2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Dave Mustaine, Plus Megadeth has a new lead guitarist!
InstruMental Cas...
Jan 22 2008, 04:09 PM
GMC:er
... and the newest member IIIIISSSSSS... GIT teacher Chris Broderick (ex-Nevermore touring guitarist and ex-Jag Panzer)!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f_DgjUQBY7I

Anyway, onto the Mustaine discussion! I know we've talked Marty, "Hangar 18", and a little about the newest Megadeth album, but I don't think we've ever had a topic about Dave. He has an awesome new Dean model coming out:

http://www.deanguitars.com/dean_winter_08/...AngelofDeth.htm

He's not the greatest player around, but he clearly has a good ear for lead guitarists, and his own rhythm chops are pretty good. He makes good use of what he knows. Hell, I'd never even thought to do his "Spider" idea:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H4byKCR2fz4

Haha, here he is schoolin' people on Jeopardy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hnEeltcdnns

... The only question I could answer was Guitar Gods for 1,000.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Jan 22 2008, 04:20 PM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
Yeah there was an article on this before, Chris Broderick is an amazing guitarists, ver few exceed him in technical prowess, or melody and riff composition, the man is a genious, and im a huge fan of Jag Panzer smile.gif

And for Dave Mustaine, Well, he is a brilliant song writer, by all standards!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by The Uncreator: Jan 22 2008, 04:21 PM

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Jan 22 2008, 04:25 PM
He's an awesome guitarist. And I've met him

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic
Amps:- Framus Ruby Riot 2x12" stack

+Quote Post
Mackietao
Jan 23 2008, 01:00 AM
I think Dave is great. I had some problems with his singing before but now when I´m used to it I like him.
I have not truly listened to all albums by megadeth yet though. Maby if I ever get tired of Rust in Peace. tongue.gif

+Quote Post
Smikey2006
Jan 23 2008, 02:15 AM
Going to see MegaDeth with Gigantour in May.. i can't wait to see Mustaine.. im going hours early just to get right up at the rail smile.gif

--------------------
Schecter Exotic Star+ Peavey VK
Ibanez Xiphos 707 + Krank Revolution 100
Damien 7

Wishlist
Schecter Customshop
Schecter 2008 Blackjack
Damage Control Timeline Delay Pedal/Distortion
a laptop that runs protools :'(

+Quote Post
kahall
Jan 23 2008, 05:08 AM
Learning Roadie
I had never seen the Jeopardy clip. He made the other players seem well, kind of slow and dumb. I enjoyed it.

--------------------
Had a guitar hanging, just about waist high, and we are going to play these things until the day we die.

+Quote Post
RIP Dime
Feb 1 2008, 06:22 AM
Hopefully now Broderick will get the widespread recognition he deserves as one of the best guitar players around.

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Feb 1 2008, 12:20 PM
Amen to that.

+Quote Post
VinceG
Feb 1 2008, 02:09 PM
I'd like to quote Moon "You have a really weird taste in music"

--------------------
METAL SUCKS

My Last.fm account. View it for all the terrible music I play on a daily basis

+Quote Post
Iron King
Feb 2 2008, 04:20 AM
Dave's cool
Gonna see the new line up in April with Gigantour
I'm also going a few hours in advance to secure the front and center... can't wait

+Quote Post
Scott Gentzen
Feb 3 2008, 06:27 AM
QUOTE (InstruMental Case @ Jan 22 2008, 03:09 PM) *
He's not the greatest player around, but he clearly has a good ear for lead guitarists, and his own rhythm chops are pretty good. He makes good use of what he knows. Hell, I'd never even thought to do his "Spider" idea:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H4byKCR2fz4

I've seen the spider riff explained in a couple other videos. I don't know if I'd use it or not, but my hand refuses to move like that so I've been trying to do it anyway.

--------------------
Guitars: ESP Semi-Hollow Eclipse, 1984 Ibanez Roadstar RS440, Peavey T-60, Daisy Rock Rock Candy Custom
Amps: Peavey Transformer 112, Epiphone Valve Jr head with custom 2x12 cab
Pedals: Boss TU-2, Budda Bud-Wah, Chuck Collins Harmonic Percolator clone

+Quote Post
KloCkWorXx
Feb 3 2008, 06:42 AM
i love megadeth except for the fact they remastered all the albums they were fine the way they were!

--------------------
My gear:
epi zakk wylde
ec 1000 cherry
js 100 w dimarzios
dean from hell
5150 half stack
micro cube
Effects: boss delay dd-6, EH small clone chorus, Wylde Wah, Heil talkbox, Boss super overdrive, Rp 250
NS2 Noise Suppressor, DOD YJM308 Yngwie Malmsteen Overdrive

+Quote Post
Stevie-Ray-Vaugh...
Feb 3 2008, 06:07 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Smikey2006 @ Jan 23 2008, 01:15 AM) *
Going to see MegaDeth with Gigantour in May.. i can't wait to see Mustaine.. im going hours early just to get right up at the rail smile.gif

Where are you seeing them Smikey? smile.gif

--------------------

But still I want answers, what's the point, what does all this mean?

+Quote Post
Unleash-The-Shre...
Feb 3 2008, 06:17 PM
Yeah I saw that Chris joined Megadeth about a week ago.

Dave also has a Gear Of War model coming out also, and he is a very good guitarist in my opinion.

This post has been edited by Unleash-The-Shred: Feb 3 2008, 06:19 PM

+Quote Post
Vic_Black
May 6 2008, 02:55 PM
Mustaine is a one of the greatest if not the greatest rhythm guitar planet on Earth. His solos on Killing is my business are pretty well too...I love his "spider" riff technique too smile.gif

--------------------
check out my student instructor lesson Riff Magic: Natural Harmonics

Vote for your favourite lesson in the Student Instructor Competition RIGHT HERE

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
May 6 2008, 02:58 PM
QUOTE (Vic_Black @ May 6 2008, 02:55 PM) *
Mustaine is a one of the greatest if not the greatest rhythm guitar planet on Earth. His solos on Killing is my business are pretty well too...I love his "spider" riff technique too smile.gif

I use his spider technique a lot and it is useful. smile.gif

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic
Amps:- Framus Ruby Riot 2x12" stack

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
May 6 2008, 03:07 PM
I abuse the spider technique laugh.gif

Once you get it down, it makes riffs flow so much better smile.gif

+Quote Post
Danilo Capezzuto
May 6 2008, 06:17 PM
Instructor
Wow Broderick is a machine gun! But Dave is still the rhythm guru of Megadeth!

--------------------
Check out my video lessons!

+Quote Post
Scott Gentzen
May 7 2008, 03:36 AM
QUOTE (VinceG @ Feb 1 2008, 09:09 AM) *
I'd like to quote Moon "You have a really weird taste in music"

That was classic!

And I'm surprised that Dave completely smoked everyone like that. It wasn't like most of the time he was jst faster with the button. They had no idea on a lot of them.

It's good to know more about music than what you like to play.

--------------------
Guitars: ESP Semi-Hollow Eclipse, 1984 Ibanez Roadstar RS440, Peavey T-60, Daisy Rock Rock Candy Custom
Amps: Peavey Transformer 112, Epiphone Valve Jr head with custom 2x12 cab
Pedals: Boss TU-2, Budda Bud-Wah, Chuck Collins Harmonic Percolator clone

+Quote Post
Vic_Black
May 7 2008, 02:23 PM
Dave had a bad day indeed blink.gif

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=hiH_yDpyRDU

--------------------
check out my student instructor lesson Riff Magic: Natural Harmonics

Vote for your favourite lesson in the Student Instructor Competition RIGHT HERE

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 02:18 AM