4 Pages V  « < 2 3 4  
Overrated Guitarists?
Unleash-The-Shre...
Nov 6 2007, 04:05 AM
GMC:er
QUOTE (FretDancer69 @ Nov 5 2007, 06:09 AM) *
I got the idea from Unleash-the-Shred's "Underrated Guitarists" thread. What guitarists do you think are overrated? Why?

I would say Kurt Cobain. I like his music, i like nirvana and everything, but i think people look at him like if he was a guitar virtuoso or something. Its a good thing if he inspires you, but i dont think he was that talented like other few known guitarists.Thats my opinion.

Comment smile.gif

Agreed.

QUOTE (The Uncreator @ Nov 5 2007, 06:14 AM) *
Kurt Cobain
Korn
Slipknot
Bring Me The Horizon (especially these guys)
Muse (sorry muse fans)
Chris Impelliterri
Behold...The Arctopus
Yngwie Malmsteen
Slash (Sorry once again)
Buckethead (Sorry Mattacuk!!)
Avenged Sevenfold

I don't agree with YJM, Buckethead, and Chris Impelliterri, even slash for that matter. They all worked towards the fame they have and are definitely not overrated imo.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Spiderusalem
Nov 6 2007, 04:06 AM
GMC:er
QUOTE (Arrival @ Nov 5 2007, 06:55 PM) *
Haha, someone told me they heard Manhattan on the Weather Channel. (that's a 24-hour national weather information channel in USA for you guys across the pond)

ah dont tell them that! now our friends abroad are gonna figure out how boring we are! laugh.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Equipment: Classical/Jazz hybrid guitar. blunt/black humor.

Success is the best revenge.

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Nov 6 2007, 04:18 AM
GMC Founder
Well as Andrew said - we have been keeping an eye this one...

...partly because bashing Cobain and rap is what other forums eat for breakfast (and who wants be like the others? Kurt or Cooley certainly didn't want to)

...partly to see if gmc:ers could keep this friendly - after all we are all here to discuss things, and this topic can sure generate some interesting discussions. GMC:ers almost could.

It struck me I should lock this thread and restart a new one - just for the fun of it.

It would be nice if we could have the exact same discussion but without any bashing at all - if you want to convince me that Rap isn't music - I need to hear some stronger arguments than I have read here!

Topic continued here.

--------------------

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  « < 2 3 4
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 08:14 PM