Ngd - Korina Kontent!
SixStringSamurai
Sep 7 2014, 02:43 AM
GMC:er
So... work paid out a bonus recently. Obviously, buying more stuff is more important than trivial concerns like saving... laugh.gif

I spent some time on the internet trying to find something a bit special to buy. I think I succeeded.

I give you... a Washburn Custom Shop N4 Korina. Korina body and neck, gloss finish on the body and oiled neck.

Since I also have a swamp ash N4, I thought it'd be interesting to do an A/B between the two, since all other details of construction and pickups are nearly identical.

Which one do you like better? http://sixstringsamurai.co.nz/2014/09/07/t...rina-vs-n4-esa/

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
http://www.six-string-samurai.com - Gear reviews for the terminally GAS-afflicted.

Thank you to John at GMC for inviting me to hang out and talk gear with you guys!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
DeGroot
Sep 7 2014, 02:36 PM
Experienced Guitar Hero

Nice guitar and demo! I listened to the A/B and gotta say I like the sound of the korina better. Sounds lively and crisp (sounds more Nuno-ish too). They both sound great but the swamp ash sounded more dense and didn't quite jump out at me like the korina.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Mertay
Sep 8 2014, 02:27 PM
Tough to choose one smile.gif for tone you used personally I liked the ash better but its very clear what you mean with the Korina. I'd guess the ash is more on the shreddy side while the korina is more balanced/expensive.

What I'd do in this situation is try get the best "feeling" for each but not meaning setup-wise. I'm a huge believer on tone effecting playability, hard to describe how to choose but its a gut thing. Hopefully you're not in a rush as it might take time to choose which one.

They're both great guitars and since you didn't buy them to re-sell them whatever you choose would be right for you. I totally get the Korina being rare is pretty cool but this shouldn't determine more than it should for you smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
lothomer
Sep 11 2014, 10:31 PM
Very cool a/b comparison between both guitars, Kind of Wood matters a lot. I do prefer the korina. Cool demo also. As for me i do prefer the Korina, sounds more complete, nice growl in deep freq. The swamp ash sounds a little more compressed in the mid freq.
Thanks again for that cool comparison - more of that!

--------------------
Never too old to rock!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 10:24 PM