Well, I Got A Dumb Story, Anyone got anything else
The Uncreator
Mar 8 2010, 11:44 PM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
So i've spent all day wondering why my music sounds weird on my mp3 players. I spent2 hours rebuilding the drum sound and structure making sure everything was the way I wanted it, then another couple hours messing with the music itself. And I finally found the problem and feel kinda dumb.

The EQ on my MP3 player is at -5 across the board laugh.gif

Yeah, so Id thought I'd share my moment of dumbness with ya smile.gif Anyone did anything dumb lately? laugh.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Staffy
Mar 8 2010, 11:49 PM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (The Uncreator @ Mar 8 2010, 11:44 PM) *
So i've spent all day wondering why my music sounds weird on my mp3 players. I spent2 hours rebuilding the drum sound and structure making sure everything was the way I wanted it, then another couple hours messing with the music itself. And I finally found the problem and feel kinda dumb.

The EQ on my MP3 player is at -5 across the board laugh.gif

Yeah, so Id thought I'd share my moment of dumbness with ya smile.gif Anyone did anything dumb lately? laugh.gif

Yeps, I was playing 5 songs last friday on my gig with the wah-wah in treble position - and wondered: "Why the heck is the guitar sounding like a squeeling pig?" And I dont discovered it until the wah-wah SHOULD be used.... Dumb enough???

//Staffay

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

Guitars: Ibanez AM-200, Ibanez GB-10, Fender Stratocaster Classic Player, Warmouth Custom Built, Suhr Classic Strat, Gibson Les Paul Standard 2003, Ibanez steel-string
Amps: Fender Hot Rod Deluxe, Marshall JMP 2103, AER 60
Effects: BOSS DD-20, Danelectro Trans. Overdrive, TC-Electronics G-Major, Dunlop Wah-wah, Original SansAmp, BOSS DD-2
Music by Staffy can be found at: Staffay at MySpace

+Quote Post
Tomas Santa Clar...
Mar 8 2010, 11:53 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
some one wants a gmc funny xD

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Mar 9 2010, 12:07 AM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
I'm hoping for someone to make me feel better by telling a dumber story laugh.gif

+Quote Post
jafomatic
Mar 9 2010, 12:19 AM
GMC:er
I wondered to myself, for a decent amount of time, why the fifth interval was called the fifth interval beacuse whenever I counted I came up with seven. I was so sure it was supposed to be five!

Btw, I made a thread for this somewhere.. months ago. "Stupid things you didn't know" or whatever. Maybe I'll find a link for that; you'll get a couple more stories from it.

--------------------
::jafomatic

http://jafomatic.net/tunes/ <-- Here lies the master collection of my collaboration and other improvisation recordings.

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Mar 9 2010, 01:58 AM
Instructor
Happened to me with Winamp on several occasions as well wink.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
blindwillie
Mar 9 2010, 08:03 AM
Here's your sign biggrin.gif

--------------------

Schecter C1 Hellraiser EMG 81/85, replaced with JB/Jazz (SH4/SH2n) w. coilsplit
Schecter Revenger HB-105, replaced with EMG 81/85
Stratocaster Deluxe Players Noiseless
Ibanez 2550z
Blackstar HT5H, Blackheart BH5H w. BH112, Laney LX35D, Line6 Pod XT, Marshall MS-2
Headphones: Sennheiser RS120

Stay tuned...

+Quote Post
Gitarrero
Mar 9 2010, 08:48 AM
Accomplished Rock Star
Hehe, cool story.
Something dumb happened to me yesterday. I practised a few of Lian's lessons and went to my band rehearsal later. After the first song everyone was like: "something sounds really weird here!". Guess what, my guitar was still tuned down 1/2 step...d'oh!

This post has been edited by Gitarrero: Mar 9 2010, 08:48 AM

--------------------
Check my band project with fellow GMCer VilleFIN
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

+Quote Post
zen
Mar 9 2010, 09:03 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
Oh no my friends, i doubt anyone can top this one .. now you all are gonna find out how dumb I am smile.gif

My gear knowledge is very very bad. After buying a guitar with active pickups and playing for a while, i started hearing a loss of sound level and poor quality .. I changed the cable, i checked all my softwares, I troubled a lot of people over it too......

BUT NO !! I DID NOT KNOW THAT A BATTERY GOES INTO THESE PUPS !! Hence the word 'Active' pickup !! Damn you all !! ph34r.gif blink.gif wacko.gif mad.gif .... tongue.gif

--------------------
"If the need is deep, you WILL find a way , if it isn't, you'll find some excuse"

Check out my Student Instructor Lesson on Metal Riffing HERE

Visit My Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Damir Puh
Mar 9 2010, 11:20 AM
Instructor
Imagine this: you go on stage, there's no sound from your speakers, you check the power, connections on the pedalboard, you check the amp, everything seems fine, you check again and once again... Then you realize there's no cable in your guitar's input jack. You turn your head and watch your drummer laughing his ass off. dry.gif

Yes, it happened to me! laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Jesse
Mar 9 2010, 12:15 PM
... spending about an hour looking for my cap...

then realiing it's on my head.

--------------------
Don't just play it. Feel it!

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Mar 9 2010, 02:06 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
I was jamming a song or two on tone rehearsal with a band not realizing one string was tuned whole step higher - I was just wondering " Well this doesn't sound right whats the problem am I missing the notes "... I tuned guitar before that jam using a tuner which showed the in tune position (I didn't pay attention to which note is it hehehehe).

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Vasilije Vukmiro...
Mar 9 2010, 02:18 PM
Jazz Instructor
Yeah I know how you feel. It is often so with computers and software in general. smile.gif

+Quote Post
Daniel Realpe
Mar 15 2010, 03:31 PM
Instructor
the pressed-on wah happened to me once too in a gig...that's a tough to figure out when you are in a rush

--------------------
Visit my:
INSTRUCTOR PROFILE

"If a composer could say what he had to say in words he would not bother trying to say it in music."
Gustav Mahler

Subscribe to my Youtube Channel here

+Quote Post
Dennizzz119
Mar 15 2010, 04:31 PM
QUOTE (Daniel Realpe @ Mar 15 2010, 03:31 PM) *
the pressed-on wah happened to me once too in a gig...that's a tough to figure out when you are in a rush

Geheheh, lol tongue.gif

--------------------

Skill level 5/10

Equipment:

- Fender Highway one Upgrade Telecaster
- Ibanez JEM555 Vai Signature
- Noname acoustic :P

- Marshall JCM2000
- Stagg crappy 10w

Savings for a Gibson SG '61 Reissue:
120€ / 1400

If You don't believe in it, You'll never achieve it,

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th March 2024 - 08:22 AM