6 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Dieterle's Bootcamp, Two Picks Enter, One Pick Leaves!!
Dieterle
Jan 31 2013, 03:57 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
Thank you Todd , so i go for Lesson part 3 biggrin.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Feb 1 2013, 11:34 PM
GMC:er
You got it Soldier!! You have ranked up!! Onward!!

Sarge
Todd

QUOTE (Dieterle @ Jan 31 2013, 09:57 AM) *
Thank you Todd , so i go for Lesson part 3 biggrin.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Dieterle
Feb 5 2013, 08:17 PM
Hello Todd here part 3 record wink.gif

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Feb 6 2013, 06:23 AM
Well fought Soldier!!!! You have got the idea here, but one thing needs a bit more time on the shooting range. There is a little gap in time when you change strings. Try to play all six note in a very even way, then move up one fret. You are almost playing triplet groups here which is cool! But not the mission at hand. Slow down the metronome and strike one note per beat then speed up!

Todd

QUOTE (Dieterle @ Feb 5 2013, 02:17 PM) *
Hello Todd here part 3 record wink.gif

+Quote Post
Dieterle
Feb 10 2013, 09:59 AM
Good morning !

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Feb 11 2013, 07:30 AM
Soldier I hate to have you keep covering the same ground, but this is very important for your growth as a Soldier, I mean, a PLAYER!! Your playing the lick correctly, it's just not tied to the metronome yet in a close enough way to rank this mission. It may be you are pushing the metronome too fast. These are precision drills so speed isn't as important as precision. Try to slow down the metronome and make one pick strike per click. Match each and every strike to a click, doesn't matter how slow you play it, as long as there is a direct link between each pick strike and the metronome. This is the basis of your ability to play "on rythm"
You are very close Soldier! Don't give up!!!

One tip, add a bit of gain/distortion and it will allow you to pick strike with less force and fret with less force which will make playing evenly far easier. It's the secret sauce smile.gif

Todd

QUOTE (Dieterle @ Feb 10 2013, 03:59 AM) *
Good morning !

+Quote Post
Dieterle
Feb 11 2013, 08:17 PM
OK Todd here ;

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Feb 18 2013, 01:37 PM
Well Fought Soldier!!! This is what I'm talking about. You are playing evenly and cleanly, nice! In short, you have ....

LEVELED UP!!!!!!

MEDAL OF HONOR
1.)Even/Measured Play
2.)Playing with the beat
3.)Good hand synch

Here are your new colors Soldier!!!

Attached Image

Todd
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Feb 18 2013, 07:23 AM) *
Soldier I must have missed this one! My bad! Shoot me a Personal Message when you complete a mission so I can come debrief smile.gif I'll check this one now.

Todd

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Feb 18 2013, 01:38 PM

+Quote Post
Dieterle
Feb 18 2013, 07:57 PM
Hey Todd Lick 4 first go !

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Feb 18 2013, 08:56 PM
Soldier your playing is very even and measured which is very good! Your sitting on the metronome and striking with the beats so your half way home!!! I notice your thumb is riding up over the top of the neck a bit and your playing position looks almost painfully uncomfortable. It's really important to develop good practice habits/posture, etc. especially at the start so that you don't burn in bad habits that can take years to break. It may feel awkward at first, but I"m sure it will help your playing if you sit in classical position for these missions. I found a pic of a guy with a electric jazz guitar sitting in pretty good position. Take a look at this and try do sit sorta like this.

Attached Image

QUOTE (Dieterle @ Feb 18 2013, 01:57 PM) *
Hey Todd Lick 4 first go !

+Quote Post
Dieterle
Feb 18 2013, 10:08 PM
OK i go for it !

Thank you Todd smile.gif

QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Feb 18 2013, 08:56 PM) *
Soldier your playing is very even and measured which is very good! Your sitting on the metronome and striking with the beats so your half way home!!! I notice your thumb is riding up over the top of the neck a bit and your playing position looks almost painfully uncomfortable. It's really important to develop good practice habits/posture, etc. especially at the start so that you don't burn in bad habits that can take years to break. It may feel awkward at first, but I"m sure it will help your playing if you sit in classical position for these missions. I found a pic of a guy with a electric jazz guitar sitting in pretty good position. Take a look at this and try do sit sorta like this.

Attached Image

+Quote Post
Dieterle
Feb 21 2013, 06:28 PM
Hey Todd, here a record with straight Back rolleyes.gif and i can say i sit comfortable like that !

My thumb hmm, should i shorten and cut it a bit ? huh.gif

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Feb 22 2013, 08:02 PM
Much better Soldier! smile.gif

Your playing is nice and even, strikes are clean, posture is better too!! As for your thumb rebellion. Hmm. Well, cutting it off is probably to harsh. Try this.

*Before you start playing, put your thumb in the dead center of the neck. Half way between top string and bottom string. Then let you fingers gently fall towards the string without moving your thumb. You'll have to adjust your fingers for this and won't have the same leverage you are accustomed to. However, getting over this hurdle will open your playing in ways you can't imagine!

But as far as this mission, you officially....

!!!!LEVELED UP!!!!

MEDAL OF HONOR
1.)Clean Strikes
2.)Even/Solid Timing
3.)Better Posture/Attack Stance

Your new colors!!!

Attached Image

QUOTE (Dieterle @ Feb 21 2013, 12:28 PM) *
Hey Todd, here a record with straight Back rolleyes.gif and i can say i sit comfortable like that !

My thumb hmm, should i shorten and cut it a bit ? huh.gif

+Quote Post
Dieterle
Feb 28 2013, 08:10 AM
Hallo Todd !

Here my newest record :-)

Form now on i wanna try 2 strikes per note - ... maybe one day 4 ;-)

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Feb 28 2013, 06:49 PM
Well played Soldier!! And the double picking is a nice touch!!! smile.gif However, Soldier we have got to work on your hand position!! Maybe I can record a video to go in to more detail on it as I don't seem to be connecting with you using the forums/posts. Of course, you can have any posture/position you like when jamming, but for these workouts/misisons, I really am going to be a stickler for proper technique/position/posture.

Your playing in this vid is good smile.gif It's your hand position that is preventing a richly deserved combat badge!!! Take a look at your hand position in this video. Then look back over the videos I've posted in your thread so far, and at the pictures I"ve posted. I want you to see if you can isolate what I"m prattling on about smile.gif

I notice you are not using any gain/distortion, that may be adding to the issue. Without any gain/distortion, you'll have to overcommit to each finger fretting each note and this will result in your hand curling up in to a ball. This has long term problems in that it teaches your hand to stay curled in a ball instead of extended. Each of these missions builds to the next and you will need some serious finger reach very soon, so we have to loosen your hand.

P.S. Back out a bit and let me see how you are sitting. It seems like you are all cramped up and the guitar is sitting on the top of your right knee? Something is in need of a modification so shoot me a wider shot and we will work it out smile.gif

Todd

QUOTE (Dieterle @ Feb 28 2013, 02:10 AM) *
Hallo Todd !

Here my newest record :-)

Form now on i wanna try 2 strikes per note - ... maybe one day 4 ;-)

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Feb 28 2013, 06:53 PM

+Quote Post
Dieterle
Feb 28 2013, 07:30 PM
Hey Todd here i made a pic for you cool.gif

[attachment=30938:Foto_am_...um_19.22.jpg]

and here one pic with my thump smile.gif

[attachment=30939:Foto_am_...um_19.29.jpg]

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Mar 1 2013, 08:45 PM
BINGO!!!! That's some splendid form there smile.gif Some players are comfy playing all scrunched or side saddle, but I gotta say I think decent posture/position can really help when learning new things. Once I started using more formal posture when I was taking some classical lessons, my playing improved dramatically. I didn't realize i'd been squeezing the neck to much and impeding my ability to reach certain notes. But then again I never tried a huge stretch landing with a pinky til I started playing classical bits.

Todd

QUOTE (Dieterle @ Feb 28 2013, 01:30 PM) *
Hey Todd here i made a pic for you cool.gif

[attachment=30938:Foto_am_...um_19.22.jpg]

and here one pic with my thump smile.gif

[attachment=30939:Foto_am_...um_19.29.jpg]

+Quote Post
Dieterle
Mar 3 2013, 12:35 PM
Hello Todd here my next record

Lick 5 in 150 and 160 bpm .

I getting used to use my thumb in right position - most the time tongue.gif but will get programmed step by step rolleyes.gif

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Mar 5 2013, 01:08 AM
YES!!!!! YA!!!!! This is what I'm talking about smile.gif Your picking is clean, even, steady and solid. Each strike is married to a fretted note and to the metronome. Also, your form is MUCH improved!! A little more Gain/Distortion would probably make your picking hand not have to work quite as hard, but that's a small matter. Well fought Soldier!!

P.S. The addition of DOUBLE PICKING is also a nice touch smile.gif It's a great way to work your Alternate Picking!

MEDAL OF HONOR

Attached Image

QUOTE (Dieterle @ Mar 3 2013, 06:35 AM) *
Hello Todd here my next record

Lick 5 in 150 and 160 bpm .

I getting used to use my thumb in right position - most the time tongue.gif but will get programmed step by step rolleyes.gif

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Mar 5 2013, 01:10 AM

+Quote Post
Dieterle
Mar 8 2013, 06:41 PM
Ok, Todd here Number 6 biggrin.gif

+Quote Post

6 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 11:39 PM