Never Thought I'd See This...
Spock
Feb 8 2013, 01:04 AM
GMC:er
All girl Iron Maiden cover band... The Iron Maidens

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 7)
DeGroot
Feb 13 2013, 06:26 PM
Experienced Guitar Hero
Yea, these ladies have been doing this for years.

Bruce Chickinson's hair is spot on. biggrin.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
bleez
Feb 14 2013, 01:18 AM
Experienced Tone Seeker
QUOTE (DeGroot @ Feb 13 2013, 05:26 PM) *
Bruce Chickinson

Is that what she calls herself? LOL! that is the best name ever laugh.gif

I would totally play in a tribute band (when Im a bit more awesome on guitar) it's gotta be the next best thing to having a decent original band smile.gif

--------------------

You say 'minor pentatonic ' like it's a bad thing

+Quote Post
Spock
Feb 14 2013, 10:04 AM
QUOTE (bleez @ Feb 13 2013, 07:18 PM) *
Is that what she calls herself? LOL! that is the best name ever laugh.gif

I would totally play in a tribute band (when Im a bit more awesome on guitar) it's gotta be the next best thing to having a decent original band smile.gif

No doubt, but I would have a hard time deciding which band to tribute. I've wanted to for Rush, Queensryche and Alice in Chains. I guess ultimately for me, it's so much more meaningful to present your own stuff. I've played in a couple of cover bands, and always felt like just a "bar band" while playing other people's stuff. The sense of accomplishment and identity of doing all originals is what fills that musical hunger.

But hats off to tribute bands - I prefer watching them to cover bands - it's fun. And hats off to these ladies.

This post has been edited by Spock: Feb 14 2013, 10:09 AM

+Quote Post
bleez
Feb 14 2013, 02:07 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Spock @ Feb 14 2013, 09:04 AM) *
No doubt, but I would have a hard time deciding which band to tribute. I've wanted to for Rush, Queensryche and Alice in Chains. I guess ultimately for me, it's so much more meaningful to present your own stuff. I've played in a couple of cover bands, and always felt like just a "bar band" while playing other people's stuff. The sense of accomplishment and identity of doing all originals is what fills that musical hunger.

But hats off to tribute bands - I prefer watching them to cover bands - it's fun. And hats off to these ladies.

I imagine a Rush tribute would be a challenge. I actually just started listening to a lot of their stuff, I really like alex Lifeson's playing.
years ago I played in an original band and it was just brilliant, I dont think I'd get back to that now but you never know smile.gif failing that, I would love to do a sabbath or alice cooper tribute band..... I would honestly just pretend it was the real thing biggrin.gif

--------------------

You say 'minor pentatonic ' like it's a bad thing

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Feb 14 2013, 05:22 PM
Instructor
Yeah, I knew them! They are really good! I'm not sure if I would do a tribute to 1 band only, I think that I would get bored. But I would really have a covers band for fun.

This post has been edited by Gabriel Leopardi: Feb 14 2013, 05:22 PM

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
DeGroot
Feb 14 2013, 07:15 PM
Experienced Guitar Hero
QUOTE (bleez @ Feb 14 2013, 01:07 PM) *
years ago I played in an original band and it was just brilliant, I dont think I'd get back to that now but you never know smile.gif failing that, I would love to do a sabbath or alice cooper tribute band..... I would honestly just pretend it was the real thing biggrin.gif

yeah, if I am ever in a band again it would probably be a cover band. Maybe a mixture of 80's metal.

Still the idea of a tribute band is cool. You get to play in the shoes of that musician. smile.gif But that takes a lot of dedication to learn.

The Iron Maidens:

Bruce Chickinson - vocals
Mega Murray - guitar
Adriana Smith - guitar
Steph Harris - bass
Nikki McBurrain - drums

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Feb 15 2013, 05:02 AM
I've been a fan for several years actually smile.gif They've been around a while. This video is from a bit back, there are some with pretty good audio but you gotta dig a bit.

QUOTE (Spock @ Feb 7 2013, 07:04 PM) *
All girl Iron Maiden cover band... The Iron Maidens

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 12:11 PM