11 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Rock Ballad Style Collaboration - Video Comments, Emir's first student collaboration
UncleSkillet
Jan 28 2009, 05:59 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
I new I was going to be in the 3rd group and have to wait another day dry.gif biggrin.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
"Think of a guitar solo as a paragraph. You need a clear beginning, a middle, and an end. Look at musical phrases like sentences, and make sure you break them up using punctuation—or space. You pause naturally when conversing, right? If you don't, you'll bore the listener. The same thing will happen with your audience if your solo is one dimensional. You'll wear them out and lose their attention." —Tom Principato
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Jan 28 2009, 06:02 PM
Learning Rock Star
I'm suddenly not too proud of my take! Ahahaha... never was really, but didn't time ran out on me.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

Check out my TikTok! - or check out my GMC video comments on YouTube

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
Jan 28 2009, 06:03 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (UncleSkillet @ Jan 28 2009, 04:59 PM) *
I new I was going to be in the 3rd group and have to wait another day dry.gif biggrin.gif

This is pretty much in order as you were sending them but somewhere in the middle it got messed up as some guys cancelled and I re-sorted my folder to show files by name. Sorry about waiting smile.gif

--------------------
Check out my <a href="https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/instructor/Emir-Hot" target="_blank">Instructor profile</a>

www.emirhot.com
www.myspace.com/emirhotguitar
www.myspace.com/sevdahmetal

+Quote Post
Ajmurrell
Jan 28 2009, 06:16 PM
Learning Tone Master
Appreciate just how big a collab this was to mix/organise and comment on Emir. Great to hear you're uploading comments as video takes, that will be very usefull for all!

Thanks again mate, the mixes so far sound great - and look at me heading up Group 2 biggrin.gif hehe

--------------------
GMC Travel Agent, at your service.

+Quote Post
UncleSkillet
Jan 28 2009, 06:25 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
Well I just finished listening to the audio takes for both groups. This is the first time I have heard many of your guy's take in this collab.

Just wanted to say the mix sounds really good Emir and congrats to all the players. You guy's all sound great. smile.gif

It's exciting to think of how we are all going to be able to make the next one sound even better!

--------------------
"Think of a guitar solo as a paragraph. You need a clear beginning, a middle, and an end. Look at musical phrases like sentences, and make sure you break them up using punctuation—or space. You pause naturally when conversing, right? If you don't, you'll bore the listener. The same thing will happen with your audience if your solo is one dimensional. You'll wear them out and lose their attention." —Tom Principato

+Quote Post
enforcer
Jan 28 2009, 06:48 PM
GMC:er

This is outstanding. Totally outstanding. Man, seriously what is wrong with you people? When I'm in GMC I feel like I am on a different planet. laugh.gif You are all kind, and helping above human capabilities. Not only instructors, yeah I cant know everybody here but all the GMCers I've known to this point were just the same. That must be contagious! And seriously this collaboration and the work you have done here is something that I respect with my every iota of my being. Really in some few collabs, collab leaders' work was just great, and I was thinking to myself how that could be ever improved.

Well, I can sleep now, really Emir, I seriously believe you have to be a superhero, you should be floating on a pool of ego with your playing capabilities and knowledge, instead, you make a collaboration, you spend several days to mix, to evaluate solos of everyone, write comments, take seperate videos for ever participant and really try to make us improve. Now this is something to be seriously respected. You are one of my GREATEST inspirations about how a mentor, a musician and a guitarist should be. Thank you.

Man, I really had lots of thought about writting this, but I feel an urge to do it. I am well aware of the fact that this is a job, you are paid for what you are doing now etc. But I am well aware of the fact that you didnt have to do all this and get paid anyway. Maybe I sound too emotional for some peoples taste, and some other may think of this even as a flattery but believe me it is not. I just wanted how I am grateful for all you have done, and I am sure all the participants here share my opinion. smile.gif

And by the way, great takes everyone, still can wait to hear the third groups takes... And with the help of great works like this, I am sure we will get better... laugh.gif

Can

--------------------

incoming spoiler read it at your own risk!

Spoiler:

Vigier G.V Wood HH
American Stratocaster Maple Standart with X2N bridge pickups
Samwick Artist custom modified Baswood Lespaul with S.Duncan JB and N56 pickups
Self made Fretless Strat type made of Rosewood/Maple with self wound Neck and Ibanez V8 Bridge Pickups
Floor Pod 2.0 Amp Simulation System
Pod Xt Pro Rack Amp Simulation System
Digitech TSR 12 Rack Effect and Studio Reverb
Behringer Composer Rack Compressor Expander
Morley Bad Horsie Wah Pedal
Behringer FB1010 Floor Board

it, surely, spoiled me!!!

and may the force be with you :)

+Quote Post
ztevie
Jan 28 2009, 06:58 PM
Well Emir, just watched the tips-video, you really set the bar very high for future collaborations.. What a dedication and interest for us poor amateurs!
Really nice, can 't wait to see the video-comments...
Of course, this must be extremely time-consuming, so I don't expect every collaboration to be as thorough as this. But you really set the pressure on the other instructors, they may hate you right now, I don't know... biggrin.gif

I think I'll apply for a permanent-member-of Emir-Collabs-card, haha... wink.gif

--------------------
Gear:
* Vigier Shawn Lane Master, Bridge Bareknuckle Nailbomb, Middle DiMarzio FS-1, Neck Bareknuckle Cold Sweat
* Padalka Custom Space-6, Bareknuckle Juggernaut set
* Ztevie's Blue, Custom Handbuilt by Rek Guitars, Seymour Duncan Full Shred humbucker set
* Yamaha LLX6 Acoustic
* Fractal Audio Axe FX II XL+

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
Jan 28 2009, 07:06 PM
Instructor
Thank you guys so much. To be honest this way is much easier for me to talk through than to type it. And at the same it is much more useful for you.

The first 2 videos are on the way. I hope I can do the first group tonight.

Each video is about 10 min long so it does take time to render, upload etc... I am using some simple WMV codec to save on the file size. The quality is not really good but I think it can do the job.

--------------------
Check out my <a href="https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/instructor/Emir-Hot" target="_blank">Instructor profile</a>

www.emirhot.com

+Quote Post
Velvet Roger
Jan 28 2009, 07:07 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (enforcer @ Jan 28 2009, 06:48 PM) *
This is outstanding. Totally outstanding. Man, seriously what is wrong with you people? When I'm in GMC I feel like I am on a different planet. laugh.gif You are all kind, and helping above human capabilities. Not only instructors, yeah I cant know everybody here but all the GMCers I've known to this point were just the same. That must be contagious! And seriously this collaboration and the work you have done here is something that I respect with my every iota of my being. Really in some few collabs, collab leaders' work was just great, and I was thinking to myself how that could be ever improved.

Well, I can sleep now, really Emir, I seriously believe you have to be a superhero, you should be floating on a pool of ego with your playing capabilities and knowledge, instead, you make a collaboration, you spend several days to mix, to evaluate solos of everyone, write comments, take seperate videos for ever participant and really try to make us improve. Now this is something to be seriously respected. You are one of my GREATEST inspirations about how a mentor, a musician and a guitarist should be. Thank you.

Man, I really had lots of thought about writting this, but I feel an urge to do it. I am well aware of the fact that this is a job, you are paid for what you are doing now etc. But I am well aware of the fact that you didnt have to do all this and get paid anyway. Maybe I sound too emotional for some peoples taste, and some other may think of this even as a flattery but believe me it is not. I just wanted how I am grateful for all you have done, and I am sure all the participants here share my opinion. smile.gif

And by the way, great takes everyone, still can wait to hear the third groups takes... And with the help of great works like this, I am sure we will get better... laugh.gif

Can

I could only for the full 100% agree with everything Can is saying here. Your dedication and thoroughness is extremely appreciated by me, and only provide me with more and more motivation to get better it what I like to do most! Many thanks Emir smile.gif... btw I am gonna regret that I ever put Velvet in front of my name ... always results in being the latest tongue.gif

This post has been edited by Velvet Roger: Jan 28 2009, 07:08 PM

--------------------
"Don't practice until you get it right. Practice until you can't get it wrong."

Guitars & Amps
Brian Moore DC-1 Custom Shop (Cherry Sunburst, mahogany/rosewood)
Eric Johnson Signature Strat (2-tone Sunburst, alder/maple)
Ibanez RG770 (Black, basswood/rosewood)
Peerless Journeyman (solid spruce/maple)
Sixt Bov-105C (Ovation-like acoustic) - Ibanez SGT-130 (Jumbo acoustic)
London City VS-1 (Precision bass) - Baton Rouge U3S (Ukelele)
Fender HotRod Deluxe 40W combo - Fender Princeton Reverb Reissue 5W combo - Marshall JCM 900 50W Hi-Gain combo

Effects & Other stuff
POD Studio UX2 audio interface - Edirol MA-15D monitors
EH Double Muff - Fulltone GT-500 - Fulltone Fulldrive 2 Mosfet - Guitarsystems TrebleTool Junior - Guitarsystems FuzzTool Junior
Korg Pitchblack Tuner - MXR Carbon Copy Analog Delay - TC Electronics Nova Modulator - Morley Bad Horsie 2 Wah
Shure SM58 - Roland PCR-500 midi controller/keyboard & Yamaha Clavinova CL-910 piano

My Website
My MySpace Page
My YouTube Channel
My Twitter Account
My Band 'Gonzo!'

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Jan 28 2009, 07:23 PM
GMC Founder
WOW Emir this was awesome!! What a great video, and what a great idea - I am really impressed with your teaching! smile.gif (I really enjoyed being in your other collab)

The only thing I missed here was an embeded youtube video - doesn't matter though I got the video to play in the end! smile.gif

Mixes sounded great as well - well done everybody!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
Jan 28 2009, 07:46 PM
Instructor
Thank you Kristofer. The reason for this attachments are because I wouldn't really like these videos on youtube. I hope everybody can respect my decision on this. Keep them here for us and when I get better video equipment and talk more relaxed then we can do one promotional for YouTube.

Cheers

Audiopaal and Berko are uploaded.

--------------------

www.emirhot.com

+Quote Post
Tjchep
Jan 28 2009, 08:08 PM
I have to say, just listening to the collab, you've done a great job mixing everything smile.gif

And tolek man! Great take broo!!

--------------------
Check out my playing here - https://www.youtube.com/user/tjchep

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
Jan 28 2009, 08:21 PM
Instructor
Thank you smile.gif

update: Col Roberts uploaded

--------------------

www.emirhot.com

+Quote Post
lcsdds
Jan 28 2009, 08:52 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
Watch the first three Emir and they are awesome. Very useful information here. I think you are definitely raising the bar on the GMC collaborations. biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
enforcer
Jan 28 2009, 09:00 PM
Yeah man, I agree Monte, there are lots of important tips there! I just watched and again and again impressed by this incredible dedication, evaluating everything like note by note. I am speechless!

On the other hand, the turn is mine, so I am terrified really, I know this will improve but I am no longer confident about my solo anymore laugh.gif

--------------------

incoming spoiler read it at your own risk!

Spoiler:

Vigier G.V Wood HH
American Stratocaster Maple Standart with X2N bridge pickups
Samwick Artist custom modified Baswood Lespaul with S.Duncan JB and N56 pickups
Self made Fretless Strat type made of Rosewood/Maple with self wound Neck and Ibanez V8 Bridge Pickups
Floor Pod 2.0 Amp Simulation System
Pod Xt Pro Rack Amp Simulation System
Digitech TSR 12 Rack Effect and Studio Reverb
Behringer Composer Rack Compressor Expander
Morley Bad Horsie Wah Pedal
Behringer FB1010 Floor Board

it, surely, spoiled me!!!

and may the force be with you :)

+Quote Post
audiopaal
Jan 28 2009, 09:08 PM
Competitions Coordinator - Up the Irons
Wow, thank you so much for the comments!
And in video format as well, awesome smile.gif

I know exactly what you mean, I should build it up to a climax before I tone it down again for an ending smile.gif
Actually, when I listen to the solo again, I should have heard this recording it as it is a bit dull..
But I'm glad you like some parts and the sound smile.gif

I will record another take on this backing and hopefully you can hear it and tell me if I do better smile.gif
I'll do better on your next collab, I promise smile.gif

Awesome comments, thanks again!
It means a lot getting tips from an accomplished guitarist like you smile.gif

+Quote Post
utak3r
Jan 28 2009, 09:32 PM
Just watched the video... thanks a lot Emir for your effort! biggrin.gif
can't wait... I knew I'll be in the last group... rolleyes.gif

--------------------
Machines don't bleed that easily...
utak3r.pl

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
Jan 28 2009, 09:43 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (lcsdds @ Jan 28 2009, 07:52 PM) *
Watch the first three Emir and they are awesome. Very useful information here. I think you are definitely raising the bar on the GMC collaborations. biggrin.gif

Thanks Monte. The point of these collaborations should really be that you learn something. At least I see it that way smile.gif

QUOTE (enforcer @ Jan 28 2009, 08:00 PM) *
Yeah man, I agree Monte, there are lots of important tips there! I just watched and again and again impressed by this incredible dedication, evaluating everything like note by note. I am speechless!

On the other hand, the turn is mine, so I am terrified really, I know this will improve but I am no longer confident about my solo anymore laugh.gif

Thanks bro, I had a little break now I am doing yours smile.gif

QUOTE (audiopaal @ Jan 28 2009, 08:08 PM) *
Wow, thank you so much for the comments!
And in video format as well, awesome smile.gif

I know exactly what you mean, I should build it up to a climax before I tone it down again for an ending smile.gif
Actually, when I listen to the solo again, I should have heard this recording it as it is a bit dull..
But I'm glad you like some parts and the sound smile.gif

I will record another take on this backing and hopefully you can hear it and tell me if I do better smile.gif
I'll do better on your next collab, I promise smile.gif

Awesome comments, thanks again!
It means a lot getting tips from an accomplished guitarist like you smile.gif

Cheers mate. I am glad you got the point even from my "Borat" English speaking style smile.gif

QUOTE (utak3r @ Jan 28 2009, 08:32 PM) *
Just watched the video... thanks a lot Emir for your effort! biggrin.gif
can't wait... I knew I'll be in the last group... rolleyes.gif

Thanks. The last group will not be posted tomorrow but the day after

--------------------

www.emirhot.com

+Quote Post
Tolek
Jan 28 2009, 09:54 PM
Learning Rock Star
Well, this collaboration surely expands the borders of collabs in general at GMC thanks to the video comments. smile.gif A very good idea actually.

I´m too tired to write something about your big competence and kindness and so on, just read enforcer´s comment and you´ll see my thoughts. biggrin.gif

And tolek man! Great take broo!!

Thank you, tjchep, very nice to hear! smile.gif Yours was cool, too.

Good night everybody!

+Quote Post
Piotr Kaczor
Jan 28 2009, 10:05 PM
Instructor
Wise man say... Awesome video Emir!!! You are a truly master, mate!!!

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile

+Quote Post

11 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 12:45 AM