Witch Wah Is Witch?!
Sergeant_Ant
Aug 14 2007, 01:16 AM
GMC:er
i was thinking about buying my first wah pedal and i was trying to decide between a morley bad horsie 1 or 2 and the ibanez weeping demon

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace." - Jimi Hendrix

"Whenever society gets too stifling and the rules get too complex, there's some sort of musical explosion" - Slash / Guns 'n Roses

"Play the music, not the instrument." - Author Unknown

Equpiment
Guitars: Ibanez RG350EX
Fender Stratocaster S-S-S
Effects: None
Amps: Fender SP-10

www.myspace.com/sergeantant
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Aug 14 2007, 01:36 AM
Moderation Policy Director
QUOTE (Sergeant_Ant @ Aug 13 2007, 08:16 PM) *
i was thinking about buying my first wah pedal and i was trying to decide between a morley bad horsie 1 or 2 and the ibanez weeping demon

Hmm. I have exactly the same choice to make ...

I ruled out the bad horsie 1 because version 2 has a lot more versatility.

The weepeing demon seems to be the most versatile of the lot, but eats batteries like there is no tomorrow.

I'l let others comment further ...

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile
Live long and prosper ...

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Acoustic Guitars : Taylor 816ce, Martin D-15, Line6 Variax Acoustic 300 Nylon
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Aug 14 2007, 01:40 AM
Instructor
Had badhorsie 1,now I'm on badhorsie 2...both work fine,imo

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

The Pianist
tune is progress,check it out!

"ok.. it is great.. :P

have you myspace? Can i to personalize this for you guy?"

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Aug 14 2007, 07:51 AM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
Definetly Bad Horsie 2 if you can go for it, sounds awesome, if your a little short on money though, the dunlop Original Crybaby is a bit cheaper, and that sounds metal as hell! smile.gif

+Quote Post
krimzen
Aug 14 2007, 08:09 AM
slash signature w/ distortion!!

+Quote Post
shredmandan
Aug 14 2007, 08:28 AM
Dunlop Dimebag Wah biggrin.gif

--------------------
My Gear
Cort X-2 electric with 24 frets and 2 humbucker's dark Blue
Kustom DFX100 With Celestion Speakers,and thats it now (lol)

My Advice
Figure out what you want in life early.Wether it's the girl,the partying
or mastering the guitar.Adding any 2 together will get in your way.

+Quote Post
Saoirse O'Shea
Aug 14 2007, 08:28 AM
Moderator - low level high stakes
If it's not a stupid question why those two? If you have the cash then there are some really good wahs from, amongst others, Geoff Teese. Big difference (and I have a cry baby as well so have compared them on my set up) is the Teese wahs don't suck out your tone.

Cheers,
Tony

--------------------
Get your music professionally mastered by anl AES registered Mastering Engineer. Contact me for Audio Mastering Services and Advice and visit our website www.miromastering.com

Be friends on facebook with us here.

We use professional, mastering grade hardware in our mastering studo. Our hardware includes:
Cranesong Avocet II Monitor Controller, Dangerous Music Liasion Insert Hardware Router, ATC SCM Pro Monitors, Lavry Black DA11, Prism Orpheus ADC/DAC, Gyratec Gyraf XIV Parallel Passive Mastering EQ, Great River MAQ 2NV Mastering EQ, Kush Clariphonic Parallel EQ Shelf, Maselec MLA-2 Mastering Compressor, API 2500 Mastering Compressor, Eventide Eclipse Reverb/Echo.

+Quote Post
Jerry Arcidiacon...
Aug 14 2007, 08:57 PM
Instructor
I agree with The Uncreator.
I played for years and years with crybaby.
Absolutely no problems.

--------------------

::: Main Gear :::

Guitars: Washburn N4 Vintage | Washburn N2 | Washburn WI67Pro | Washburn WG-587 | Washburn EA20B
Amps: Laney GH50L (head) | Laney GS410 & GS212IE (cabinets) | Rocktron PROGAP Ultra (rack preamp) | Rocktron Velocity 150 (power amp) | Marshall VS230 (combo)
FXs: Rocktron Intellifex + custom pedalboard (check my video demo)
Other: Shredneck | Intellitouch PT10 tuner
Picks: Esseti Picks

Software & Recording Gear: Cubase 4 | Overloud TH1 | Mackie Onyx 400F | EZdrummer | Korg Pandora PX4D

-------------------------------------------------------

myspace.com/jerryarcidiacono

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Aug 14 2007, 09:23 PM
Instructor
Thanks for the tip Tony smile.gif

Must try Teese,I've heard lot of good things about it...

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

The Pianist

+Quote Post
MickeM
Aug 14 2007, 09:26 PM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
Chipping in with the same answer, the cheapest Dunlop Crybaby sounds great and last a battery forever.

My band mate has one and it's just great, I have the Weeping Demon but I'd rahter have the crybaby for less bells and whistless.
My main reason for that is that the crybaby last a battery 10 times longer than the Demon. Makes the Demon useless on stage for me but for rehearsing I run it plugged into the wall anyway.

+Quote Post
Saoirse O'Shea
Aug 14 2007, 09:59 PM
MickeM - and eceryone - maybe also consider getting a multi-jack mains power supply? Mine is much more basic - maplin ac/dc 9v converter wired to a multijack lead - got it off ebay for about 9 euros new but can't remember the details.

This sort of thing pays for itself quickly just on saving the cost of batteries - although it is yet another lead to tangle up rolleyes.gif .

Cheers,
Tony

--------------------
Get your music professionally mastered by anl AES registered Mastering Engineer. Contact me for Audio Mastering Services and Advice and visit our website www.miromastering.com

We use professional, mastering grade hardware in our mastering studo. Our hardware includes:
Cranesong Avocet II Monitor Controller, Dangerous Music Liasion Insert Hardware Router, ATC SCM Pro Monitors, Lavry Black DA11, Prism Orpheus ADC/DAC, Gyratec Gyraf XIV Parallel Passive Mastering EQ, Great River MAQ 2NV Mastering EQ, Kush Clariphonic Parallel EQ Shelf, Maselec MLA-2 Mastering Compressor, API 2500 Mastering Compressor, Eventide Eclipse Reverb/Echo.

+Quote Post
MickeM
Aug 14 2007, 10:16 PM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
QUOTE (tonymiro @ Aug 14 2007, 10:59 PM) *
MickeM - and eceryone - maybe also consider getting a multi-jack mains power supply? Mine is much more basic - maplin ac/dc 9v converter wired to a multijack lead - got it off ebay for about 9 euros new but can't remember the details.

This sort of thing pays for itself quickly just on saving the cost of batteries - although it is yet another lead to tangle up rolleyes.gif .

Cheers,
Tony

Great tip! I've had my eyes on the Fueltank but I rather have some hum than cough up $200. Then I thought I maybe get the noice surpressor from Boss (which can run other pedals) but this adapter sure looks handy and the price is right.

Regarding batteries I bought a full load of rechargable ones for my pedals some time ago biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Saoirse O'Shea
Aug 14 2007, 10:24 PM
Pretty certain that there is a much cheaper version of that T-Rex fuel tank made by, I think, Morley MickeM (about 100usd if I recall correctly. Still more than a diy job from radioshack/maplins or similar.

Batteries in Spain are expensive - and just getting them can be a real pain. (Thought about rechargables for a while but sooner or later even they go flat for ever.) Such a pain that I'm thinking about removing the EMGs from my custom and replacing with passive pickups blink.gif .

One child I know in my village asked only for batteries for his 9th birthday ohmy.gif .

Cheers,
Tony

--------------------

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Aug 15 2007, 07:41 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (tonymiro @ Aug 14 2007, 10:59 PM) *

Cheers,
Tony

Off course Tony,multi-jack mains power supply is really needed for case like this.
I have one by myself and it has 2 different power sections,one for Digitech Whammy 2 and another one for rest of the pedals...

QUOTE (tonymiro @ Aug 14 2007, 11:24 PM) *
Pretty certain that there is a much cheaper version of that T-Rex fuel tank made by, I think, Morley MickeM (about 100usd if I recall correctly. Still more than a diy job from radioshack/maplins or similar.

Batteries in Spain are expensive - and just getting them can be a real pain. (Thought about rechargables for a while but sooner or later even they go flat for ever.) Such a pain that I'm thinking about removing the EMGs from my custom and replacing with passive pickups blink.gif .

One child I know in my village asked only for batteries for his 9th birthday ohmy.gif .

Cheers,
Tony

Must agree with that,active pickups suck the batteries out damn fast... sad.gif
Cool way is to have passive stuff and tool like Varitone OD .

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

The Pianist

+Quote Post
Saoirse O'Shea
Aug 15 2007, 08:25 PM
Thanks for the heads up Muris - the varitone od looks v good biggrin.gif . Think I'll have to investigate it.

Cheers,
Tony

--------------------

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Aug 15 2007, 09:00 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (tonymiro @ Aug 15 2007, 09:25 PM) *
Thanks for the heads up Muris - the varitone od looks v good biggrin.gif . Think I'll have to investigate it.

Cheers,
Tony

No prob Tony.
I'll have it in my new custom,will keep you updated smile.gif

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

The Pianist

+Quote Post
Kevin98497
Aug 19 2007, 04:18 PM
spelt which wrong? and oh yeah, anything out of point, such as suggesting a slash wah (cough krimzen tongue.gif) please go to my thread on the best wah pedals around
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...mp;hl=which+wah

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th March 2024 - 05:56 AM