Older lessons vs Mac Users
Scott Gentzen
Jan 30 2007, 10:49 PM
GMC:er
I'm having trouble looking at the older lessons on the site. The newer flash-based ones are fine but the way the Media Player files are linked, I'm not able to view them in-line with the web page on my Mac. The problem is the same with Safari and Firefox...it treats it as a bad plugin and doesn't show the videos.

So, what I have to do is view source and link directly to the wmv file and view it that way.

I'm not up to the point where I'm able to complete those lessons anyway but is there a plan to either convert these to the new format or at least to something like the How to use a metronome lesson?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Guitars: ESP Semi-Hollow Eclipse, 1984 Ibanez Roadstar RS440, Peavey T-60, Daisy Rock Rock Candy Custom
Amps: Peavey Transformer 112, Epiphone Valve Jr head with custom 2x12 cab
Pedals: Boss TU-2, Budda Bud-Wah, Chuck Collins Harmonic Percolator clone
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Jan 30 2007, 11:14 PM
GMC Founder
QUOTE (Scott Gentzen @ Jan 30 2007, 10:49 PM) *
I'm having trouble looking at the older lessons on the site. The newer flash-based ones are fine but the way the Media Player files are linked, I'm not able to view them in-line with the web page on my Mac. The problem is the same with Safari and Firefox...it treats it as a bad plugin and doesn't show the videos.

So, what I have to do is view source and link directly to the wmv file and view it that way.

I'm not up to the point where I'm able to complete those lessons anyway but is there a plan to either convert these to the new format or at least to something like the How to use a metronome lesson?

Have you got the latest version of media player for mac?

Kris

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Scott Gentzen
Jan 31 2007, 10:03 AM
Actually, yes. Media Player 9.

I can watch the videos no problem once I manually download them. It's just not getting the embedded link for some reason.

Works on Windows on Firefox. Was hoping that I wasn't alone with problems with that stuff. Maybe I am. sigh. Back to the drawing board?

--------------------
Guitars: ESP Semi-Hollow Eclipse, 1984 Ibanez Roadstar RS440, Peavey T-60, Daisy Rock Rock Candy Custom

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Jan 31 2007, 03:12 PM
GMC Founder
QUOTE (Scott Gentzen @ Jan 31 2007, 10:03 AM) *
Actually, yes. Media Player 9.

I can watch the videos no problem once I manually download them. It's just not getting the embedded link for some reason.

Works on Windows on Firefox. Was hoping that I wasn't alone with problems with that stuff. Maybe I am. sigh. Back to the drawing board?

Perhaps it's a matter of configuring the setting in the browser - a Windows somputer with wrong plug-in settings won't play some embed files either. Unfortunately I cannot tell you exactly how to do that... sad.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Scott Gentzen
Jan 31 2007, 08:40 PM
QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Jan 31 2007, 02:12 PM) *
Perhaps it's a matter of configuring the setting in the browser - a Windows somputer with wrong plug-in settings won't play some embed files either. Unfortunately I cannot tell you exactly how to do that... sad.gif

I'll work on it. If I figure it out I'll post it here in case someone else has a problem.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 02:23 PM