You Are So Natural!
Kristofer Dahl
Jan 10 2011, 07:03 PM
GMC Founder
Go check out Daniel's new lesson, "Steve's Naturally Harmonic", then post a reply. Other than Steve Vai, who in your opinion, utilizes natural harmonics successfully?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Daniel Realpe
Jan 10 2011, 07:41 PM
Instructor
I would say Eddie Van Halen has a lot of taste to use them smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Visit my:
INSTRUCTOR PROFILE

"If a composer could say what he had to say in words he would not bother trying to say it in music."
Gustav Mahler

Subscribe to my Youtube Channel here

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jan 12 2011, 01:50 AM
Instructor
Dimebag used some killer NH on the lower frets and used a whammy with them, which became his signature licks.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Zsolt Galambos
Jan 13 2011, 02:23 PM
GMC Coordinator & Instructor
Dimebag also used higher strings and used to produce NH's all over the fretboard with his trademark whammy techique smile.gif

I like how Petrucci ends the song named " Learning to Live" from "Images and Words".

And yes, Eddie Van Halen rules big time biggrin.gif "Poundcake"'s my favorite!

--------------------
Check out my Instructor Profile

Check out my Personal Board

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Jan 13 2011, 03:36 PM
Instructor
I think Jake E Lee used them quite a bit.. check out the song 'Fool Like You' from The Ultimate Sin album smile.gif

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jan 13 2011, 03:58 PM
GMC:er
It's an obvious choice but Satriani makes very good use of them. And his palm flat technique of creating them up beyond the fretboard is pretty spiff too.

+Quote Post
thefireball
Jan 17 2011, 05:20 PM
Learning Roadie
Yes, I agree Todd, The Satch is like.....a master at it! biggrin.gif Yes, there are many other artists that do it too. I just love Joe's playing. I still can't understand how he gets that squeal with his whammy bar - you know like in Surfing with the Alien. I'm gonna look up and see if someone shows how to do that squeal here on GMC.

Oh yes, i just found it. I forgot about this lesson. smile.gif

+Quote Post
Zsolt Galambos
Jan 17 2011, 05:32 PM
GMC Coordinator & Instructor
Here's a tip for you bro:

Hold your whammy with your fretting hand, and mute all the strings with your picking hand except the string you want to produce the divebomb on. Now pick the string (say G for ex.) and produce an artificial harmonic. This is witout fretting the neck, you actually hit an artificial harmonic on your open string. Now immediately start messing around with your whammy: press it down, or pull it up, it's really up to you.

And there you have it smile.gif

QUOTE (thefireball @ Jan 17 2011, 05:20 PM) *
Yes, I agree Todd, The Satch is like.....a master at it! biggrin.gif Yes, there are many other artists that do it too. I just love Joe's playing. I still can't understand how he gets that squeal with his whammy bar - you know like in Surfing with the Alien. I'm gonna look up and see if someone shows how to do that squeal here on GMC.

Oh yes, i just found it. I forgot about this lesson. smile.gif

--------------------
Check out my Instructor Profile

Check out my Personal Board

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jan 17 2011, 08:41 PM
GMC:er
It's a really neat technique. And quite musical when used properly. Don't forget Dimebag who popularized some of the harmonics on the lower frets that are a bit harder to hit but that sound great when you do it right.

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Jan 17 2011, 09:16 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
I like harmonics usage in instrumental music. Satch and Vai do it awesome!

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 07:12 PM