> IS THAT YOUR MAMA?

Nope didn't think so either. We all know parents don't get this.

I can show you how to be the virtuoso your folks could only dream about, but I first need your help:

* Pm me and I will show you where to start. I am online every day and I will help you out directly!

* Join my mentoring program. I will customize your learning experience in a way you haven't experienced before. We will have regular contact so that you can remain inspired every day and eventually reach a new level.

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Oh and did you know that to become a killer guitarist you just need to focus on one thing? Everything
else is secondary. Pm me and I will explain.

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >  
Lienad's Guitar Skills Workshop
Cosmin Lupu
Oct 18 2012, 08:39 AM
Instructor
Alright! Here's the deal:

1h - rhythm/ riffing
1h - technique - legato/ alternate picking
1h - articulation/ ear training
1h - you can use this to jam/ write music/ or perfect some of the stuff above

I will give you tasks and we settle a deadline after which you'll send me recordings so that we can discuss over them smile.gif

Do we have a deal?

Cosmin

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Lienad
Oct 18 2012, 03:53 PM
GMC:er
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Oct 18 2012, 08:39 AM) *
Alright! Here's the deal:

1h - rhythm/ riffing
1h - technique - legato/ alternate picking
1h - articulation/ ear training
1h - you can use this to jam/ write music/ or perfect some of the stuff above

I will give you tasks and we settle a deadline after which you'll send me recordings so that we can discuss over them smile.gif

Do we have a deal?

Cosmin

Sounds Great! biggrin.gif

Ok whats the first lesson/s?

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Oct 19 2012, 10:07 AM
Instructor
Alright! So, I will say 10 days for the tasks below - you tell me if that's a reasonable deadline or if you feel that these are too difficult smile.gif

Alternate picking: https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Picking-Hand-Basics/
Legato: https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Beginn...eginner-Legato/
Rhythm: https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/rhythm-gu...c-metal-rhythm/
Articulation: https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Bens-Vibrato-Odyssey/
Ear training/ fretboard knowledge:

1) Spot all the C notes on the neck and memorize their sound in the various octaves where they are found
2) Set your metronome at quarter notes to a very slow tempo
3) Pick each C note on one quarter note and sing it in the same time
4) Increase the speed until your fingers will automatically go at the C notes at higher tempo
5) Go back to the slow tempo smile.gif
6) Hit the first C note and follow through the rest of the exercise as before, with the only difference that you will SING the rest ofthe C notes instead of playing them biggrin.gif

Let's rock!

Cosmin

+Quote Post
Lienad
Oct 19 2012, 07:22 PM
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Oct 19 2012, 10:07 AM) *
Alright! So, I will say 10 days for the tasks below - you tell me if that's a reasonable deadline or if you feel that these are too difficult smile.gif

Alternate picking: https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Picking-Hand-Basics/
Legato: https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Beginn...eginner-Legato/
Rhythm: https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/rhythm-gu...c-metal-rhythm/
Articulation: https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Bens-Vibrato-Odyssey/
Ear training/ fretboard knowledge:

1) Spot all the C notes on the neck and memorize their sound in the various octaves where they are found
2) Set your metronome at quarter notes to a very slow tempo
3) Pick each C note on one quarter note and sing it in the same time
4) Increase the speed until your fingers will automatically go at the C notes at higher tempo
5) Go back to the slow tempo smile.gif
6) Hit the first C note and follow through the rest of the exercise as before, with the only difference that you will SING the rest ofthe C notes instead of playing them biggrin.gif

Let's rock!

Cosmin

Ten days is cool cool.gif and yeah had a look through and they all look achievable smile.gif

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Oct 20 2012, 07:18 AM
Instructor
Let's rock then!

+Quote Post
Lienad
Oct 24 2012, 04:08 PM
Hey Cosmin!!

Thought I'd show you where i'm at with the lessons, played them a while now but they still dont sound right, what should I focus on?

Thanks.

[attachment=29330:Picking_...Basics_1.wmv]

[attachment=29333:Basic_Me...Guitar_1.wmv]

[attachment=29332:Beginner_Legato_1.wmv]

[attachment=29331:Vibrato_One_1.wmv]

OOpps... laugh.gif

Here are the others!

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Oct 25 2012, 11:01 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Lienad @ Oct 24 2012, 03:08 PM) *
Hey Cosmin!!

Thought I'd show you where i'm at with the lessons, played them a while now but they still dont sound right, what should I focus on?

Thanks.

[attachment=29330:Picking_...Basics_1.wmv]

[attachment=29333:Basic_Me...Guitar_1.wmv]

[attachment=29332:Beginner_Legato_1.wmv]

[attachment=29331:Vibrato_One_1.wmv]

OOpps... laugh.gif

Here are the others!

Picking hand basics - it's great so far, until the last part where you are omitting some of the 16th notes, probably because of being scared you'll miss the next shift smile.gif Take it slower on the tempo and you'll have those perfect as well. And also, your right hand looks kind of tense. Try to loosen up a bit wink.gif

Basic Metal Guitar - there are some glitches here and there when shifting positions! I suggest focusing on the timing and shifts and also on the accuracy of the gallop part, some notes are blurry smile.gif A slower tempo and focusing on the above should take care of the problem!

The Beginner Legato looks and sounds good! And you have ALMOST nailed the vibrato one - this one needs a bit more flow and consistency/ sustain of each note. It's in the touch and only time and focused practice will get the right results.

As a general conclusion I honestly think you did a good job so far! BUT you can do far better and nail these without a spot!!

Let's see the next takes!

Cosmin

+Quote Post
Lienad
Oct 31 2012, 01:56 PM
[attachment=29414:Basic_Me...Guitar_2.wmv]

[attachment=29413:Vibrato_1_2.wmv]

[attachment=29412:Picking_...sics_1_2.wmv]

[attachment=29411:Beginner...gato_1_2.wmv]

Hello Cosmin!, I'm back! biggrin.gif

Here are the next takes cool.gif

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Nov 1 2012, 10:17 AM
Instructor
Hey man!

Much much better biggrin.gif I can see improvement!

For the basic metal rhythm guitar - It is ok as an ensemble, but it's a bit rigid in its interpretation - it somehow requires more groove! Don't get scared! This sort of thing comes in time with lots of practice, so I think you're on the right path. usually after developing your internal clock, it's gonna be easier and easier wink.gif

For the vibrato - keep practicing it! It's correct but it can be better - time will help once you develop a stronger fretting hand biggrin.gif

Picking hand basics - the hand still looks a bit tense but you solved the problem of the 16ths!! Good work mate!

Take care of the legato lesson - you rushed the tempo! smile.gif In the first take, you did better wink.gif

Alright! I say, let's move a bit forward with the following tasks:

AP: https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Picking-Arpeggios/ - focus on getting them as clean as possible biggrin.gif
Legato: https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/hammer..._for_beginners/ - one step above the previous one wink.gif
Vibrato/ bending: https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Bens-Vibrato-Odyssey-2/
Rhythm: https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Metal-For-Rockers/

Let me know what you think and also, please keep practicing the previous ones, ok? biggrin.gif

Cosmin

+Quote Post
Lienad
Nov 1 2012, 12:23 PM
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Nov 1 2012, 09:17 AM) *
Hey man!

Much much better biggrin.gif I can see improvement!

For the basic metal rhythm guitar - It is ok as an ensemble, but it's a bit rigid in its interpretation - it somehow requires more groove! Don't get scared! This sort of thing comes in time with lots of practice, so I think you're on the right path. usually after developing your internal clock, it's gonna be easier and easier wink.gif

For the vibrato - keep practicing it! It's correct but it can be better - time will help once you develop a stronger fretting hand biggrin.gif

Picking hand basics - the hand still looks a bit tense but you solved the problem of the 16ths!! Good work mate!

Take care of the legato lesson - you rushed the tempo! smile.gif In the first take, you did better wink.gif

Alright! I say, let's move a bit forward with the following tasks:

AP: https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Picking-Arpeggios/ - focus on getting them as clean as possible biggrin.gif
Legato: https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/hammer..._for_beginners/ - one step above the previous one wink.gif
Vibrato/ bending: https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Bens-Vibrato-Odyssey-2/
Rhythm: https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Metal-For-Rockers/

Let me know what you think and also, please keep practicing the previous ones, ok? biggrin.gif

Cosmin

YAY!!! biggrin.gif Improvment biggrin.gif haha!

Thanks Cosmin, I will take note of what you said about each lesson and I will keep practising them too.

Yeah these new lessons look cool, i'll get working on them today. Awesome cool.gif

I can have a go at an interpretation of the metal rhytm guitar if you want? Play it more natural to how it feels to me tongue.gif

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Nov 1 2012, 12:34 PM
Instructor
Please do biggrin.gif I'm curious!

+Quote Post
Lienad
Nov 5 2012, 06:25 PM
Hello Cosmin!

[attachment=29479:Rhythm_Jam.wmv]

Well I was going to write some parts for this song but then I thought eh i'll just have a jam and see what I play. So it's VERY rough lol seeing as I didnt know what I was going to play/random but still fun biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Nov 6 2012, 09:32 AM
Instructor
Howdy man! There are nice ideas here and there, but take care about the timing as some interventions sound rigid somehow. It seems like you are not determined on what you want to play, and trust me, the intention is the most obvious thing ever smile.gif I got a saying - Play it like you mean it! If you are angry at someone, you don't say... 'Hey, I think I'm angry with you...' you usually say 'I am so pissed that I could throw something at you!!' - that feels like you mean it right? biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Lienad
Nov 6 2012, 01:26 PM
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Nov 6 2012, 08:32 AM) *
Howdy man! There are nice ideas here and there, but take care about the timing as some interventions sound rigid somehow. It seems like you are not determined on what you want to play, and trust me, the intention is the most obvious thing ever smile.gif I got a saying - Play it like you mean it! If you are angry at someone, you don't say... 'Hey, I think I'm angry with you...' you usually say 'I am so pissed that I could throw something at you!!' - that feels like you mean it right? biggrin.gif

Well that would make sense, it was entirely improvised. What do you mean when you say rigid? also what are "interventions" in this context?

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Nov 7 2012, 08:39 AM
Instructor
By interventions I meant the little lick appearing somewhere after the gallop passage, where the riffing has some stops. I was particularly thinking about those stops - they sound a bit rigid for the context somehow. Or maybe my ear is too keen on the way Marcus did them and now any other approach might sound a bit strange, due to the fact that they actually fragment the groove smile.gif Didn't make up my mind yet biggrin.gif But hey, EXPERIMENT AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE!! How are you faring with the new tasks so far?

Cosmin

+Quote Post
Lienad
Nov 7 2012, 11:37 AM
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Nov 7 2012, 07:39 AM) *
By interventions I meant the little lick appearing somewhere after the gallop passage, where the riffing has some stops. I was particularly thinking about those stops - they sound a bit rigid for the context somehow. Or maybe my ear is too keen on the way Marcus did them and now any other approach might sound a bit strange, due to the fact that they actually fragment the groove smile.gif Didn't make up my mind yet biggrin.gif But hey, EXPERIMENT AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE!! How are you faring with the new tasks so far?

Cosmin

OOOOOO I get what you mean now, yeah it does change the groove of the peice biggrin.gif

Finding the AP lesson pretty tricky, just not used to playing like that, ever. Unusual fretting positions and stretches tongue.gif
The other lessons are a little better but none of them are flowing start to finish yet. I'm geting there though. Still practicing the original list too smile.gif

This post has been edited by Lienad: Nov 7 2012, 11:38 AM

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Nov 8 2012, 01:11 PM
Instructor
Hehe smile.gif I knew you'd get it fast biggrin.gif

Well, looking forward to your next takes on the new tasks!

Cosmin

+Quote Post
Lienad
Dec 16 2012, 04:01 PM
Attached File  Hammer_Ons_and_Pull_Offs_1.wmv ( 8.56MB ) Number of downloads: 101

Attached File  Ben_s_Vibrato_Odyssey_2_1.wmv ( 7.19MB ) Number of downloads: 100

Attached File  Metal_For_Rockers__1.wmv ( 10.49MB ) Number of downloads: 87

Hey Cosmin, hope you are well it's been a while!

Here's where I'm at right now biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Dec 17 2012, 12:34 PM
Instructor
Hey mate!

I think you did a great job here smile.gif

Now in the first vid, you should pay a little more attention to the timing as I think you strayed in several spots - will you try recording against the original lesson to get a better hang on it? smile.gif

The vibrato is also good, but a bit exaggerated in some spots and it feels a bit out of pitch so focus on vibrating wide but keeping things in pitch wink.gif

The metal for rockers sounds good to my ears, but as a top notch tweak, you could tighten it up a bit as some of the passages sound a bit loose.

All in all, I think you did a good job mate! What else have you been working on? biggrin.gif

Cosmin

+Quote Post
Lienad
Dec 17 2012, 06:51 PM
Thanks for the feedback Cosmin, will try again and record some better versions smile.gif

I have had a lot less time than I would have liked as of late getting a new job, but I have managed to find a band and have learn a few covers.

Hopefully start writting my own stuff soon. Speaking of which, could we have a look at dropped D/C tunnings next as these are the tunnings I will be using.

I have a fair grasp of E standard pentatonics and natural minor scales but I'm confused how these patters work/look in the dropped tunnings as well as how to use them to write songs/riffs. An few exercise lessons on these scales and another dropped tunning tune would be useful.

Cheers again mate!

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 12:26 AM