
Great introduction smile.gif

Welcome to GMC!

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Aug 31 2009, 07:59 AM
GMC Founder
Very cool intro Ken -welcome to GMC! biggrin.gif Also - style diversity is a blessing.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Aug 31 2009, 09:56 AM
Instructor
Excellent introduction post Ken. Welcome to GMC ! smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Bondy
Aug 31 2009, 10:57 AM
Learning Roadie
Cool intro welcome to GMC

--------------------
www.minorglance.com
www.facebook.com/minorglance
www.facbook.com/majorlookband
www.twiter.com/minorglance

+Quote Post
Stephane Lucarel...
Aug 31 2009, 10:57 AM
Instructor
Welcome to GMC Ken, a pleasure to have you here!
smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 08:24 PM