4 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Updated Gmc Mobile Support!, Responsive code deployed today
Kristofer Dahl
Feb 1 2019, 04:22 PM
GMC Founder
Hi GMC!

Today we have updated the site code for it to work on all possible screen sizes/resolutions.

This should hopefully make it easier for you to access GMC from wherever you are - regardless of what unit you are browsing the site with. Especially small mobile units have had problems with GMC.

We do expect to find some bugs the coming time (hopefully only small issues!) - so we ask for your understanding and help in finding those bugs smile.gif Please notify us about your findings and we will get right on it.

Some background:

Today’s change is a long anticipated, and well needed, update. I hope it will be the first step in modernising and further developing GMC. Credit goes to:

Maharzan (Chandra Maharzan) - some of you might remember him from the forum, notably from his REC submissions. I was extremely happy when I learned Chandra wanted to help improve the GMC code. Working with him has been a blast! He also has great taste as a guitarist with a track record of awesome REC progress - it would be so cool to have him join our collabs now as well.

Loong (Chang Long) - our veteran full stack developer and tech genius. Thanks to his supervision we are still up and running after all these years. Loong and I have some cool ideas for the future, which I hope we will be able to show you.

That’s it for now - enjoy a more mobile friendly GMC! smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Phil66
Feb 1 2019, 04:40 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
Looking good on my Galaxy S8+ buddy. Thanks for all the hard work. If I find any bugs I'll let you know wink.gif

Don't know if it's a bug but just noticed when I posted the message above, the cartoon is resized but the badges aren't, this will make for more scrolling in threads with a few members with badges wink.gif

Nothing major though smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Phil66: Feb 1 2019, 04:41 PM

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Feb 1 2019, 04:44 PM
GMC Founder
QUOTE (Phil66 @ Feb 1 2019, 04:40 PM) *
Don't know if it's a bug but just noticed when I posted the message above, the cartoon is resized but the badges aren't, this will make for more scrolling in threads with a few members with badges wink.gif

Ah thanks for the report I can see it as well. That's because those images have a width that actually does fit (I still agree they look huge though), give us a little time to digest this one.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Feb 1 2019, 05:16 PM
Learning Rock Star
I have noticed some issues on my Huawei phone on the forum. Will write about it later. I am too tired and about to fall asleep now.

Here is one issue though:

Attached image(s)
Attached Image

--------------------

Check out my TikTok! - or check out my GMC video comments on YouTube

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Feb 1 2019, 05:21 PM
GMC Founder
Thanks Ben, I hope to have it fixed tomorrow!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Feb 1 2019, 08:36 PM
Learning Rock Star
I also noticed some things seem changed on the forum on Chrome. I can't put my finger to it, but it is under "view new posts" I think there is a difference. Was something changed here?

--------------------

+Quote Post
MonkeyDAthos
Feb 1 2019, 08:42 PM
GMC:er
Its more of an aesthetic, but while checking profiles, if the names are long enough they tend to blend into the picture.
I dont know if its just on my end though.

This post has been edited by MonkeyDAthos: Feb 1 2019, 08:44 PM

--------------------
It's a proven fact that guitar faces have a bigger impact on tone than wood does.

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Feb 1 2019, 08:58 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (MonkeyDAthos @ Feb 1 2019, 08:42 PM) *
Its more of an aesthetic, but while checking profiles, if the names are long enough they tend to blend into the picture.
I dont know if its just on my end though.

Posted the same just a bit above smile.gif Good to confirm though!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Feb 1 2019, 09:17 PM
Instructor
Amazing news!! I'm so happy to know that we are now mobile friendly!!

The site is looking great on my Iphone X. biggrin.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
MonkeyDAthos
Feb 1 2019, 09:33 PM
QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Feb 1 2019, 08:58 PM) *
Posted the same just a bit above smile.gif Good to confirm though!

Oh... I legit posted without reading the thread tongue.gif

--------------------
It's a proven fact that guitar faces have a bigger impact on tone than wood does.

+Quote Post
Mertay
Feb 1 2019, 09:45 PM
A welcome update and I like the small changes on the website too. I think the updates are still being worked so maybe a bit early to point out bugs.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Phil66
Feb 1 2019, 11:05 PM
Kris asked us to point out bugs mate wink.gif

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Feb 1 2019, 11:06 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Phil66 @ Feb 1 2019, 11:05 PM) *

There's one in your avatar!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Mertay
Feb 1 2019, 11:10 PM
QUOTE (Phil66 @ Feb 1 2019, 10:05 PM) *

Yeah but I checked 2-3 times today and each time things looked different, so assumed work in progress after you guys pointed out a few things (?). Also my phone is pretty vintage for a smart one (iphone 4s) so not sure if a fix is supposed to work for my phone anyway biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Adam
Feb 2 2019, 01:06 AM
Learning Roadie
It's not exactly a mobile issue but it happened after the maintenance update. When writing a post and clicking the button to insert a YT embed vid the box looks like in the attachment. Basically, the text appears below the empty background field. I'm using Windows 7 and Chrome browser (so far it worked great!)

I didn't browse it via tablet yet, but I'll have enough time for that at work this weekend. Thank you for doing this! smile.gif

Edit: the indication bar of how full/empty the mailbox is seems broken too.

This post has been edited by Adam M: Feb 2 2019, 01:13 AM

Attached image(s)
Attached Image

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Feb 2 2019, 02:26 AM
This is great news!!!!!!

Todd

QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Feb 1 2019, 11:22 AM) *
Hi GMC!

Today we have updated the site code for it to work on all possible screen sizes/resolutions.

This should hopefully make it easier for you to access GMC from wherever you are - regardless of what unit you are browsing the site with. Especially small mobile units have had problems with GMC.

We do expect to find some bugs the coming time (hopefully only small issues!) - so we ask for your understanding and help in finding those bugs smile.gif Please notify us about your findings and we will get right on it.

Some background:

Today’s change is a long anticipated, and well needed, update. I hope it will be the first step in modernising and further developing GMC. Credit goes to:

Maharzan (Chandra Maharzan) - some of you might remember him from the forum, notably from his REC submissions. I was extremely happy when I learned Chandra wanted to help improve the GMC code. Working with him has been a blast! He also has great taste as a guitarist with a track record of awesome REC progress - it would be so cool to have him join our collabs now as well.

Loong (Chang Long) - our veteran full stack developer and tech genius. Thanks to his supervision we are still up and running after all these years. Loong and I have some cool ideas for the future, which I hope we will be able to show you.

That’s it for now - enjoy a more mobile friendly GMC! smile.gif

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Feb 2 2019, 02:26 AM
Learning Rock Star
"View new posts" shows a bit weird.

Attached image(s)
Attached Image

--------------------

+Quote Post
Phil66
Feb 2 2019, 04:46 AM
QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Feb 2 2019, 01:26 AM) *
"View new posts" shows a bit weird.

I get the same on my Galaxy S8 + it doesn't show the "last action" column in portrait, it did in landscape though.

I feel bad reporting these bugs after Kris has worked so hard sad.gif

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Adam
Feb 2 2019, 05:01 AM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Phil66 @ Feb 2 2019, 04:46 AM) *

Me too sad.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Feb 2 2019, 10:01 AM
GMC Founder
QUOTE (Phil66 @ Feb 2 2019, 04:46 AM) *

No need to feel bad, this is extremely helpful to us!!

We cannot guarantee all things reported will be fixed now, for example the forum software is ancient and will need replacing sooner or later. However we need to be aware of all issues - and testing on all types of units/OS/browsers by oursleves is impossible for us.

QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Feb 1 2019, 05:16 PM) *
I have noticed some issues on my Huawei phone on the forum. Will write about it later. I am too tired and about to fall asleep now.

Here is one issue though:

This bug seems fixed on my end now!

--------------------

+Quote Post

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 01:48 PM