24 Pages V  « < 13 14 15 16 17 > »   
Gas. What Next?
Mertay
Jan 18 2016, 11:53 PM
GMC:er
biggrin.gif not exaust but things are a bit busier these days, I tend to write shorter if I have stuff in my head I must get rid of smile.gif

How you approach to a backing is cool right now, feeling the groove and enjoying it smile.gif but as you progress you'll notice its actually lesser about how you feel but how to make the listener feel in a certain way if that makes sense smile.gif

Then stuff like when the snare hits, a certain chords etc. will affect your playing when you feel more comfortable with the fretboard and listen more to the backing. Sure it takes time to get there but it will happen eventually smile.gif

You can make a test recording to pre-adjust the levels. Just jam a few notes from the guitar, record and listen then do any adjustments needed from the DAW or amp.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Mertay: Jan 18 2016, 11:55 PM

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jan 19 2016, 02:56 AM
Just as an aside, i've been testing the Iconnectivity 4+ which has four inputs and it's darn spiff. For the money, it's hard to beat. They go about #299. It has very flexible internal routing but that's nothing to worry about now. In short its a great four input usb interface that can put up to four tracks on four separate tracks on your daw So you could do two or three mics and a direct input all at the same time smile.gif

http://www.iconnectivity.com/

QUOTE (Phil66 @ Jan 18 2016, 07:50 AM) *
Thanks Mertay,
I see, I thought quad capture would be four simultaneous rolleyes.gif but it has four inputs just only two at a time, they are combination XLR and TRS.
When the time is right I'll put a new thread out about interfaces.

Cheers dude smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Phil66
Jan 19 2016, 09:30 AM
Learning Apprentice Player
QUOTE (Mertay @ Jan 18 2016, 10:53 PM) *
biggrin.gif not exaust but things are a bit busier these days, I tend to write shorter if I have stuff in my head I must get rid of smile.gif

How you approach to a backing is cool right now, feeling the groove and enjoying it smile.gif but as you progress you'll notice its actually lesser about how you feel but how to make the listener feel in a certain way if that makes sense smile.gif

Then stuff like when the snare hits, a certain chords etc. will affect your playing when you feel more comfortable with the fretboard and listen more to the backing. Sure it takes time to get there but it will happen eventually smile.gif

You can make a test recording to pre-adjust the levels. Just jam a few notes from the guitar, record and listen then do any adjustments needed from the DAW or amp.

Thanks Mertay,
I really have appreciated your help and I haven't intentionally taken advantage of you kindness I just tend to get really interested with things like this and my enthusiasm takes over. Please please always tell me when you don't have time and please never feel obliged to answer quickly. If you don't answer, I 100% understand, I really don't expect you to put me before your own work, projects and hobbies.
I feel bad about it now. Sorry mate.

QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Jan 19 2016, 01:56 AM) *
Just as an aside, i've been testing the Iconnectivity 4+ which has four inputs and it's darn spiff. For the money, it's hard to beat. They go about #299. It has very flexible internal routing but that's nothing to worry about now. In short its a great four input usb interface that can put up to four tracks on four separate tracks on your daw So you could do two or three mics and a direct input all at the same time smile.gif

http://www.iconnectivity.com/

Thanks Todd that looks great.
I'll check it out later. Can you mute the output from a signal but still record it, like I can in GT001? Or do you know how to do that in Reaper?

Cheers mate smile.gif

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jan 26 2016, 09:12 AM
The internal routing/mixing is insanely flexible so yeah you can mute or route anything you like wink.gif

QUOTE (Phil66 @ Jan 19 2016, 03:30 AM) *
Thanks Todd that looks great.
I'll check it out later. Can you mute the output from a signal but still record it, like I can in GT001? Or do you know how to do that in Reaper?

Cheers mate smile.gif

+Quote Post
Phil66
Jan 26 2016, 09:31 AM
Thanks Todd,
So I can definitely stop my mic'd guitar coming from the monitors while I'm still recording it? Sorry to be a pain but I really want to be sure because I mic the amp right by my desk so you can appreciate the problems if the signal is getting to the monitors wink.gif
Cheers dude

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jan 27 2016, 06:19 AM
You can route and monitor it any way you like. Only problem is the software control of the routing/monitoring can be confusing so it may be easier just to turn off monitoring of such tracks inside your daw. You can still record/arm a track without monitoring it. smile.gif IT's tough having your amps in the same space as your monitors. thus the iso cab.s However, for recording, you can put your amp/cab in a closet somewhere and use it as an Iso booth. Because at the end of the day, what is coming through the monitors is FAR more important during recording. What you hear through your desk monitors is what you will hear during the mix so just trusting the amp and hoping for the best can be very frustrating. sad.gif

QUOTE (Phil66 @ Jan 26 2016, 03:31 AM) *
Thanks Todd,
So I can definitely stop my mic'd guitar coming from the monitors while I'm still recording it? Sorry to be a pain but I really want to be sure because I mic the amp right by my desk so you can appreciate the problems if the signal is getting to the monitors wink.gif
Cheers dude

+Quote Post
Phil66
Jan 27 2016, 06:31 AM
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Jan 27 2016, 05:19 AM) *
Because at the end of the day, what is coming through the monitors is FAR more important during recording. What you hear through your desk monitors is what you will hear during the mix so just trusting the amp and hoping for the best can be very frustrating. sad.gif

Thanks Todd, very valid comment but my closets are full in every room rolleyes.gif so for now I am experimenting by playing and listening in order to get what I want sound wise. I don't know why, but playing through an amp feels sweet compared to software.
Before I buy I'll have a play with Reaper to see how to turn off monitoring. I've seen the button on each track but it doesn't seem to do anything.
Cheers buddy smile.gif

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Mertay
Jan 28 2016, 10:56 PM
Opened reaper (downloaded latest version today), just pressed the red record button on the track and hit record...and it recorded without sound.

As for recording with amp, always take a short test recording to hear how your tone is. Once the eq's are adjusted on the amp its ok to monitor from the amp in the same room. You will have to memorise the eq's by ear from the amp though,it will take time but will be very rewarding.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Phil66
Jan 30 2016, 09:07 PM
Thanks Mertay,
I've tried clicking on the record monitor monitor button (below the pan knob) but I always get sound from the track. I don't know what else to do.

Cheers dude

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jan 30 2016, 09:32 PM
Have you tried turning OFF the monitor button? As long as the track is armed it will still record smile.gif

QUOTE (Phil66 @ Jan 30 2016, 03:07 PM) *
Thanks Mertay,
I've tried clicking on the record monitor monitor button (below the pan knob) but I always get sound from the track. I don't know what else to do.

Cheers dude

+Quote Post
Phil66
Jan 30 2016, 09:53 PM
Thanks Todd,
Track 5 on the image below, still puts sound out to the monitors, I've cycled through all of the options on the record monitor button. I don't want to buy my new interface until i get this right, may though, it's something to do with the GT-001?

Cheers buddy

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Mertay
Jan 31 2016, 09:53 PM
direct monitoring might need to be turned off (from soundcard)?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Phil66
Jan 31 2016, 10:14 PM
Thanks Mertay, I've had a quick look and can't find that, I'll look again tomorrow.

Cheers buddy.

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Phil66
Feb 5 2016, 12:01 PM
Nope. Still can't find anything obvious sad.gif

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Mertay
Feb 5 2016, 12:09 PM
QUOTE (Phil66 @ Feb 5 2016, 11:01 AM) *
Nope. Still can't find anything obvious sad.gif

I remember nooding with my reapers gui sometime ago and some things never reverted, might be a good idea to ask the reaper forum.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Phil66
Feb 5 2016, 06:17 PM
Thanks Mertay,

I tried that some time ago and got no answer. I'll try again this evening smile.gif

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Mertay
Feb 5 2016, 07:02 PM
QUOTE (Phil66 @ Feb 5 2016, 05:17 PM) *
Thanks Mertay,

I tried that some time ago and got no answer. I'll try again this evening smile.gif

I still suspect it might be a soundcard thing but lets be patient to make sure its not a reaper thing. On the reaper forum, make sure to share your gt001 input/output routing too just incase.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Phil66
Feb 5 2016, 08:11 PM
Thanks Mertay,

What do you mean with input output routing?

Cheers

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Mertay
Feb 5 2016, 09:00 PM
QUOTE (Phil66 @ Feb 5 2016, 07:11 PM) *
Thanks Mertay,

What do you mean with input output routing?

Cheers

You know, the funky routing you had to ask at the reaper forum when setting the gt001 for re-amping smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Phil66
Feb 5 2016, 09:10 PM
Ahh, sorry DOH rolleyes.gif

The thing is I don't always use that reamping and I still get the same problem with a normal single track recording, I think it's best I don't confuse them with that one biggrin.gif wink.gif

Cheers Mertay.

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post

24 Pages V  « < 13 14 15 16 17 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 07:49 AM