What Metal Subgenre Is My Song?, Upcoming material
thefireball
Jun 22 2021, 03:47 PM
Learning Roadie
UPDATE: VIDEO PLAYTHROUGH IS ON YOUTUBE
(scroll down to see embedded video)

Hi everyone, Brandon here,

It's been a while. Still rocking and rolling. I've got a collab that I've been working on with an internet friend, and as it nears release time I've been thinking on how to classify this. I want to make the subgenre as part of the title on YouTube. But I can't classify what this would be.

What subgenre of metal would you call this track? Thanks so much for listening, you guys are the first ones to hear this in its completion.

Brandon aka fireball

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by thefireball: Jul 5 2021, 03:01 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jun 22 2021, 04:12 PM
Instructor
Hi Brandon! Nice to hear from you!!

This is a killer tune! I like it. It combines Metalcore with Shredding and Melody. One name that comes to mind is Andy James. I also can hear some Killswitch Engage influences, but this sounds more modern.

What about.... Modern Shreddy Melodic Metalcore. ? biggrin.gif MSMM

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
MonkeyDAthos
Jun 22 2021, 04:38 PM
GMC:er
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Jun 22 2021, 04:12 PM) *
Hi Brandon! Nice to hear from you!!

This is a killer tune! I like it. It combines Metalcore with Shredding and Melody. One name that comes to mind is Andy James. I also can hear some Killswitch Engage influences, but this sounds more modern.

What about.... Modern Shreddy Melodic Metalcore. ? biggrin.gif MSMM

+1 Would call it Melodic Metalcore as well biggrin.gif That was an awesome song! Awesome Job Brandon!

This post has been edited by MonkeyDAthos: Jun 22 2021, 04:39 PM

--------------------
It's a proven fact that guitar faces have a bigger impact on tone than wood does.

+Quote Post
FreePizza
Jun 22 2021, 05:43 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
I'm really not great at identifying genres/sub-genres so I can't help there but I can say that I love this track. Excellent playing! 🤘🤘

+Quote Post
thefireball
Jun 22 2021, 06:00 PM
Learning Roadie
Thanks for the kind words and suggestions! We had a blast doing this and we both became better guitar players for it. He is working on the artwork, and the video is nearly edited. For context, I start out playing, and then he picks up in the chorus and then the second verse, and then I pick back up again in the second chorus. Then he shines through during the bridge, and which we play together at the end. The outro is our favorite part I think. He is responsible for coming up with the lower melodic section in the outro. And I told him, why not I harmonize with you because that sounds so epic! So I played the higher harmony.

This post has been edited by thefireball: Jun 22 2021, 06:19 PM

+Quote Post
PosterBoy
Jun 22 2021, 07:49 PM
Learning Roadie
Man That ROCKS!!!!

I agree with the others I hear some All That Remains and Andy James in there

--------------------
My SoundCloud

Gear
Tyler Burning Water 2K
Burny RLG90 with BK Emeralds
Fender US Tele with BK Piledrivers
Epiphone 335 with Suhr Thornbuckers
PRS SE Custom 24-08
Ax8

Fessenden SD10 PSG
Quilter TT15

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jun 23 2021, 12:00 AM
Great to see you!! It's been way to long!!! Great tune. I'd also say melodic metal core smile.gif Are you going to be putting it up on the streaming services? Are you going to be making a video? Catch us up on what's been going on with you? We missed ya!! Where ya been?

Also, who worked on it?

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Jun 23 2021, 12:01 AM

+Quote Post
thefireball
Jun 23 2021, 01:34 AM
Learning Roadie
Thanks again fellas. The guy I collabed with is Thomas Burton, a YouTube personality of BRStv - an aquarium reefing channel. He lives in Canada. We connected through our fishkeeping hobbies - although he is a more experienced fish keeper than I. I haven't delved into saltwater - only freshwater. We found we both played and liked metal guitar and he proposed a collab - so we did. smile.gif

> Teaser stills from the upcoming collab <

Yes, we will be putting the song up on the streaming services, as well as YouTube smile.gif We both filmed ourselves and I've edited the video now - just waiting to drop in the artwork at the end to promote it. Then we will set a date for release.

As for me, I have been uploading covers the past year. Here's my latest - been working a lot on my lighting and post production. This was shot on my old Canon T5i. Notice I said old wink.gif

Cinematic-style covers

New Camera
I now work at a local camera store selling cameras - so I bought me a new camera than can shoot 4K! (Sony A7C) This collab will feature my new camera quality, and I can't wait! I may film a video before this collab comes out - we'll see if it hits YT first or not. This is one of those mirrorless cameras, and I gotta say that it is crazy good at autofocus! Much better in lowlight too. It's lightyears ahead of what my old Canon Rebel was.

Attached Image

New Computer
But, the project which came before saving up for this new 4K camera was my first PC build. A new machine was a must because my old laptop could barely edit 1080p anymore. So it was a prerequisite before I could ever think about a 4K camera laugh.gif Now I can edit multicam 4K and play games - and most importantly create music.

Attached Image

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jun 23 2021, 06:54 AM
Awesome! Your vids look great and sound great. Super congrats on your new job!!! Never hurts to get discounts on cameras. 4k is a great workflow to be sure. It does require some beefy gear! I hope we see more of you around here! would love to have you jump in on a collab!

Here is Brandons upboxing of his 4K Video monitor! For working in 4k you gotta have a 4k monitor imho!! Some folks work in 4k and only have a 2k monitor. This seems just a bit silly. After all, if your monitor can't display 4k, how can you hope to see what's going on? Good call getting a monitor to handle the pixels!!

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Jun 23 2021, 06:59 AM

+Quote Post
thefireball
Jun 23 2021, 02:37 PM
Learning Roadie
Thanks! Yes sir Todd!

A word about hardware and limitations for anyone interested.

I have an Nvidia RTX 3060 and in true 4K multicam editing, and it is clocking in at 100% GPU utilization with 5 cams going! blink.gif And that's with the VFX disabled. So the 3060 is at its limit - it's doable for an edit, but really I think 4 multicams would work better on this hardware. I'm waiting on the list with EVGA to get the 3060Ti, which is what I really wanted to begin with. The EVGA waiting list is how I got the 3060.

Attached Image

I remember when I got this 4K monitor and I looked at my old 1080p footage and was like - eww. But now I have this 4K camera footage and it looks awesome on this display. And I can also enjoy other creators' work uploading in 4K.

And since I don't do competitive gaming, I only need 60hz - My focus is color accuracy. That's one thing for people to consider in choosing a monitor - or I supposed if you have the cash, you could buy a 4K 240hz monitor laugh.gif not me though.

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jun 23 2021, 02:50 PM
Instructor
I've been checking your youtube channel Brandon and the quality of everything is outstanding! Congratulations on your amazing job mate.
Your journey is very inspiring for all of us so I hope to see more from you at the forum. biggrin.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
thefireball
Jul 5 2021, 02:25 PM
Learning Roadie
GUITAR PLAYTHROUGH IS FINALLY HERE! cool.gif

DOWNLOAD IT HERE: https://brandonburch.bandcamp.com/track/chi...t-thomas-burton

SOFTWARE INFO:
Brandon Burch:
- Amp sim: LECTO by LePou / Cab sim: "ML Sound Lab's Best IR in the World"
Thomas Burton:
- Amp sim: Amped - Roots by ML Sound Lab / Cab sim: Stock (built-in IR)

- Amps/cabs preceded by TSE Audio 808 overdrive
- Post processing was done on signal chains
- Strings powered by Nucleus Lite Edition by Audio Imperia
- Lead synths powered by Syntronik by IK Multimedia
- Bass Guitar played by Loki Bass 2: "LokiGlass1"
- Drums powered by GGD One Kit Wonder: Metal
- Audio edited in Reaper
- Video edited / graded in Davinci Resolve Studio 17

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jul 5 2021, 03:52 PM
Instructor
Killer job!! I've really enjoyed the tune. The melody at 01:07 is memorable. I love when that happens in a metalcore context. The second time that the part appears you both play a different arrangement together and it also sounds great.

The mix and video quality are outstanding.

Congratulations!!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
thefireball
Jul 5 2021, 09:50 PM
Learning Roadie
Thank you Gabe!

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jul 6 2021, 01:46 AM
WOW. Everything about this awesome. The production is top not in terms of sound and visual and the mix sounds great and the playing is just killer. As a bonus the writing is also top notch. You have really come a long long way since way back in the day and it's great to see. Super congrats on your progress. This is a great collab.

+Quote Post
thefireball
Jul 6 2021, 02:47 AM
Learning Roadie
Thanks so much Todd. It's great to have you all here who were with me from the beginning and gave me the guidance I needed.

This post has been edited by thefireball: Jul 6 2021, 02:47 AM

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jul 8 2021, 12:26 AM
You've made such HUGE gains over the years that it makes me proud as instructor to have been part of your journey smile.gif It's also great to see you active in the forums again. We lost touch with you for a bit and it's great to see you back smile.gif

QUOTE (thefireball @ Jul 5 2021, 09:47 PM) *
Thanks so much Todd. It's great to have you all here who were with me from the beginning and gave me the guidance I needed.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 05:53 PM