New Release From Hamin In Iran (i'm Doing Guest Spot), Who says Iran doesn't make great Metal?
Todd Simpson
Sep 10 2018, 08:27 PM
GMC:er
(TEASER CLIP, Full clip is on bandcamp at name your price option)
https://hamin.bandcamp.com/track/suspended-growth
My buddy HAMIN has released a new track. I'm doing a guest solo on it. Love how it turned out! He is a brave guy for making metal in Iran. It's very underground there as it can get you in serious trouble just for listening to it, much less making it. I'm proud to be part of it. Metal lives on, even when it's banned, and persecuted. Here is the full track.Whaddya think?

*P.S. I used licks that are in BOOTCAMP in this solo. If your in Bootcamp you can probably recognize them!!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Sep 11 2018, 01:50 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Sep 10 2018, 08:33 PM
Learning Rock Star
Is that not only part of the track? I see that it's 3 minutes something on Bandcamp but only 1 minute on YouTube? Cool none the less!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

Check out my TikTok! - or check out my GMC video comments on YouTube

+Quote Post
verciazghra
Sep 11 2018, 01:14 AM
Extremely cool.

--------------------
"To achieve great things, two things are needed; a plan, and not quite enough time." -Leonard Bernstein

"The only love affair I have ever had was with music." -Maurice Ravel

"There's no such place as dumb question." -Dose One

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Sep 11 2018, 01:38 AM
It's just a teaser clip with my solo in it! smile.gif The entire track is available on bandcamp at a "NAME YOUR PRICE" option.

Thanks for checking it out!Todd
QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Sep 10 2018, 03:33 PM) *
Is that not only part of the track? I see that it's 3 minutes something on Bandcamp but only 1 minute on YouTube? Cool none the less!

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Sep 11 2018, 01:40 AM

+Quote Post
DeGroot
Sep 11 2018, 03:29 AM
Experienced Guitar Hero
Sounds impressive! Very cool and melodic solo.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Sep 11 2018, 03:43 AM
Thanks!! Hamin had heard my solo for a song I did a while back with the German Singer ALEXA and he wanted me to work with him based on that. He wanted this solo for this song to be very close to that original solo that he liked so I restrained myself quite a bit and focused on the melody in the backing to create a melodic lead line. You may remember the Alexa song "Give me Time"? It's amazing to me that a song I did with a Singer from Germany (Never been there, but they have great singers and great sharp shooters if our own Kris Driever is any indication) who I found via youtube, impacted a guy all the way in Iran enough to contact me ask want to work together. God Bless the interwebs!!! it's great that I can make music with people as far flung as Germany and Iran, all from my little home studio in Georgia smile.gif He had to publish the song today as a Holy Month starts on Tuesday! So no working on Music bits during that.

I used a Zakk Wylde picking bit in the middle and ended with a pinch harmonic on the low E at the first fret. Something that zakk does quite a bit as well. Getting pinch harmonics on the fly on the lowest fret can be tricky, but it sounds cool imho smile.gif

Todd
QUOTE (DeGroot @ Sep 10 2018, 10:29 PM) *
Sounds impressive! Very cool and melodic solo.

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Sep 11 2018, 03:55 AM

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Sep 11 2018, 06:35 AM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Sep 11 2018, 04:43 AM) *
Thanks!! Hamin had heard my solo for a song I did a while back with the German Singer ALEXA and he wanted me to work with him based on that. He wanted this solo for this song to be very close to that original solo that he liked so I restrained myself quite a bit and focused on the melody in the backing to create a melodic lead line. You may remember the Alexa song "Give me Time"? It's amazing to me that a song I did with a Singer from Germany (Never been there, but they have great singers and great sharp shooters if our own Kris Driever is any indication) who I found via youtube, impacted a guy all the way in Iran enough to contact me ask want to work together. God Bless the interwebs!!! it's great that I can make music with people as far flung as Germany and Iran, all from my little home studio in Georgia smile.gif He had to publish the song today as a Holy Month starts on Tuesday! So no working on Music bits during that.

I used a Zakk Wylde picking bit in the middle and ended with a pinch harmonic on the low E at the first fret. Something that zakk does quite a bit as well. Getting pinch harmonics on the fly on the lowest fret can be tricky, but it sounds cool imho smile.gif

Todd

That solo in the song with ALEXA was always my favorite solo that you did too! smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Sep 12 2018, 02:05 AM
Thanks smile.gif It's still one of my faves as well. Just in case anyone missed it!!!! Here is is. It's also packed with various bits tdhat we have done in bootcamp and quicklicks.

QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Sep 11 2018, 01:35 AM) *
That solo in the song with ALEXA was always my favorite solo that you did too! smile.gif

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Sep 12 2018, 08:37 AM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Sep 12 2018, 03:05 AM) *
Thanks smile.gif It's still one of my faves as well. Just in case anyone missed it!!!! Here is is. It's also packed with various bits tdhat we have done in bootcamp and quicklicks.

You know, I actually think the originally "crazy" solo for Hamin beats this over all. What I like about the Alexa solo mostly is the VERY strong first few notes. Those are just super captivating!

--------------------

+Quote Post
klasaine
Sep 12 2018, 02:31 PM
Rocking in the (not so free) world!

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Sep 12 2018, 10:36 PM
Indeed! smile.gif Rocking in the "used to be free" world smile.gif

QUOTE (klasaine @ Sep 12 2018, 09:31 AM) *
Rocking in the (not so free) world!

This is just the solo section of this track, as cael pointed out, the entire track is about 3 minutes. This is just the chunk I played on.
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Sep 10 2018, 03:27 PM) *
(TEASER CLIP, Full clip is on bandcamp at name your price option)
My buddy HAMIN has released a new track. I'm doing a guest solo on it. Love how it turned out! He is a brave guy for making metal in Iran. It's very underground there as it can get you in serious trouble just for listening to it, much less making it. I'm proud to be part of it. Metal lives on, even when it's banned, and persecuted. Here is the full track.Whaddya think?

*P.S. I used licks that are in BOOTCAMP in this solo. If your in Bootcamp you can probably recognize them!!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 10:44 AM