Cool Pic From The Past :)
Darius Wave
Nov 24 2013, 01:24 AM
Instructor
My Dad found it somewhere and posted on FB smile.gif Somewhere in the second half of the 90's smile.gif probably around 96/97 . Borrowed Ibanez S (This guitar is still in perfect condition!) I was not able to collect money for my own instrument back then...but It still was not a problem to become addicted to Extreme covers biggrin.gif We played Little Jack Horny as I remember...and Suzi smile.gif

Attached Image

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Start new topic
Replies (1 - 19)
Monica Gheorghev...
Nov 24 2013, 09:08 AM
Learning Tone Master
Wow,...... how many years passed from then smile.gif It's always great to find old pictures which are coming with cool memories. But after so many years something it's still the same as it is now : then you played on stage and now you still play on stage biggrin.gif You was born to be on stage, I can't imagine you doing something else wink.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Headbanger
Nov 24 2013, 11:25 AM
GMC:er
Haha...great photo D-Boy! biggrin.gif ...Still had a cameraman in your face in those days!

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Nov 24 2013, 01:11 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Monica Gheorghevici @ Nov 24 2013, 09:08 AM) *
Wow,...... how many years passed from then smile.gif It's always great to find old pictures which are coming with cool memories. But after so many years something it's still the same as it is now : then you played on stage and now you still play on stage biggrin.gif You was born to be on stage, I can't imagine you doing something else wink.gif

Indeed I do not imagine myself doing something else smile.gif

QUOTE (Headbanger @ Nov 24 2013, 11:25 AM) *
Haha...great photo D-Boy! biggrin.gif ...Still had a cameraman in your face in those days!

Yes but now it switched to the iPods biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
bleez
Nov 24 2013, 03:28 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
HA biggrin.gif I had an identical shirt to that back in the 90's!
Cool pic!

--------------------

You say 'minor pentatonic ' like it's a bad thing

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Nov 24 2013, 05:27 PM
Instructor
Haha biggrin.gif The square T-shirts biggrin.gif Darius, there are two sorts of people wearing those, three actually:

- grungers - I do believe you liked the grunge wave in the 90s right??
- engineers - I used to have a lot of them biggrin.gif
- mexican thugs - it's some sort of a uniform

I would see myself in the first two categories biggrin.gif As I too had this sort of shirt!

+Quote Post
DeGroot
Nov 24 2013, 05:30 PM
Experienced Guitar Hero
Cool pic young Darius. biggrin.gif Playing through an original 5150 too!

I should also add that I had a closet full of flannels back in the 90's too.

This post has been edited by DeGroot: Nov 24 2013, 05:30 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Nov 24 2013, 05:31 PM
Instructor
hahah amazing pic mate. It's so cool to see you already rocking when you were a child. I love finding this type of pics that can explain clearly the reason why we have chosen music as a way of living.

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Nov 25 2013, 10:37 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (bleez @ Nov 24 2013, 03:28 PM) *
HA biggrin.gif I had an identical shirt to that back in the 90's!
Cool pic!

Ha ha! You probably also had Your beard already while I was a kid tongue.gif

QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Nov 24 2013, 05:27 PM) *
Haha biggrin.gif The square T-shirts biggrin.gif Darius, there are two sorts of people wearing those, three actually:

- grungers - I do believe you liked the grunge wave in the 90s right??
- engineers - I used to have a lot of them biggrin.gif
- mexican thugs - it's some sort of a uniform

I would see myself in the first two categories biggrin.gif As I too had this sort of shirt!

Defenately - I'm not a mexican dude so tag me in one of those first two biggrin.gif

QUOTE (DeGroot @ Nov 24 2013, 05:30 PM) *
Cool pic young Darius. biggrin.gif Playing through an original 5150 too!

I should also add that I had a closet full of flannels back in the 90's too.

Unfortunately 5150 was expensive as hell those days so...nope this ain't my amp tongue.gif I played on the borrowed valvestage 65 back then biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Nov 24 2013, 05:31 PM) *
hahah amazing pic mate. It's so cool to see you already rocking when you were a child. I love finding this type of pics that can explain clearly the reason why we have chosen music as a way of living.

Thanx Gab! I was addicted to guitar since being a kid. I really miss those days full of free time to spend on practice biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Nov 25 2013, 01:43 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Darius Wave @ Nov 25 2013, 09:37 AM) *
I really miss those days full of free time to spend on practice biggrin.gif

You're not the only one mate.. smile.gif Back then, I had no clue about what 'not having time' really meant biggrin.gif I didn't understand my mom and dad back then when they said - 'We are going to the mountain house to get some rest' When I spent 4 days with my dad last month picking up apples, I realized what they meant smile.gif There's a magical power in the earth and nature which is not harmed by the human destructive behaviour and that power can be transmitted to us in places such as that. I literally felt it.

Now coming back to childhood predictions smile.gif I will share a photo that not many people have seen, but nevertheless, one who said A LOT about what music I would listen to when I grew - look at my hand:

Attached image(s)
Attached Image

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Nov 25 2013, 06:02 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Nov 25 2013, 09:43 AM) *
You're not the only one mate.. smile.gif Back then, I had no clue about what 'not having time' really meant biggrin.gif I didn't understand my mom and dad back then when they said - 'We are going to the mountain house to get some rest' When I spent 4 days with my dad last month picking up apples, I realized what they meant smile.gif There's a magical power in the earth and nature which is not harmed by the human destructive behaviour and that power can be transmitted to us in places such as that. I literally felt it.

This is the same feeling that I had some weeks ago when I went to the jungle. You really connect with nature and understand a bit more which things are really important.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Nov 26 2013, 11:38 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Nov 25 2013, 05:02 PM) *
This is the same feeling that I had some weeks ago when I went to the jungle. You really connect with nature and understand a bit more which things are really important.

And with the little furry creatures - I remember being in the woods in the region where my mom and dad's mountain house is - somewhere back in 2006 I think - and I was with a friend, while the others were a few tens of meters back. Suddenly, the forest stood still - no sounds could be heard anymore. That usually happens when a large animal passes by. Of course, I was thinking of the worst - a bear or a wild boar - both, very dangerous. I had my hunting knife with me, but that wouldn't do too much of a change, would it? laugh.gif

We saw a big bush ahead moving as if something big was in it and .... a large dear came out, being more scared than we were biggrin.gif She ran off and we stood there amazed by the apparition and thankful we didn't have to fight for our lives.

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Nov 26 2013, 03:00 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Nov 25 2013, 01:43 PM) *

Now coming back to childhood predictions smile.gif I will share a photo that not many people have seen, but nevertheless, one who said A LOT about what music I would listen to when I grew - look at my hand:

Ha ha ! You didn't change at all Cosm biggrin.gif Same scary sight biggrin.gif Yes...especially our mothers are a masters of time usage - doing 3 things at the same time and still having a moment for some TV bullshit biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Nov 26 2013, 11:08 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Nov 26 2013, 07:38 AM) *
And with the little furry creatures - I remember being in the woods in the region where my mom and dad's mountain house is - somewhere back in 2006 I think - and I was with a friend, while the others were a few tens of meters back. Suddenly, the forest stood still - no sounds could be heard anymore. That usually happens when a large animal passes by. Of course, I was thinking of the worst - a bear or a wild boar - both, very dangerous. I had my hunting knife with me, but that wouldn't do too much of a change, would it? laugh.gif

We saw a big bush ahead moving as if something big was in it and .... a large dear came out, being more scared than we were biggrin.gif She ran off and we stood there amazed by the apparition and thankful we didn't have to fight for our lives.

hahaha I'm glad that we didn't meet a Jaguar in the jungle. People tells stories very similar to the one that you told there, but when something big is coming, everybody start to run here. Unless you have the animal in front of you.

Talking about wild animals and children... this is me, my brother and sister when we went to Brazil, many years ago... I was holding a new friend... a lizard. biggrin.gif

Attached Image

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Nov 27 2013, 01:43 AM
Instructor
No way...what a kind Gabriel kid biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Nov 27 2013, 08:24 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Darius Wave @ Nov 26 2013, 02:00 PM) *
Ha ha ! You didn't change at all Cosm biggrin.gif Same scary sight biggrin.gif Yes...especially our mothers are a masters of time usage - doing 3 things at the same time and still having a moment for some TV bullshit biggrin.gif

Tell me about it man - my mom is able to work, cook, take care of grandpa and the house and still be able to smile and be cool about it smile.gif Something to learn from all of this, innit?

QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Nov 26 2013, 10:08 PM) *
hahaha I'm glad that we didn't meet a Jaguar in the jungle. People tells stories very similar to the one that you told there, but when something big is coming, everybody start to run here. Unless you have the animal in front of you.

Talking about wild animals and children... this is me, my brother and sister when we went to Brazil, many years ago... I was holding a new friend... a lizard. biggrin.gif

Attached Image

Haha! I've seen it on FB as well - I don't know about your sis, but you and Ziva look very much like your today versions, if I may say so tongue.gif

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Nov 27 2013, 04:07 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Nov 27 2013, 04:24 AM) *
Haha! I've seen it on FB as well - I don't know about your sis, but you and Ziva look very much like your today versions, if I may say so tongue.gif

hahaha my sister looks the same nowadays, even more than my brother and me. biggrin.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Nov 28 2013, 08:56 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Nov 27 2013, 03:07 PM) *
hahaha my sister looks the same nowadays, even more than my brother and me. biggrin.gif

I have no bros or sisters, but I think that judging by the smiles on your faces, you guys get along fine, which is a really important asset in life smile.gif

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Nov 28 2013, 06:37 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Nov 28 2013, 04:56 AM) *
I have no bros or sisters, but I think that judging by the smiles on your faces, you guys get along fine, which is a really important asset in life smile.gif

yes, we love each other. My brother plays with me in Cirse, and my sister lives very close to my house and we meet frequently.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Nov 29 2013, 09:19 AM
Instructor
Anyway, you look like three happy kiddos and that says a lot! biggrin.gif

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 05:14 AM