How Hard Is It To Replace A Loaded Pickguard?
Praetorian
Jan 22 2009, 08:26 PM
Learning Apprentice Player & Challenge Star
I have Texas Specials installed in my Mexi strat and am forced to sell the guitar. I want to keep the pickups and possibly install them in my new strat someday...so I bought a stock pickup loaded pickguard and want to do the swap. I have no experience with guitar wiring but do have some experience with soldering and minor electrical work. I looked for a video on youtube showing you how to install a loaded pickguard but couldn't find one. Any advice from you guys?

Thanks!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Ben

Fender American Standard Stratocaster
Ibanez RG4EXQM1
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Profanity
Jan 22 2009, 09:00 PM
GMC:er
could this site help?
http://guitarstrangler.com/how%20to.html

(didnt read it completely, just thought of a fast answer:))

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jan 23 2009, 01:01 AM
Instructor
If you know how to solder it is very easy to do it. You have only 2 places to solder, to input jack, and the ground wire. When you take off the old pickguard, check out where these wires are soldered, unsolder them, and resolder them to the same points on the new pickguard.

BTW Check out is the new pickguard screw holes and everything match before you start soldering anything!

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Jan 23 2009, 06:33 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
You should be able to do this alone!! It only has 2 points for soldering...Just make sure when taking everything off that you remember where those input jack wires (and ground wire) go.Good luck!

This post has been edited by Bogdan Radovic: Jan 23 2009, 06:33 PM

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 08:45 PM