Gear Lust: Boutique Pedals
Todd Simpson
Apr 12 2012, 12:32 AM
GMC:er
I know that some pricey boutique pedals are just cheap chinese pedals with a new shiny hand painted case thrown on and a couple hundred bux added to the price. But still, I can't manage not to stare each time I'm in my fav indie owned music shop (Atlanta Discount Music here in town) and I have to try a few.

Some of these sound just awesome, no matter where they were made and all of them are crazy expensive for the most part. As I'm messing with them, I'm trying to figure out how to recreate the sound in software/plugins/guitar rig etc. So far I've been able to get close on most of it.

Do you guys recogize these or have any "BOUTIQUE PEDALS" you'd kill to keep?

Attached Image
Attached Image

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
PosterBoy
Apr 12 2012, 09:15 AM
Learning Roadie
My most boutique is the Xotic BB preamp + and the OCD v4, but they are going to be sold along with everything else.

They've been gathering dust since the Axe FX was bought 3.5 years ago

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My SoundCloud

Gear
Tyler Burning Water 2K
Burny RLG90 with BK Emeralds
Fender US Tele with BK Piledrivers
Epiphone 335 with Suhr Thornbuckers
PRS SE Custom 24-08
Ax8

Fessenden SD10 PSG
Quilter TT15

+Quote Post
llibach
Apr 12 2012, 09:21 PM
Learning Rock Star
Not really a effect geek but I just bought a boutique fuzz called the sarcophagus from a company called Black Arts toneworks, that thing is filthy. Tons of dirt but cleans up nice too for an overdrive sound. Plus it's two fuzz boxes in one.

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Apr 12 2012, 09:40 PM
GMC:er
QUOTE (PosterBoy @ Apr 12 2012, 04:15 AM) *
My most boutique is the Xotic BB preamp + and the OCD v4, but they are going to be sold along with everything else.

They've been gathering dust since the Axe FX was bought 3.5 years ago

Hard to compete with AXE FX! Such an amazing device. It's almost like I married my multifx/plugins, but am cheating now and again with indvidual pedals. The good news is, the multi fx don't get jealous.

QUOTE (llibach @ Apr 12 2012, 04:21 PM) *
Not really a effect geek but I just bought a boutique fuzz called the sarcophagus from a company called Black Arts toneworks, that thing is filthy. Tons of dirt but cleans up nice too for an overdrive sound. Plus it's two fuzz boxes in one.

Spiff smile.gif Post a recording if possible. Love to hear it!

Todd

+Quote Post
llibach
Apr 12 2012, 10:02 PM
Learning Rock Star

Spiff smile.gif Post a recording if possible. Love to hear it!

Todd
[/quote]
Ye man no problem, try and get to the practice place over the weekend and play it through the marshall for a better sound. And i'll play it through the randall combo if I can get the house to myself for a while wink.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 04:18 PM