Hard Choises
MonkeyDAthos
Nov 8 2010, 03:11 PM
GMC:er
hey guys, i need your help....im kind of still a noob" on gear and i don't know what to chose.
im looking for a new guitar the max i can offer is 1200 euros (1,673 USD) and i simple don't know what to buy.

im kind "progressive player" but i also love to play some rock n roll and thrash stuff so i am kind of looking for a versatill guitar i,i what do you guys suggest?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
It's a proven fact that guitar faces have a bigger impact on tone than wood does.

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
ZakkWylde
Nov 8 2010, 03:20 PM
Learning Tone Master
That's good budget for a guitar!

Do you prefer any shapes, colors or configutations (tremolo, pickups, ...)

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

Gear:
- Jackson USA Select KV2 King V with EMG 81/85
- Gibson Les Paul Custom Arctic White with EMG 81/85
- Ibanez Rg 8527 J Custom 7-String with DiMarzio Evolution and Air Norton

- Peavey 6505+ head with Marshall 1960AV 4x12 cab
- Peavey Vypyr 30 Practice Amp
- Dunlop Crybaby From Hell, Maxon OD808, Boss TU-2, MXR CarbonCopy, ISP Decimator, MXR Custom Audio Electronics Booster

+Quote Post
Lian Gerbino
Nov 8 2010, 03:22 PM
Instructor
I would go for an ESP or LTD instead...

+Quote Post
MonkeyDAthos
Nov 8 2010, 03:25 PM
QUOTE (ZakkWylde @ Nov 8 2010, 02:20 PM) *
That's good budget for a guitar!

Do you prefer any shapes, colors or configutations (tremolo, pickups, ...)

not but i dislike les pauls or fenders : < strat

--------------------
It's a proven fact that guitar faces have a bigger impact on tone than wood does.

+Quote Post
superize
Nov 8 2010, 04:34 PM
Ultimate Tone Guru
Maybe you could get a Ibanez. they work for most styles

--------------------
My Gear

Ibanez RG
Jackson js30 warrior
jackson rr24
Line 6 Spider III amp
Line 6 pod xt live
Washburn acoustic

Youtube Account
My bands Myspace

+Quote Post
ZakkWylde
Nov 8 2010, 05:24 PM
Learning Tone Master
Progressive rock and metal practically calls for a superstrat shape like an Ibanez RG or ESP Horizon...
Try a prestige Ibanez RG like the 2550 or look if you can find a used ESP Horizon FR or NT.

--------------------

Gear:

- Dunlop Crybaby From Hell, Maxon OD808, Boss TU-2, MXR CarbonCopy, ISP Decimator, MXR Custom Audio Electronics Booster

+Quote Post
MonkeyDAthos
Nov 8 2010, 06:13 PM
QUOTE (ZakkWylde @ Nov 8 2010, 04:24 PM) *
Progressive rock and metal practically calls for a superstrat shape like an Ibanez RG or ESP Horizon...
Try a prestige Ibanez RG like the 2550 or look if you can find a used ESP Horizon FR or NT.

infact ohmy.gif b4 starting this tooking i was thinking on Ibanez S5470 Prestige

--------------------

+Quote Post
ZakkWylde
Nov 8 2010, 06:16 PM
Learning Tone Master
The S5470 is also a Prestige Ibanez, just with a slightly diffrent body shape and made out of a diffrent wood than an RG...
Best thing would be traveling to a big music store and trying a lot of diffrent guitars to see which ones you like and which not.

--------------------

Gear:

+Quote Post
MonkeyDAthos
Nov 8 2010, 07:46 PM
QUOTE (ZakkWylde @ Nov 8 2010, 05:16 PM) *
The S5470 is also a Prestige Ibanez, just with a slightly diffrent body shape and made out of a diffrent wood than an RG...
Best thing would be traveling to a big music store and trying a lot of diffrent guitars to see which ones you like and which not.

:X well that a major problem for me cuz i don«t have that possibilty here

--------------------

+Quote Post
ZakkWylde
Nov 9 2010, 10:13 AM
Learning Tone Master
For that much money I would rather make a big roadtrip to a music store to check out some guitars instead of buying one blindly over the internet...

--------------------

Gear:

+Quote Post
Fre
Nov 9 2010, 12:58 PM
Learning Rock Star
I second Zakk's opinion. Before I bought my guitar I searched a very long time wich one it would be. I went to the store, tried some guitars and came back with another than I had planned. You really need to 'feel' the guitar.

+Quote Post
MonkeyDAthos
Nov 9 2010, 03:00 PM
QUOTE (Fre @ Nov 9 2010, 11:58 AM) *
I second Zakk's opinion. Before I bought my guitar I searched a very long time wich one it would be. I went to the store, tried some guitars and came back with another than I had planned. You really need to 'feel' the guitar.

-

i will probly do that : D thank you guys

--------------------

+Quote Post
Fran
Nov 9 2010, 05:13 PM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
Definitely try before you buy.

Funny thing though is that the guitar I play the most since a year back or so is the one I ordered without even trying it, my Ibanez RG2570. I always pick the Ibanez, it's my "default" guitar since I own it.
I had briefly tried another Ibanez prestige before though. I guess I was lucky smile.gif

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Nov 12 2010, 12:42 AM
Instructor
Zakk is right, if you have that budget, it would be wiser to cut it down for 100e, and go somewhere where there are lots of instruments. Try everything there, and make your choice then. It will be a lot better thing to do. Focus on Ibanez, ESP and Jackson, this is my suggestion.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Nov 12 2010, 12:57 AM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
If you are unsure what you would like to get then you must go to the store to try some instruments. Make a trip to a big city and play some guitar. It will give you an impression of what you like and feel is right for you. Its a big budget and you don't actually have a "dream guitar" you must have so a try before buy is a must.

Try some Ibanez or ESP's and see what you like. Maybe in the end you'll end up with strat or gibson ? smile.gif

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
jstcrsn
Nov 12 2010, 01:50 AM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (MonkeyDAthos @ Nov 8 2010, 03:11 PM) *
hey guys, i need your help....im kind of still a noob" on gear and i don't know what to chose.
im looking for a new guitar the max i can offer is 1200 euros (1,673 USD) and i simple don't know what to buy.

im kind "progressive player" but i also love to play some rock n roll and thrash stuff so i am kind of looking for a versatill guitar i,i what do you guys suggest?

i just bought a shecter hellraiser overthe internet)because it is lefthanded , and no one carries them) and out of the box it plays as nice as anything i've owned

+Quote Post
SirJamsalot
Nov 13 2010, 12:07 AM
Learning Rock Star
I third and fourth the notion of going to the store. you might be surprised what you end up with in the end. I went shopping for a guitar recently, tried everything on the wall, got discouraged and was walking out when I thought "what the h***" and picked up a 200 dollar (USD) ibanez that felt better than any of the other guitars I was playing, so I bought it right there on the spot.

With a budget like yours, you could get 2 decent guitars and some good pickups, each geared for a different role - one for leads, the other for rythem, or something else - that's what i'd do anyways.but then again, I'm not all that excited about buying a 2K dollar guitar -

One's playing ability isn't dictated by the price paid on a guitar - might make you look and feel pro, but in the end, investment in practice is what gets the job done cool.gif

good hunting!

--------------------
The more I practice, the more I wish I had time to practice!
My Band Forum: http://passionfly.site/chat

+Quote Post
MonkeyDAthos
Nov 13 2010, 12:26 AM
QUOTE (SirJamsalot @ Nov 12 2010, 11:07 PM) *
I third and fourth the notion of going to the store. you might be surprised what you end up with in the end. I went shopping for a guitar recently, tried everything on the wall, got discouraged and was walking out when I thought "what the h***" and picked up a 200 dollar (USD) ibanez that felt better than any of the other guitars I was playing, so I bought it right there on the spot.

With a budget like yours, you could get 2 decent guitars and some good pickups, each geared for a different role - one for leads, the other for rythem, or something else - that's what i'd do anyways.but then again, I'm not all that excited about buying a 2K dollar guitar -

One's playing ability isn't dictated by the price paid on a guitar - might make you look and feel pro, but in the end, investment in practice is what gets the job done cool.gif

good hunting!

i know ..like marty friedman once said . "get you own voice and stop worry with useless details" cool.gif;
and i wouldn't be looking for a new guitar if my SG wasn't getting ,,mess up and i am also looking for new sounds!
and thank you for the advice ^^

QUOTE (Bogdan Radovic @ Nov 11 2010, 11:57 PM) *
If you are unsure what you would like to get then you must go to the store to try some instruments. Make a trip to a big city and play some guitar. It will give you an impression of what you like and feel is right for you. Its a big budget and you don't actually have a "dream guitar" you must have so a try before buy is a must.

Try some Ibanez or ESP's and see what you like. Maybe in the end you'll end up with strat or gibson ? smile.gif

xD i can't use start i just errr i can't get use to the guitar body and gibson maybe!

This post has been edited by MonkeyDAthos: Nov 13 2010, 12:27 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 06:55 AM