Strumming Questions
LaughingTiger
Jul 20 2007, 07:57 PM
GMC:er
I've been praticing for some time now and I'm noticing some real progession. I've been working on the beginner sections and I'm almost done struggling with trying to "get" bar chords, something I've really been struggling with.

I decided to give myself a break and just work on some rythym playing for fun, but I noticed I'm really having trouble figuring out how to strum a guitar in rythym. I listen to songs and try to pick up how it's being done, I've got friends who are excellent guitarists whom I hang out with on a weekly basis - they show me, I'm good for a few, but when I'm alone, I suffer terribly.

What are ways to improve strumming technique? I mean, I realize that it's "practice practice practice", which I have no problem with, but I feel so gosh-darned awkward when I try to strum. It's really jarring, and I admit to feeling somewhat discouraged here.

Help! I need rythym!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Wisdom begins in wonder - Socrates
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Anastasio123
Jul 20 2007, 09:19 PM
GMC:er
you need to look at how you use your right hand, or strumming hand. Watch videos of guitarists and watch how they strum there guitars. Its important to also realize that your farely new and developing comfortable strumming technique is just a matter of becoming comfortable at playing guitar in general. Try to play along with Green Day songs because songs like "When I COme Around" have simple rhythyms. Over time, I'm sure you will find yourself becoming more comfortable strumming with your right hand. When your ready for bar chords, we'll start talking about your left hand! Good Luck ! biggrin.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
IPB Image
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 10:42 AM