New Guitar
a4rock
Mar 7 2008, 12:00 PM
GMC:er
Hey there.
It's been a year since I've first picked up my guitar and started playing and I feel like the time's right to get a new one (to play from classic rock to metal).

Yesterday I went to a local shop, and tested a LTD EC-400 AT (I've found a review here), and I pretty much liked it; nice neck, hard sound, nice pickups...

I would have to get used to the LP shape (especially for higher frets). The guitar I've tried mounted .010 strings (now I'm used to Ibanez's thinner neck, with .09's)... so I have some doubts about this, since they would be slightly harder, but I assume that's a matter of getting used to them, right?

Anyway, what do you think about that guitar? Do you have had previous experiences with that one, or if you actually own one, how would you rate it?

Thanks tongue.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Robwylde
Mar 7 2008, 12:58 PM
Sharpe looking guitar and I'm quite fond of the Les Paul look. I've never played one, but the review sounded good. As far as the strings you can go to a smaller guage if you like.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
a4rock
Mar 16 2008, 12:37 PM
I've tried a Schechter C1 Classic yesterday, and I was so impressed! Large variety of tones, very nice look, and I've found it for a good price... So I guess I'm switching my preference to that! tongue.gif

+Quote Post
audiopaal
Mar 16 2008, 01:28 PM
Competitions Coordinator - Up the Irons
QUOTE (a4rock @ Mar 16 2008, 12:37 PM) *
I've tried a Schechter C1 Classic yesterday, and I was so impressed! Large variety of tones, very nice look, and I've found it for a good price... So I guess I'm switching my preference to that! tongue.gif

Great guitar, good choice smile.gif

+Quote Post
Toni Suominen
Mar 16 2008, 01:50 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (a4rock @ Mar 16 2008, 01:37 PM) *

Nice, I love those guitars! smile.gif

--------------------
Gear:
-PRS Custom 22
-Edwards Les Paul
-PodXT
-Ibanez Acoustic

Check out my lessons and my instructor profile!

My Youtube channel

My Last.FM

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Mar 16 2008, 05:30 PM
Instructor
That's a nice looking guitar man, I think it plays quite nicely too.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
a4rock
Mar 16 2008, 06:18 PM
One thing I really love about that guitar, is the five ways switch... you can split both humbuckers, and so you can get really nice tones out of it wink.gif (of course, that also depends on how good you are at playing, hehe, but I'm confident I will be able to do that cool stuff you guys post here at GMC, one day tongue.gif)

+Quote Post
a4rock
Mar 16 2008, 06:18 PM
And by the way, thanks for your replies wink.gif

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Mar 16 2008, 06:59 PM
Instructor
No problem, glad to help - keep us updated when you buy it man! smile.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 09:45 PM