Announcement : Student Instructors, (goodbye aspiring instructors!)
Andrew Cockburn
Mar 23 2008, 10:46 PM
Moderation Policy Director
Some of you may have noticed that the aspiring instructors forum has been renamed to "Student Instructors" - this is because we want to kick this whole part of the forum into high gear!

So accordingly, I'd like to instroduce our new Student Instructor Coordinator - none other than our good friend:

SMELLS

Chris has been doing an awesome with the Virtual Band section, so we thought he would be great to help get things moving here too.

So what is it? Well a student instructor in GMC terms is two things -

- A student who is writing lessons for other students
- A someone who is learning to be a GMC instructor

Both are very relevant here - we want to give students a chance to share their knowledge with other GMCers, and to earn the rank of "Student Instructor". In addition, Kris will be watching this board very carefully, and if standards are high enough, the very best stand a chance of becoming GMC instructors - we want to grow our own talent smile.gif The old title didn't really refelct this new philosophy, so we have had a rename and a relaunch to get things moving.

We will be accepting all types of entries, from written through audio only to full video. The emphasis is on quality no matter what the medium, and our student instructors will have an honoured status at GMC - as is always the case, we believe that outstanding contributers should be recognised for their hard work, and what better way to contribute than to help teach other students?

So, if you have a killer lick, or have recently mastered a hard technique, why not make a leeson out of it and post it as a lesson for others to learn?

As we aim to keep the standards high, we will be building a whole Wiki page out of this section, and we will highight the coolest lessons, and individual instructors - there will even be a slot or link for this on the front page - GMC will be putting its best foot forward, with our student instructors leading the way!

Thanks for taking this on Smells, and I'm looking forward to seeing some awesome lessons roll in!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile
Live long and prosper ...

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Acoustic Guitars : Taylor 816ce, Martin D-15, Line6 Variax Acoustic 300 Nylon
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Start new topic
Replies (1 - 19)
skennington
Mar 23 2008, 10:53 PM
Learning Roadie - Never Give Up - Moderator
Congrats man! I for one, can say Smells has helped me a ton!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Mar 23 2008, 11:02 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
This is a great opportunity..Congrats Smells on your new job! wink.gif

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Xranthoius
Mar 23 2008, 11:06 PM
GMC:er
Hey! Congrats Smells!!!

--------------------
IPB Image IPB Image

+Quote Post
Tjchep
Mar 23 2008, 11:09 PM
Woot!! Congrats smells!

--------------------
Check out my playing here - https://www.youtube.com/user/tjchep

+Quote Post
Chris Evans
Mar 23 2008, 11:10 PM
Learning Tone Guru - Community Coordinator & Moderator
what??? .... I never agreed to this?? laugh.gif joking of course! laugh.gif

Truly honoured to take up this exciting challenge, this is going to be an awesome oppotunity for us to share knowledge to the rest of the community! and hey ... who knows with some hard work and effort ..possibly a home grown instructor plucked from one of you .. wow! how cool!!

New guidelines will replace the exsisting ones we have on the board at the moment, I will be posting them soon after this smile.gif Have a good read as this is going to determine the level thats expected.

As soon as its possible (hopefully the next week or so, time allowing) I`ll post a lesson (or two) I`ve been working on lately to help get things underway biggrin.gif

I cant wait to start seeing some of the lessons come through, the standard is going to be high!, this is an oppotunity to really stand out and show us the cool things you have learnt and can teach us, so go get your cameras, fire up your recording gear, and lets see them lessons! biggrin.gif

Also, I`d just like to thank Kris & Andrew for the support and encouragment they continue to give me, thanks guys smile.gif

Edit: and of course all the instructors & members that have shown their support also, you guys truly ROCK!! thanks biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by Smells: Mar 23 2008, 11:11 PM

--------------------
Show us what part of the world you live in and get yourself
ON THE GMC:er Location MAP

+Quote Post
Jerry Arcidiacon...
Mar 23 2008, 11:14 PM
Instructor
Congrats Smells!!! Deserved! smile.gif

--------------------

::: Main Gear :::

Guitars: Washburn N4 Vintage | Washburn N2 | Washburn WI67Pro | Washburn WG-587 | Washburn EA20B
Amps: Laney GH50L (head) | Laney GS410 & GS212IE (cabinets) | Rocktron PROGAP Ultra (rack preamp) | Rocktron Velocity 150 (power amp) | Marshall VS230 (combo)
FXs: Rocktron Intellifex + custom pedalboard (check my video demo)
Other: Shredneck | Intellitouch PT10 tuner
Picks: Esseti Picks

Software & Recording Gear: Cubase 4 | Overloud TH1 | Mackie Onyx 400F | EZdrummer | Korg Pandora PX4D

-------------------------------------------------------

myspace.com/jerryarcidiacono

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

+Quote Post
MickeM
Mar 23 2008, 11:26 PM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
This is great news! biggrin.gif
And I sure hope you keep your own lessons coming too ;-) Your past contribution was just teriffic so I hope you can manage more of those!

Congratulations buddy! :-)

+Quote Post
audiopaal
Mar 23 2008, 11:28 PM
Competitions Coordinator - Up the Irons
Congratz Smells smile.gif

Hmm.. I will for sure post something here as soon as I can afford a webcam! smile.gif

I got another guitar coming my way in a few weeks (another one? Yes! Do I really need it? No! Do I want it? YES!) laugh.gif

In the meantime I'll give thought to what I can teach/show others! wink.gif

+Quote Post
Chris Evans
Mar 23 2008, 11:32 PM
QUOTE (audiopaal @ Mar 23 2008, 10:28 PM) *
Congratz Smells smile.gif

Hmm.. I will for sure post something here as soon as I can afford a webcam! smile.gif

Thanks mate, dont forget, you can submit an audio only lesson, just read the guidelines that I`ve now posted here https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...showtopic=13479 smile.gif

Thanks Micke smile.gif I plan to keep doing them, unsure.gif only I`ll have to UP the quality some now by my own guidelines laugh.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Mar 23 2008, 11:44 PM
Yeah, you'll have to reject your own entries unless you get a better quality camera!!!

--------------------

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post
Dejan Farkas
Mar 23 2008, 11:50 PM
Instructor
Congrats Smells smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Chris Evans
Mar 23 2008, 11:50 PM
QUOTE (Andrew Cockburn @ Mar 23 2008, 10:44 PM) *
Yeah, you'll have to reject your own entries unless you get a better quality camera!!!

laugh.gif I`m working on it

--------------------

+Quote Post
Smikey2006
Mar 24 2008, 12:08 AM
sounds like a really cool new movement smile.gif congratsz smells on the new job smile.gif

--------------------
Schecter Exotic Star+ Peavey VK
Ibanez Xiphos 707 + Krank Revolution 100
Damien 7

Wishlist
Schecter Customshop
Schecter 2008 Blackjack
Damage Control Timeline Delay Pedal/Distortion
a laptop that runs protools :'(

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Mar 24 2008, 12:17 AM
QUOTE (Smikey2006 @ Mar 23 2008, 07:08 PM) *
sounds like a really cool new movement smile.gif congratsz smells on the new job smile.gif

Hey Smikey, why don;t you put together a Schecter Appreciation lesson ??? laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

--------------------

My Stuff:

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Mar 24 2008, 12:19 AM
I'm buying a Sony HD camcorder so I may do a lesson if I can get over my camera shyness ph34r.gif biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by OrganisedConfusion: Mar 24 2008, 12:20 AM

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic
Amps:- Framus Ruby Riot 2x12" stack

+Quote Post
Trond Vold
Mar 24 2008, 12:29 AM
Instructor
Excellent!

Congrats smile.gif

--------------------
Guitars: Schecter Stiletto Classic, Jackson SLSMG, Ibanez RG-380 Japan, Gibson Les Paul Studio

Amp: Marshall JMP-1 -> Rocktron Velocity 100 -> Marshall JCM-900 Lead 4x12

FX and stomps: T.C Electronics G-Sharp, Korg SDD-1200, Emma Transmorgrifier, BYOC Tribooster, GGG Green Ringer, Dinosaur Overdrive, Voodoo Lab SuperFuzz, Sovtek Bassballs, Line6 Tap Tremolo, EHX Screaming Bird.

My Instructor Board!

My Myspace!

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Mar 24 2008, 12:44 AM
Instructor
Ahh,great choice,my fully congrats Chris,very well deserved!! smile.gif

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

The Pianist
tune is progress,check it out!

"ok.. it is great.. :P

have you myspace? Can i to personalize this for you guy?"

+Quote Post
Chris Evans
Mar 24 2008, 12:52 AM
smile.gif thanks guys, I really am looking forward to seeing how this develops smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Fran
Mar 24 2008, 01:03 AM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
Good idea!, GMC gets even better each day!

And congrats Smells wink.gif

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th April 2024 - 12:09 AM