Elchals Bootcamp, Fight, fight some more, and keep on fighting!
Todd Simpson
Apr 24 2022, 01:34 AM
GMC:er
Welcome to SHRED BOOTCAMP! I'll be your Drill Instructor! And I do mean DRILL! As in a large power tool used in slasher films and Paul Gilbert concerts. Here is were you EARN THE LIVING DEATH out of your fingers and break through any speed bumps/barriers to become a MASTER CHIEF of Shred!
QUICK TIPS TO PREPARE YOU FOR BATTLE
*Make sure you get both hands in the shot when shooting your video*Make sure you use a metronome for the first several Missions and that the metronome can be heard.*After you complete a mission, shoot me a PM and let me know it's ready and I'll give you a debrief! These are pass / fail, so if you pass you BADGE UP and if not, I'll give you some feedback and you head in to the breach once again.
*The first several missions are VERY simple. They are just to get you used to the bootcamp process.
*Most importantly, there is NEVER a speed requirement in bootcamp. I want you to push yourself to play as brisk as you can, but NEVER at the expense of precision. If you find you are missing a note here and there, slow down a bit. Speed is just a byproduct of precision so my goal is to make you a very precise player. At that point, speed just happens.
MISSON #1

THE MISSION

1.)Your mission is to go all the way back to the very start. The base of the mountain.

LESSON 1. http://bitly.com/gmclesson1

Soldier, you are clearly an advanced player. I would like you to review lessons 1 through 9 and play each drill as practice. Once you are done, move on to MISSION 10. This is the one you will make in to a Mission video.

(Any speed, it's up to you, no points for speed, only points for playing in a precise manner as speed is simply a byproduct of precision) Shoot a video and embed it in this thread. Make sure to EMBED the video by clicking on INSERT SPECIAL ITEM above the smiley face and then you'll get a drop down menu. Click on INSERT YOUTUBE VIDEO and follow the instructions in the Pop Up Menu. I'll then offer a constructive and brutally honest critique.

THE AFTERMATH

Upon nailing the crap out of lesson one at a speed you didn't think possible, and playing it a clean as a freshly waxed floor, you will be given your first insignia of Rank in BOOTCAMP! You will then proceed to Lesson #11 and so forth. Here is the link to the entire 400 plus Lesson Library. https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/wiki/inde...rtal:Techniques

Here is the link to your own PRIVATE HOUSE OF PAIN!...Er I mean.. SHRED!

https://3zjh.short.gy/elchalsbootcamp

Practice!
Sarge

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Apr 24 2022, 01:45 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
ElChals
Apr 25 2022, 10:56 PM
Learning Tone Master
Hi Todd. Thank you very much for accepting me to Bootcamp. I just wanted to tell you that I'm still working on exercise number 10 just like you told me. I have set myself the goal of doing it at 140BPM, when I have it, I will post it here. Greetings.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Apr 26 2022, 10:26 PM
Looking forward to it Soldier!! Please do feel free to post a progress video and I'd be happy to give you some feedback which may help along the way.

QUOTE (ElChals @ Apr 25 2022, 05:56 PM) *
Hi Todd. Thank you very much for accepting me to Bootcamp. I just wanted to tell you that I'm still working on exercise number 10 just like you told me. I have set myself the goal of doing it at 140BPM, when I have it, I will post it here. Greetings.

+Quote Post
ElChals
May 3 2022, 11:29 PM
Learning Tone Master
Hi Todd. Here is finally my mission. It's not as good as I would like, but I think it's not too bad. I think it is a very good exercise for me and I am going to include it in my daily practice. Let's see what you think. Greetings.

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
May 5 2022, 02:57 AM
First Blood is drawn! Welcome to bootcamp Soldier!! This is a great way to get things going. This is one of my fave patterns. It's called a "Scale Inversion". You can run it on any scale you want. Great job on picking and muting which is what bootcamp focuses on.

I did notice you start rushing a bit toward the end of the drill and get ahead of the metronome. For the next mission, give me two takes. One at ripping full speed and one just a bit slower with a pinch more control.

You've got the idea on this one Soldier! Next up MISSION 11!!

To wit..

Attached Image
Attached Image

Welcome to Bootcamp! Onward to Mission 11!

Sarte

QUOTE (ElChals @ May 3 2022, 06:29 PM) *
Hi Todd. Here is finally my mission. It's not as good as I would like, but I think it's not too bad. I think it is a very good exercise for me and I am going to include it in my daily practice. Let's see what you think. Greetings.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 02:01 PM