> Rules

Here is where the magic happens: the REC board turns bedroom guitarists into real pros. Remember - it doesn't matter if you fail or pass, as long as you keep posting REC takes you will progress.

The entries will be graded by a number of instructors. After grading, members will be accredited with the appropriate points if they pass, and adjustments will be made to their REC level.
Passing grade is 6 or higher.

* Submit your REC take!
* More info
* Score board
* Recording tutorial

Guitar Loves Piano, Lesson By Piotr Kaczor
Grade
1-10
1 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
2 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
3 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
4 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
5 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
6 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
7 [ 3 ] ** [75.00%]
8 [ 1 ] ** [25.00%]
9 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
10 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Total Votes: 4

Lexman
Jan 5 2014, 02:50 PM
Learning Roadie
Original lesson: Guitar Loves Piano by Piotr Kaczor

Hi! Here's my take for guitar loves piano. Thank you :)

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jan 6 2014, 10:27 AM
Instructor
Hey mate smile.gif

This take sounds pretty good, I say. Your articulation skills are good, even though sometimes, your vibrato is a bit uncertain - for instance, see min 0:20 and there are some notes which are too weak to be heard - such as: min 0:14

Otherwise, I think this is all that you need to focus on, for a great take indeed! smile.gif

Keep rocking man!

Cosmin

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Jan 6 2014, 02:16 PM
Instructor
Problems with this kind of lessons is that it's hard to judge the timming while:
1. There is no even click/pulse -
2. Very often in such a smooth playing we play a bit behind or in front of the beat. That's just the way it work for emotional playing

So...I won't judge the timming smile.gif

I like the tone and Your soft touch to the lesson. It clean but it need some work with notes that were muted while they should sustain (I mean something went wrong after You hit the note like 0:23-0:24)

Currently You biggest issue is over-bend while doing vibrato. From what I see You know exactly how the vibrato should be done (You don't need explanation) but You need to focus on the center pitch of vibrato. In Your case it's a bit above the correct pitch. But as I said - the movement itself is correct smile.gif

Well done. Keep up the good work smile.gif

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Jan 6 2014, 06:34 PM
Instructor
This is a nice take and you have a lot of potential !

Cosmin and Darius's advice is spot on. Your vibrato is good but it needs more guidance and attention to achieve great status smile.gif

Take care not to over bend the note too much.. on a faster rock track you can get away with it but on a ballad like this it's more noticeable.

You might be interested in exploring another type of vibrato as well. Side to side, or classical style vibrato as I call it. It might add more tools to your arsenal and give you more to work with when you need some expression. If you add it to what you can already do then you'll be a master of vibrato one day !

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Bens-Vibrato-Odyssey/

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jan 6 2014, 09:14 PM
Instructor
Hi Lex! Good take! My friends already marked the main things to work on this lesson. You still have to do an adjustment to your vibrato technique, to make it more consistent. I also noted that your guitar sounds a bit out of tune in the higher frets when you play string 2. You have a very good ear and you fix it with a very small bend / vibrato but it would be good if your guitar tuning is better.

That's all. Just concentrate on your vibrato technique. Keep on the hard work! wink.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Fran
Jan 8 2014, 06:42 PM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
Almost there, 7.25

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 05:57 PM