Shadoweddime's Mtp Thread
Emir Hot
Sep 5 2009, 04:25 PM
Instructor
Hi shadoweddime

Finally we have it all set and ready to go smile.gif I hope we will both have some good experience with this. The first thing I would like to know is what you would like to learn and we can take it from there. Please write down your current playing abilities, post some recordings or a video (if you have) and specify which area you would like to focus on. That can be anything from theory, technique, some of my lessons - just whatever you want. I am looking forward to this and I hope that you will learn many useful things throughout this program.

All the best
Emir

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Check out my <a href="https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/instructor/Emir-Hot" target="_blank">Instructor profile</a>

www.emirhot.com
www.myspace.com/emirhotguitar
www.myspace.com/sevdahmetal
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
shadoweddime
Sep 9 2009, 05:06 PM
GMC:er
QUOTE (Emir Hot @ Sep 5 2009, 04:25 PM) *
Hi shadoweddime

Finally we have it all set and ready to go smile.gif I hope we will both have some good experience with this. The first thing I would like to know is what you would like to learn and we can take it from there. Please write down your current playing abilities, post some recordings or a video (if you have) and specify which area you would like to focus on. That can be anything from theory, technique, some of my lessons - just whatever you want. I am looking forward to this and I hope that you will learn many useful things throughout this program.

All the best
Emir

Hi Emir, i've been playing for a few years now, but am totally self taught, i have reached a point where i feel that i cannot teach myself further and have probebly picked up some bad habits. I love all forms of music but i am predomitably a heavy metal guitarist, taking inspiration from bands such as pantera, mors principium est, arch enemy,symphony x, love the neoclassical style but not really good enough yet to emulate it! . i would like to concentrate on my rythem and lead playing, and learn to write in different time signatures, keys etc, i have a lot to learn when it come to lead techniques and theory and i hope you can help me ! please view my attached videos and judge for yourself
thanks. shadowedime

rhythm playing
Attached File  171833.wmv ( 21.22MB ) Number of downloads: 136

lead playing, please excuse the pickup malfunction doh ! lol
Attached File  150206.wmv ( 20.45MB ) Number of downloads: 119

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by shadoweddime: Sep 10 2009, 02:38 AM

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
Sep 10 2009, 04:17 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (shadoweddime @ Sep 9 2009, 05:06 PM) *
Hi Emir, i've been playing for a few years now, but am totally self taught, i have reached a point where i feel that i cannot teach myself further and have probebly picked up some bad habits. I love all forms of music but i am predomitably a heavy metal guitarist, taking inspiration from bands such as pantera, mors principium est, arch enemy,symphony x, love the neoclassical style but not really good enough yet to emulate it! . i would like to concentrate on my rythem and lead playing, and learn to write in different time signatures, keys etc, i have a lot to learn when it come to lead techniques and theory and i hope you can help me ! please view my attached videos and judge for yourself
thanks. shadowedime

Thanks for the videos. You have a solid rhythm feel. I noticed that you're using economy picking. You should also try to alternate. We can do some useful stuff during this MTP program if you find at least an hour a day. In order to be able to play in key changes you need to learn scales and modes. Do you know all major scale shapes (5 position system)? That can be a good exercise for AP and at the same time improve your scale and theory knowledge. Let me know if you are happy to start with this? Many other guys are doing it now in my MTP group. That will help you with everything later.

About neoclassical style we can start with some simple stuff. Do you want to try my Neoclassical Solo For Beginners lesson? There you can learn about some other scales such as Phrygian Dominant.

--------------------
Check out my <a href="https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/instructor/Emir-Hot" target="_blank">Instructor profile</a>

www.emirhot.com

+Quote Post
shadoweddime
Sep 11 2009, 03:15 PM
QUOTE (Emir Hot @ Sep 10 2009, 04:17 PM) *
Thanks for the videos. You have a solid rhythm feel. I noticed that you're using economy picking. You should also try to alternate. We can do some useful stuff during this MTP program if you find at least an hour a day. In order to be able to play in key changes you need to learn scales and modes. Do you know all major scale shapes (5 position system)? That can be a good exercise for AP and at the same time improve your scale and theory knowledge. Let me know if you are happy to start with this? Many other guys are doing it now in my MTP group. That will help you with everything later.

About neoclassical style we can start with some simple stuff. Do you want to try my Neoclassical Solo For Beginners lesson? There you can learn about some other scales such as Phrygian Dominant.

Hi Emir thanks for the comments.
yeah i'd love to start as you have suggested, i have just finished your climax in a solo lesson which was awesome by the way, i will now start on the neo classical one. In regards to practise i can practice approximatly 3 hrs per day maybe more we shall see how uni goes lol
please view my attempt at your lesson " climax in a solo" but be aware something is a bit off with the sound it goes kinda weird i think my webcam cannot handle both my guitar sound and the backing track at the same time lol
i have also started on your turkish march lesson which is awesome !
Attached File  150317.wmv ( 5.77MB ) Number of downloads: 119
climax in a solo
shaddowedime

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
Sep 12 2009, 01:06 PM
Instructor
Nice attempt on my Climax lesson. You have some wrong notes but never mind. You need to practice vibrato. It is very inconsistent and not controled well. Vibrate from the wrist. Neoclassical Solo For Beginners should help you with that. Also I noticed that you have very uncomfortable body shape when playing. You should sit straight and relax. The right hand also looks strange. You might be comfortable like that but I think with that hand position you are limited and can't play all the notes clean. Picking should be combination of moving wrist and fingers (the ones that hold the pick) while the other right hand fingers (3, 4 and 5) should be relaxed and float in the air. I am waiting for the neoclassical lesson.

This chart is also what I want you to learn.

Check Dexxter's MTP thread and the video he played this exercise. Hi did a great job with this one in just 1 day. I also recorded a video explaining this chart on his MTP thread. This will help you move in key changes a lot and it's a great picking exercise.

Talk soon smile.gif

--------------------

www.emirhot.com

+Quote Post
shadoweddime
Sep 13 2009, 09:55 PM
QUOTE (Emir Hot @ Sep 12 2009, 01:06 PM) *
Nice attempt on my Climax lesson. You have some wrong notes but never mind. You need to practice vibrato. It is very inconsistent and not controled well. Vibrate from the wrist. Neoclassical Solo For Beginners should help you with that. Also I noticed that you have very uncomfortable body shape when playing. You should sit straight and relax. The right hand also looks strange. You might be comfortable like that but I think with that hand position you are limited and can't play all the notes clean. Picking should be combination of moving wrist and fingers (the ones that hold the pick) while the other right hand fingers (3, 4 and 5) should be relaxed and float in the air. I am waiting for the neoclassical lesson.

This chart is also what I want you to learn.

Check Dexxter's MTP thread and the video he played this exercise. Hi did a great job with this one in just 1 day. I also recorded a video explaining this chart on his MTP thread. This will help you move in key changes a lot and it's a great picking exercise.

Talk soon smile.gif

Hi Emir, just wanted to show you the first attempt on the neoclassical piece. Obviously it is only a first draft and i will continue to practice it. Thanks for viewing my other vids and for your criticism, i didn't realise i had so many basic faults e.g vibrato, hand position lol
simon/ shadowedime
ps how do i get onto someone elses MTP thread?
Attached File  213508.wmv ( 6.18MB ) Number of downloads: 166

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
Sep 13 2009, 11:00 PM
Instructor
There are many wrong notes but you said it's a draft smile.gif In this one you played vibrato really nice especially with the 1st finger. That's a good direction we want to go. I am waiting for more...

This is Dexxter's thread

--------------------

www.emirhot.com

+Quote Post
shadoweddime
Sep 15 2009, 04:03 PM
QUOTE (Emir Hot @ Sep 13 2009, 11:00 PM) *
There are many wrong notes but you said it's a draft smile.gif In this one you played vibrato really nice especially with the 1st finger. That's a good direction we want to go. I am waiting for more...

This is Dexxter's thread

Hi Emir this is a vid of me playing the first 3 positions of the major scale. I am working on the other two as we speak, i have also done a vid of the first pat of your ap exersice enjoy. simon
major scale vid
Attached File  155410.wmv ( 888.25K ) Number of downloads: 102

AP lesson (not perfect)Attached File  160146.wmv ( 755.41K ) Number of downloads: 98

+Quote Post
Jesse
Sep 15 2009, 04:21 PM
Sorry to interfere, but I got something I have to say.

DUDE, THAT'S ARBOK!

--------------------
Don't just play it. Feel it!

+Quote Post
shadoweddime
Sep 15 2009, 04:29 PM
QUOTE (Jesse @ Sep 15 2009, 04:21 PM) *
Sorry to interfere, but I got something I have to say.

DUDE, THAT'S ARBOK!

say what ? lol

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
Sep 17 2009, 02:49 PM
Instructor
In your first video (first 3 positions) you have some wrong notes. Go back and look carefuly in that chart. There is also 1 wrong note in the AP lesson. Try not to stick the little finger on the guitar body. Make it float in the air. You need to relax much more when playing. Your video frame rate is low so I can't really see whether you're using alternate picking. All these things should be strict AP, make sure you get that right. I am waiting for more stuff. So far we're doing well smile.gif

--------------------

www.emirhot.com

+Quote Post
shadoweddime
Sep 18 2009, 05:25 PM
QUOTE (Emir Hot @ Sep 17 2009, 02:49 PM) *
In your first video (first 3 positions) you have some wrong notes. Go back and look carefuly in that chart. There is also 1 wrong note in the AP lesson. Try not to stick the little finger on the guitar body. Make it float in the air. You need to relax much more when playing. Your video frame rate is low so I can't really see whether you're using alternate picking. All these things should be strict AP, make sure you get that right. I am waiting for more stuff. So far we're doing well smile.gif

Hi Emir, just an update on the neo classical lesson, i think it is getting there!. i have changed my right hand position , but i have to admit i am finding it really uncomfotable at the moment! my right hand feels really unsupported and awkward but hopefully this will pass with more practice
simonAttached File  171731.wmv ( 6.93MB ) Number of downloads: 112

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
Sep 21 2009, 02:27 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (shadoweddime @ Sep 18 2009, 05:25 PM) *
Hi Emir, just an update on the neo classical lesson, i think it is getting there!. i have changed my right hand position , but i have to admit i am finding it really uncomfotable at the moment! my right hand feels really unsupported and awkward but hopefully this will pass with more practice
simonAttached File  171731.wmv ( 6.93MB ) Number of downloads: 112

Not bad smile.gif There are wrong notes in some parts. I believe you can hear when something doesn't sound 100% smile.gif Check the tab. According to the look of the person in the bed we can say that you're doing pretty well smile.gif I saw a happy face smile.gif That diminished arpeggio at 0:40 wasn't good. It goes in triplets, not in 8th notes - should be faster than you're playing. Therefore you don't have enough notes to finish the phrase. Vibrato is too fast. You need to vibrate in 8th notes feel. You're vibrating in triplets so it sounds a bit more agressive than it should be.

About the right hand, there is a reason for that. If you stick your finger to the body you're very limited when picking. You can't move your wrist. Picking should be a combination of wrist and finger movement. If you hold the pinky on the body you can only pick with finger not with the wrist that much. I know it feels strange now because you're used to different hand position but I am sure you'll start feeling it more once you're about to play some more advanced and faster solos.

Have you done that chart?

Good job so far, we're moving on smile.gif

--------------------

www.emirhot.com

+Quote Post
shadoweddime
Sep 27 2009, 02:08 PM
QUOTE (Emir Hot @ Sep 21 2009, 02:27 AM) *
Not bad smile.gif There are wrong notes in some parts. I believe you can hear when something doesn't sound 100% smile.gif Check the tab. According to the look of the person in the bed we can say that you're doing pretty well smile.gif I saw a happy face smile.gif That diminished arpeggio at 0:40 wasn't good. It goes in triplets, not in 8th notes - should be faster than you're playing. Therefore you don't have enough notes to finish the phrase. Vibrato is too fast. You need to vibrate in 8th notes feel. You're vibrating in triplets so it sounds a bit more agressive than it should be.

About the right hand, there is a reason for that. If you stick your finger to the body you're very limited when picking. You can't move your wrist. Picking should be a combination of wrist and finger movement. If you hold the pinky on the body you can only pick with finger not with the wrist that much. I know it feels strange now because you're used to different hand position but I am sure you'll start feeling it more once you're about to play some more advanced and faster solos.

Have you done that chart?

Good job so far, we're moving on smile.gif

Hi Emir yeah i have been working on the chart you set which is going fine, looking forward to seeing what you set next biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
Sep 29 2009, 12:33 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (shadoweddime @ Sep 27 2009, 02:08 PM) *
Hi Emir yeah i have been working on the chart you set which is going fine, looking forward to seeing what you set next biggrin.gif

Can we see the video of that so we can move on? I want to make sure that you learned it all so I know I can make a new lesson for you to utilize all we've learned.

--------------------

www.emirhot.com

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
Oct 4 2009, 03:04 PM
Instructor
How is it going?

Tomorrow I am leaving for a whole week and back on the next Monday.

--------------------

www.emirhot.com

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
Oct 16 2009, 02:27 PM
Instructor
Hi. I am back from my trip now. Have you been working on the things we have mentioned earlier? According to the new MTP rules I need to give you assignment every week.

--------------------

www.emirhot.com

+Quote Post
shadoweddime
Oct 17 2009, 11:06 PM
QUOTE (Emir Hot @ Oct 16 2009, 02:27 PM) *
Hi. I am back from my trip now. Have you been working on the things we have mentioned earlier? According to the new MTP rules I need to give you assignment every week.

hi Emir sorry i have not been in contact in a bit i'm not very well at the moment, i will get back too you very soon, when i feel better than i do now
thank you for you patience
simon

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
Oct 18 2009, 02:40 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (shadoweddime @ Oct 17 2009, 11:06 PM) *
hi Emir sorry i have not been in contact in a bit i'm not very well at the moment, i will get back too you very soon, when i feel better than i do now
thank you for you patience
simon

Ok Simon, let me know when you're ready again. Cheers smile.gif

--------------------

www.emirhot.com

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 09:11 PM