> HEY MAN, I really need your help...

...the thing is, I need you to start progressing faster then ever, but to achieve that I need your help:

* Don't know where to start? Just pm me and we will sort it out directly, I am online every day.

* Join My Army. Sounds aggressive? It is! We can study anything from the most fearsome picking techniques to bombastic songwriting. A medal of honor awaits the brave. Seriously, this is an opportunity for you to get a personalised learning experience...what are you waiting for?!

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Finally I want to tell you a secret. Nah I changed my mind - pm me instead ;)

8 Pages V  « < 5 6 7 8 >  
Victor's Thread, for Gab's Army
Gabriel Leopardi
May 18 2021, 03:42 PM
Instructor
Excellent! keep me updated!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Victor Simion
May 19 2021, 09:12 PM
Learning Roadie
Low Pressure Exercise:

Exercise 1 - Full Scale

Exercise 2 - Hand Synch

Exercise 3 - Hand Synch

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
May 20 2021, 05:24 PM
Instructor

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Victor Simion
May 23 2021, 07:49 PM
Learning Roadie
Hi,

This is 75 BPM:

This is 80 BPM: This is played twice.

I notice that I keep thumb of the fretting hand like you said I shouldn't.
I think it's happening because when I go from lower to higher strings I don't change the thumb position so that's why the thumb gets bent.

In order to play this exercises as clean as possible I have to focus and take more takes.
It happens that in some takes I miss a note and in other takes other notes are not sounding as clean as possible.
Then I focus not to miss that specific note and I end up missing another one, or making some notes not clean.
So my playing is not consistent.

Here is Warming up with Lian:

This is how I feel about this exercise:
- Not very fast
- It works your stamina
- It works your hand stretch in the last part.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
May 24 2021, 08:42 PM
Instructor
Hi Victor, great stuff here!

I think that your left hand looks more relaxed now so the minimal effort exercise is giving good results. This means that you should keep it in your daily practice, and also keep these exercises that you've shared here.

Your technique looks good, you need to continue practicing these exercises and apply the ideas that I've already shared in previous videos.

- Work on smaller blocks.
- Isolate hands.
- Always remember to economize movements and strength.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Victor Simion
May 28 2021, 05:50 PM
Learning Roadie
Here I created smaller exercises from the exercises, and then put all of them together.

https://youtu.be/2Tw2Rgeo3no

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
May 31 2021, 03:08 PM
Instructor

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Victor Simion
Jun 3 2021, 07:16 PM
Learning Roadie
Hi,

I created the following Looping exercises based on Hand Synch:
Ex1

Ex2

Ex3

Ex4

Let me know what you think, if I am ready to push speed, or practicing something else.

This post has been edited by Victor Simion: Jun 3 2021, 07:18 PM

Attached image(s)
Attached Image

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jun 4 2021, 06:07 PM
Instructor

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Victor Simion
Jun 4 2021, 09:07 PM
Learning Roadie

About Pinky Finger
It seems impossible for me to keep the pinky finger closer. Maybe if I play very slow and concentrate on the pinky finger, painfully slow, like one note each second.

About Speed
I think I should be able to keep hand synch at 80BPM (sextuplets) that is 120BPM(quarter notes)
About 85BPM, maybe I could play some exercsies with my hands in synch but not all of them

--------------------

+Quote Post
Victor Simion
Jun 5 2021, 06:51 PM
Learning Roadie
Hi,

Here are again some of the last exercises I created from lesson Hand Synch I, played at 80BPM.

Exercise 1 feels a bit hard to be played in a loop since I have to cross 3 to go back and forth.

Hand Synch II - by Ben Higgins

Played at full speed 100BPM, you can hear the metronome that I added from Reaper to help me keep in time.

The last part where I have to play sextuplets at 100BPM is above my level, I know I can't play it.
At first I thought I woudn't try to play it when making the video, but I decided to try and do it just for fun.
But that is very fast, sextuplets at 100BPM is 150BPM at quarter notes, if my calculation is correct and I think it is.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jun 7 2021, 05:26 PM
Instructor

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Victor Simion
Jun 7 2021, 09:03 PM
Learning Roadie
So this are the first exercises that I will practice:

Hand Synch I contains the exercises that I made before.

Hand Synch II contains only picking in thirds in G Major.
I will add other sequences later, but for know I feel that this is enough to practice.

We have the ascending version, then descending version, then I put them both together but there is a small difference, but it feels the right way to play like this? What do you think? Do you think my tab is correct?

Attached image(s)
Attached Image

Attached File(s)
Attached File  Hand_Synch_I.gp ( 9.31K ) Number of downloads: 5
Attached File  Hand_Synch_II.gp ( 9.82K ) Number of downloads: 4

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jun 8 2021, 07:14 PM
Instructor
Hi Victor, this looks good. Both options seem to be right for an exercise.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Victor Simion
Jun 10 2021, 11:10 AM
Learning Roadie
Ok, great

The potential for creating exercises are unlimited from the ideas that you shared with me.

Picking in thirds, how should we call it "132 pattern"? (This can be done ascending or descending)

Then the other pattern 1234, (both ascending and descending)

This ideas can be applied to a scale shape and can be moved around the fretboard, using the same shape, this will change the key we are playing in.

The same can be done for all scale shapes (move it around the freatboard).
I see that there are multiple scale shapes in the same key.

And we can also apply the shapes using one string.

Yes, that is a lot of material this could take up to months and months of creating exercises and practicing.
This can also give a lot of ideas for composing music.

Let me know what terminology should we use for specific patterns.
And help me on how to approach finishing some of my guitar compositions, I may attach a file next time.

This post has been edited by Victor Simion: Jun 10 2021, 05:03 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jun 12 2021, 12:46 AM
Instructor
Hi Victor, these are sequences. The possibilities are endless as you've said.

I would identify the first one as: 1324

and the second one as: 1234 2345.

Regarding your compositions, sure!! Let's go for it! smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Victor Simion
Jun 12 2021, 03:51 PM
Learning Roadie
Hi,

Here are the compositions.

Etude No. 2 is completed is just an example of how I made the lead guitar and the rhythm guitar, I don't know if it fits perfectly, because I just tried to search until it sounds right.

Etude No.3 I need to find an easy way to create the Rhythm Guitar.

This is one of my main issues:
Let's say I came up with a nice melody, what power chords should I play?

I know that I have to find the scale, but usually we have some fragments of scales and I am not sure which chords fits the best.

Attached File(s)
Attached File  Victor_s_Etude_No._2.gp ( 11.31K ) Number of downloads: 7
Attached File  Victor_s_Etude_No.3.gp ( 10.71K ) Number of downloads: 3

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jun 14 2021, 03:28 PM
Instructor
Hi Victor, how are you?

These two ideas have very cool melodic stuff. The first one shows that you still need to work on your harmonic knowledge. I feel that most of those chords are not the best choices for those lines.

Before we move forward with your songs, it would be important to know if you master the concepts covered in this course: https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/lessonser...ing-Essentials/

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Victor Simion
Jun 14 2021, 04:10 PM
Learning Roadie
Hi, I am good and you?

I will try to tell you how much I know and understand from songwritting essentials:

So I know the basic stuff like:
Introductory Lesson
- Intervals, Minor and Major Chords, Scales

- Chord Progressions
Then I learn how to build chord progressions, using C Major Scale for example, and other scales.

And I am here at:
- Add Melodies to Chords
- How To Harmonize A Melody

Those last 2 lessons( Add Melodies to Chords, How To Harmonize A Melody) I feel that still needs practice in order for me to assimilate them.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jun 14 2021, 04:23 PM
Instructor
That's good! Please take your time to go deep with the lessons and create your own stuff based on these concepts.

In order to know which chords you can use over a melody, you need to to have a good theory knowledge, and have experience building chord progressions and other stuff covered there.

You also need to learn and analyze other composer's compositions using the concepts that I've shared there. Write down progressions, identify the tonality, the scale, and how the notes related to the chords at each moment.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post

8 Pages V  « < 5 6 7 8 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th June 2021 - 10:07 PM