Max Payne - The Movie, 17th of October!!!!
Toni Suominen
Sep 15 2008, 08:27 PM
Instructor
I'm really excited about the upcoming Max Payne movie, since I am a major fan of the games. This is why I really hope they don't screw this one up, and that they could capture the feel of the games.

Maybe this could be the first "game-to-movie" that actually has some quality since every game-movie in the past (like Silent Hill and Hitman) weren't really that great.

Here's the trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FNbzbWrXWiY

Fingers crossed smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Toni Suominen: Sep 15 2008, 08:49 PM

--------------------
Gear:
-PRS Custom 22
-Edwards Les Paul
-PodXT
-Ibanez Acoustic

Check out my lessons and my instructor profile!

My Youtube channel

My Last.FM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Sep 15 2008, 09:22 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
Wow good news ! I liked that game very much...I don't know why movies based on games don't work though,. sad.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Sep 15 2008, 09:22 PM
Instructor
I hope the movie will be just as interesting as a new Batman. I loved Max Payne game, played it a lot.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Nemanja Filipovi...
Sep 15 2008, 09:47 PM
Singing Instructor
Looks expensive.I am so glad they pick Mark for this role,hi is the best man for the job.Cant wait to see it.

--------------------
Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

Participate im my new Crazy Blues Collaboration

+Quote Post
sigma7
Sep 15 2008, 09:51 PM
GMC:er
if high end stars are gonna be on it, then u no its gonna be good

--------------------

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Sep 15 2008, 09:51 PM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
First off I must say I loved Silent Hill, and Im a major fan of the games (Own all of them and the soundtracks smile.gif )

Secondly, I REALLY hope they pull of Max Payne well, I think Mark Wahlberg can do the part pretty good, And I loved the games, So I hope they get that dark, seedy underground city feel like they did in the first one. I loved it so much.

+Quote Post
sigma7
Sep 15 2008, 09:53 PM
Silent is one of my favorite movies ever...just loved it when the evil priestess got jacked by the barbed wire at the end...ohhhh and pyramid head uggghhhh! thats my sh**. haha Max Payne is gonna own

--------------------

+Quote Post
DeepRoots
Sep 15 2008, 09:57 PM
Get to da Chopper!
I find that game-to-movies are always far better than movie-to-games. Like those terrible games they push out whenever a big movie is about to be released, man they suck.

+Quote Post
Toni Suominen
Sep 15 2008, 10:30 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (DeepRoots @ Sep 15 2008, 09:57 PM) *
I find that game-to-movies are always far better than movie-to-games. Like those terrible games they push out whenever a big movie is about to be released, man they suck.

So true, they just do it to promote the movie and get some extra profits, and they spend like zero hours to developing them properly.

--------------------
Gear:
-PRS Custom 22
-Edwards Les Paul
-PodXT
-Ibanez Acoustic

My Youtube channel

My Last.FM

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Sep 15 2008, 10:35 PM
Instructor
Tons of slow motion action,Payne rules,can't wait for the movie,thanks for sharing!!! biggrin.gif

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

The Pianist
tune is progress,check it out!

"ok.. it is great.. :P

have you myspace? Can i to personalize this for you guy?"

+Quote Post
RIP Dime
Sep 16 2008, 08:24 AM
Toni, you've gotta be the coolest dude ever, you're an awesome metal guitarist, witch makes you cool enough, but you also like Max Payne! wub.gif laugh.gif

I'm also a big fan of the game, and the movie looks cool, but they better not screw it up, I hate Marky Mark enough for Rockstar because he did a bad Ripper Owens impression, but if he screw up Max Payne I'll be royally pissed. I really hope they don't swap out Valkyr the drug for the actual Norse goddess, witch it kinda looks like they did. And Ludacris as Jim Bravura...WTF

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
Toni Suominen
Sep 16 2008, 01:11 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (RIP Dime @ Sep 16 2008, 08:24 AM) *
Toni, you've gotta be the coolest dude ever, you're an awesome metal guitarist, witch makes you cool enough, but you also like Max Payne! wub.gif laugh.gif

I'm also a big fan of the game, and the movie looks cool, but they better not screw it up, I hate Marky Mark enough for Rockstar because he did a bad Ripper Owens impression, but if he screw up Max Payne I'll be royally pissed. I really hope they don't swap out Valkyr the drug for the actual Norse goddess, witch it kinda looks like they did. And Ludacris as Jim Bravura...WTF

Hehe, thanks dude, nice to know that we share the enthusiasm! biggrin.gif

Yeah, when I first looked up on IMDB that they had cast Ludacris as Bravura I was pretty shocked aswell. Maybe it will work, maybe it won't, we'll see smile.gif

--------------------
Gear:
-PRS Custom 22
-Edwards Les Paul
-PodXT
-Ibanez Acoustic

My Youtube channel

My Last.FM

+Quote Post
Iron King
Oct 18 2008, 05:59 AM
I was a huge fan of the game series... HUGE FAN
but this movie was aweful, one of the worst big movies I've seen in the past few years

check out this review
I won't bother giving an extensive summary of my thoughts, but these guys nail it

http://www.spill.com/Audio/AudioPost.aspx?...BlogPost:668750

+Quote Post
ItsMe
Oct 21 2008, 06:39 PM
Ok the movie was not good !!!!!!
But it wasn't the biggest [poobag] ever. It still entertained me, the photography and set design was quite good and it didn't bore me to death. Having said that I have to admitt that a PG-13 movie can't really transport the gritty feeling of the games (I played through all of them). And yes, they didn't stick to the game in every aspect but I don't care. I never expect the exact same feeling and connection from a movie if I compare it to the book, comic, or game it is based on.
If you are one of the fans that need everything to be exactly like your own imagination dictates you, forget the movie. If you don't care and just want to see some slightly stupid flick with some cool action, it's for you.

Edited for language - Andrew

+Quote Post
RIP Dime
Oct 21 2008, 07:09 PM
Gawd, I was a huge fan of the games, and was stoked for the movie(see above posts). This movie sucked, I now hate Marky Mark even more, but the worst thing they did....was make Max Payne wear a turtleneck.

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
opeth.db
Oct 21 2008, 08:49 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
I thought it was good. I was entertained for 5 bucks.
But Im not sitting here and over analizing it and comparing it to anything.

It is what it is.

I'd give it a 6.5 out of 10.

This post has been edited by opeth.db: Oct 21 2008, 08:50 PM

--------------------
My Gear
Ibanez RG570 Silver
Jackson Ofset V Randy Rhodes Signature
Mitchell Acoustic
Custom Ibanez S series (Currently working on)
X2 XDS95 Digital Wireless system
Line 6 MKII
8 Channel USB Roland Mixer

My Site
www.shredwork.com

Learn how to count. It's what separates the hack and the pros IMHO. -LCSDDS

+Quote Post
TreyDeschamp
Jan 23 2009, 04:22 AM
Learning Apprentice Player
Saw the movie today....dont really remember the game much probably because my older brothers were playing it while I was younger and I watched but it honestly was ok.....it was a cool movie

This post has been edited by TreyDeschamp: Jan 23 2009, 04:23 AM

--------------------
Check out my Youtube!
Add me on Facebook!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th March 2024 - 02:54 AM