Scirocco
Rammikin
Sep 19 2015, 11:47 PM
Experienced Rock Star
Here's a new song, with video animation, from my industrial metal project:

https://vimeo.com/channels/somewheretohide/139620584

Any comments, feedback, or suggestions would be appreciated. It's a difficult one to mix.

Also, I created a facebook page for this project. If you're interested in following the progress of this project, please visit the page and click the page Like button:

https://www.facebook.com/RodrigoSpacecraft

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Sep 21 2015, 08:37 AM
GMC Founder
Very cool - love the electronic mix and killer riffs.

Though this sounds really cool already, I think a punchier rhythm guitar sound could lift this to a new level.

If you say this one was difficult to mix, then maybe you started out with a guitar sound that sounded big on its own - but needed EQ:ing to fit the mix? Best is if you can find a sound that sounds great in the mix without any post EQ, because the more EQ you add afterwards the thinner it will usually sound.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
yoncopin
Sep 21 2015, 03:29 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
I think this is awesome, the video gives it a cool atmosphere to identify with. Really well done, I enjoyed it a lot.

This post has been edited by yoncopin: Sep 21 2015, 03:29 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Sep 21 2015, 04:24 PM
Instructor
Great stuff! I think that this combination of animation with music is giving a very unique personality to your music. The mix of powerful guitars and electronic sound fit great on this track.

About mix, it's the only thing that I think could be improved on this one. I feel that drums could sound bigger for this style, and that hi hat sound doesn't convince me, it's too weak. While I'm writing this and listening I'm thinking that trying some other drum vsti or samples coukld be a good idea.

I've just liked your page. wink.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Rammikin
Sep 22 2015, 04:25 PM
Experienced Rock Star
Thanks everybody.

Kris - Yes, I carved out some mids in the guitars to leave room for the synths, but I'll work on that some more. You're right, they could be more "in your face".

Gabriel - I layered some electronic drums on top of the acoustic drums to give it more of an EDM feel, but maybe I went too far?

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Sep 22 2015, 06:00 PM
Instructor
What's EDM feel?

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Rammikin
Sep 22 2015, 07:52 PM
Experienced Rock Star
In order to add to the electronic feel of the track, I used some electronic drum sounds. The primary drums are a metal acoustic kit from Superior. But I added a second, electronic, kit from Stylus RMX. I think you're saying the balance between those two kits should favor the acoustic kit more than the electronic kit?

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 12:42 AM